DanJohnson

Israels' "Right to Exist"

Well, only a dumbass would think that Ahmadinejad was talking about wiping the actual land mass off of the map.

then only a dumbass would suggest that he said "wipe israel off the map".

Semantics I know, but that is not what he said.

do I agree with him...No!

Do i agree with israel...No!

I want peace, and from what I can see Iran is much more Peacful than Israel...

Hey, I only responded to a link that YOU provided. The writer obviously felt that he needed to clarify that point.

"Translation controversy

Many news sources repeated the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting statement by Ahmadinejad that "Israel must be wiped off the map",[5][6] an English idiom which means to "cause a place to stop existing",[7] or to "obliterate totally",[8] or "destroy completely".[9]

Ahmadinejad's phrase was "(Farsi characters)" according to the text published on the President's Office's website.[10]

The translation presented by the official Islamic Republic News Agency has been challenged by Arash Norouzi, who says the statement 'wiped off the map' was never made and that Ahmadinejad did not refer to the nation or land mass of Israel, but to the 'regime occupying Jerusalem'. Norouzi translated the original Persian to English, with the result, 'the Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time.'"

The easiest path to peace would be if the Jews in Israel just gave up and walked into the sea. But it's unreasonable to expect that and it's not going to happen. Obviously, as has been demonstrated throughout the past 63 years, if their neighbors try to make that happen they are going to meet with some resistance."

Also, as I pointed out earlier ...Iran can sit back and pretend to be peaceful and rational while financing and supplying surrogates to do their fighting.

Anywho, regarding your video link...Ummm, dayum!!! A TV show edited an interview and took words out of context?!?!?! I never heard of such a thing!!!

Yep, pretty interesting that a main stream media outlet would interview a major enemy of Israel, and then edit his words to make it seems like he is saying the opposite of what he actually meant.

And you pro-israel posters wonder why folks like us think you might be lacking information on certain things.

But hey, you seem to be embracing being misinformed. Cool with me.

Carpe Diem

You keep bringing this up. Have you even read the relevant Geneva convention documents? .... let's talk specifics...

Okay:In 2000, the editors of the Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Palestine Yearbook of International Law (1998–1999) said "the "transfer, directly or indirectly, by the Occupying Power of parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies, or the deportation or transfer of all or parts of the population of the occupied territory within or outside this territory" amounts to a war crime. This is obviously applicable to Israeli settlement activities in the Occupied Arab Territorie,

In 2004 the International Court of Justice, in an advisory, non-binding opinion—noted that the Security Council had described Israel's policy and practices of settling parts of its population and new immigrants in the occupied territories as a "flagrant violation" of the Fourth Geneva Convention. The Court also concluded that the Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (including East Jerusalem) have been established in breach of international law and that all the States parties to the Geneva Convention are under an obligation to ensure compliance by Israel with international law as embodied in the Convention.

4th Geneva Convention.

Specific enough?

Carpe Diem

Why were the territories occupied? Because there was a war.

Occupying and settling territories won during war is a nothing new. Most nations have boundaries that are the result of it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Occupying and settling territories won during war is a nothing new. Most nations have boundaries that are the result of it.

Oh, come on now. I'm sure that, had the outcome had been different, any territory taken from Israel during those conflicts would have been promptly returned.

I call bullsh*t, it's not like the USA fought some people already living here and took there land that we never gave back....ah crap.

I guess we have to give that all back if Israel has to give up their land.
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

Sorry, the fourth Geneva Convention is still applicable. I hope that clears that up?

So in recap, Israel is not a war criminal. Although Israel breaks world law regrding human rights and the Geneva convention.

Israel is not a nuclear rogue although Israel refuses to allow inspectors of any world body in to Demona, refuses to sign the NPT and refuses to acknowledge a nuclear program.

Iran said " wipe Israel off face of map" but really didn't say that but pro-Israel folks cling to it as the holy grail of hate towards Iran.

The media does not slant in favor of Israel. Okay it does, including editing comments to be misconstrued as aggressive. Israel is not despirate to influence public opinion either. Oh but they will attack web polls and forums with Israeli sponsored "trainee diplomats" that have specific software to alert zionsts of any web entry tarnishing the image of Israel. But Israel needs the help and "it's about time".

Okay. I'm clear.

Carpe Diem

I call bullsh*t, it's not like the USA fought some people already living here and took there land that we never gave back....ah crap.

To me it's not a point of Israel giving up land. It's a point of stopping the continual land grabbing currently happening. It's not the point of Israel living with the Pali's. It's the point of them controlling airspace, borders and shores to prevent economical growth of the Pali's. It's not if Israel should have a nation, it's at what financial, diplomatic and strategic cost it is to Americans. Itr's not if the media is slanted to Israel, it's that the majority of Sheeple are ignorant based on spoon fed "facts" from the main stream.

It's not that Israel isn't a legitimate nation. It's that if they want to continue to be viewed that way, they better start acting that way.

The Israeli double standard is fascinating.

Carpe Diem

To me it's not a point of Israel giving up land. It's a point of stopping the continual land grabbing currently happening. It's not the point of Israel living with the Pali's. It's the point of them controlling airspace, borders and shores to prevent economical growth of the Pali's. It's not if Israel should have a nation, it's at what financial, diplomatic and strategic cost it is to Americans. Itr's not if the media is slanted to Israel, it's that the majority of Sheeple are ignorant based on spoon fed "facts" from the main stream.

It's not that Israel isn't a legitimate nation. It's that if they want to continue to be viewed that way, they better start acting that way.

I am sure you are completely even handed in your criticism of those committed to Israel's destruction.

Your denials are very convincing.

I am sure you are completely even handed in your criticism of those committed to Israel's destruction.

Your denials are very convincing.

and your hyperbole is awesome...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Anywho, regarding your video link...Ummm, dayum!!! A TV show edited an interview and took words out of context?!?!?! I never heard of such a thing!!!

Yep, pretty interesting that a main stream media outlet would interview a major enemy of Israel, and then edit his words to make it seems like he is saying the opposite of what he actually meant.

And you pro-israel posters wonder why folks like us think you might be lacking information on certain things.

UH OH, he's on to us!! Quick, fellow Zionist conspirators, lets regroup and plan our next attack!;)
I really do find your Zionist conspiracy theories quite amusing..
PS, here is an Israeli taken out of context:
http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_print=1&x_context=6&x_article=783
I can find more if you like.

UH OH, he's on to us!! Quick, fellow Zionist conspirators, lets regroup and plan our next attack!;)
I really do find your Zionist conspiracy theories quite amusing..
PS, here is an Israeli taken out of context:
http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_print=1&x_context=6&x_article=783
I can find more if you like.

Delusion can be an amusing state to be in I guess. Good luck with that :)
My statements are available to disprove. So far that has not been the outcome for you. We can certainly disagree on certain philosophies, I respect that. But facts are facts.

As an American, I'm appalled that a foreign nation influences my Congress this much. I'm upset that a religious need supersedes the national security of America. And I find it extremely bizarre that so many Americans have dual loyalties this strong.

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of my fellow citizens that regard the financial and security health of another nation more important then their own.

Yes, this whole topic fascinates me. Including the asinine remarks from the typical pro-Israel poster, All very consistent. All very interesting.

Carpe Diem

Iran said " wipe Israel off face of map" but really didn't say that but pro-Israel folks cling to it as the holy grail of hate towards Iran.

Actions speak louder than words, no? Like Iran's support of Hezbollah and Hamas in the form of money, weapons, and training. For those keeping score, these organizations aren't there to foster peace.

The media does not slant in favor of Israel. Okay it does, including editing comments to be misconstrued as aggressive.

I guess you didn't read any of the coverage last year when those peaceful blockade runners got shot up after not killing several IDF soldiers with harsh language.

Okay. I'm clear.

My statements are available to disprove. So far that has not been the outcome for you. We can certainly disagree on certain philosophies, I respect that. But facts are facts.

As an American, I'm appalled that a foreign nation influences my Congress this much. I'm upset that a religious need supersedes the national security of America. And I find it extremely bizarre that so many Americans have dual loyalties this strong.

Sorry, I'm not a big fan of my fellow citizens that regard the financial and security health of another nation more important then their own.

Yes, this whole topic fascinates me. Including the asinine remarks from the typical pro-Israel poster, All very consistent. All very interesting.

Ok dude, whatever works for you. You can keep calling me delusional and whatnot, that totally strengthens your argument I'm sure.:S
"Facts are facts" eh? I dunno.. You look at your "facts" and interpret them to your liking. I look at them and see something else. But that's understandable, I've been brainwashed!
I'm an American. I believe supporting the only democracy in the Middle East is in Americas interest. You do not. We will have to agree to disagree on that one.:)Also, I am very offended by your insinuation that I am misinformed!! I will have you know that I watch The Daily Show religiously! Of course, Jon Stewart is a big ole' Jew, so he must be a part of our Zionist conspiracy. Why haven't I seen him at any of the meetings?!?:P

Yes, this whole topic fascinates me. Including the asinine remarks from the typical anti-Israel poster. All very consistent. All very interesting.

Oh, come on now. I'm sure that, had the outcome had been different, any territory taken from Israel during those conflicts would have been promptly returned.

Gee like all the lands and homes and property stolen from jews across the muslim world when they were forcibly expelled or died after the creation of Israel??

I wonder if Aliass will bitch about those countries, the muslim bretheran of the poor downtrodden Palistinians not giving all that property( which was far in excess in size and value of all of Israel at the time) to the poor downtrodden terrorist PLO and HAMAS and HEZBOLLAH masses.

Ok dude, whatever works for you. You can keep calling me delusional and whatnot, that totally strengthens your argument I'm sure.:S
"Facts are facts" eh? I dunno.. You look at your "facts" and interpret them to your liking. I look at them and see something else. But that's understandable, I've been brainwashed!
I'm an American. I believe supporting the only democracy in the Middle East is in Americas interest. You do not. We will have to agree to disagree on that one.:)Also, I am very offended by your insinuation that I am misinformed!! I will have you know that I watch The Daily Show religiously! Of course, Jon Stewart is a big ole' Jew, so he must be a part of our Zionist conspiracy. Why haven't I seen him at any of the meetings?!?:P

Yes, this whole topic fascinates me. Including the asinine remarks from the typical anti-Israel poster. All very consistent. All very interesting.

Hey... there are plenty of websites that ring that familiar sound... of bashing Israel... like Skinheads... Volksfront ... Christian Identity .. and lets not forget the oldest... the good ole boys in the Klan.. fellow travellers all.. quackin and waddlin along together.

the jewish spring...

protests are not only spreading geographically; their momentum has brought other groups to the streets, including small pockets of the aggrieved — striking doctors, dairy farmers and struggling working parents — who have also begun marching. More significantly, the head of the Histadrut, Israel’s powerful organization of trade unions, has joined the housing protests, putting the full force of Israeli labor behind them and general strikes taking place.

With a recent Ha’aretz poll showing 87 percent of Israelis siding with the protesters, and with Netanyahu’s approval rating quickly plummeting from 51 to 32 percent, the progressive left in Israel appears to be undergoing a sudden rebirth. The left seems emboldened by Netanyahu’s vulnerability and enraged not only by Israel’s growing economic disparities brought on by Netanyahu’s privatization push, but by the damage legislators in his party have done to Israel’s democracy.

Last month, the Knesset passed several controversial bills, including one outlawing boycotts of Israeli entities, thus denying citizens the right to engage in a normative, nonviolent form of protest. It is a law so odious that several prominent Israeli pundits called it fascist, a word not used lightly with memory of the Holocaust always in the background.

http://www.alternet.org/story/151892/hundreds_of_thousands_of_protestors_take_to_the_streets_in_israel_--_are_the_winds_of_social_change_blowing/?page=entire
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Ok dude, whatever works for you. You can keep calling me delusional and whatnot, that totally strengthens your argument I'm sure

It's never my intention to be insulting. There might be a shred to reality to my claims. Might not. If you were really delusional, could you recognize it? lol - kidding

"Facts are facts" eh? I dunno.. You look at your "facts" and interpret them to your liking. I look at them and see something else.

I'm a facts guy. Some take facts that disrupt preconceived notions and deal with them better then others. I think sticking to the term "misinformed" is safer then "delusional" or "brain washed". So I'll play that angle with you. But regardless, yes, a fact is a fact. Embrace that concept.

You act as if you support israel in an attack on Iran based on statements that have been made by Ahmajinedicks. Myself and other posters effectively showed your statements to not be factual. You were apparently....hold on...misinformed? That's just one example based on my impression of your posts concerning this subject.

I am glad I could share that Operation Ajax with you. Having said that, I did find your response a little cavalier. To think, your reaction to the Brits and the US over throwing a democratically elected Iranian leader that was responsible for building infrastructure and industry while replacing him with a brutal leader that led to a revolution and US hostage taking was:

Iran may or may not have legitimate beefs with the US. History. Time to move on if you're really interested in peace in the region.

That kind of helps me gauge your level of awareness and ability to build on a debate rather then ignore new information. ignoring new evidence will prevent you from expanding your opinion leaving you in an arrested development. And open for a claim that you might be misinformed. I considered that statement to fall under the asinine category.

Jon Stewart is a big ole' Jew, so he must be a part of our Zionist conspiracy. Why haven't I seen him at any of the meetings?!?

You seem to believe what you want to believe. Even after facts have been presented showing other wise. Laughing it off is a great dodge though.

Sorry to INFORM you (not that you would be misinformed) but I have in the posts above shown, with valid links, there to be an orchestrated effort by the Israeli governments Ministry of Foreign Relations to distribute specific software to be downloaded by "Trainee Diplomats" acting in concert to not only disrupt forums critical of the policies of Israel (stopping civili discourse) but also blanket any polls discussing policies of Israel. All in order to continue the heavy influence on public opinion.

Some would call that a Jewish Conspiracy. But not you of course. Maybe you are misinformed on the definition of the word "conspiracy"? And I'm pretty sure the folks involved are Jewish. Or at least folks with Zionist tendencies.

Look, I'm not here to offend anyone. Only to share my opinions and be open to critical thinking. You seem to not be receptive to either activity. Maybe I'm incorrect and you'll bring something to the table I've not been aware of yet. I hope so.

Carpe Diem

Hey... there are plenty of websites that ring that familiar sound... of bashing Israel... like Skinheads... Volksfront ... Christian Identity .. and lets not forget the oldest... the good ole boys in the Klan.. fellow travellers all.. quackin and waddlin along together.

I use sites like these to explain my points.

Fourth Geneva Convention

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Geneva_Convention

ISRAEL’S ‘ENORMOUS WEB OF UNLAWFUL PRACTICES’ DEVASTATING PALESTINIAN SOCIETY,

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2008/gaspd415.doc.htm

The Foreign Ministry has ordered trainee diplomats to track websites and chatrooms so that networks of US and European groups with hundreds of thousands of Jewish activists can place supportive messages.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article693911.ece

How these sites ring a familiar sound of bashing Israel is beyond me. They are legitimate sites used to support facts in a debate. Sorry.

But then, an old worn out tactic used to derail discourse about israeli policy is to connect the poster to skin heads and the Klan regardless of it's validity. Wow, it's like pro-israel posters get the same hand out or something. Same old shit over and over. I guess you guys do it for amusement. Because it's not that effective.

Carpe Diem

It's never my intention to be insulting. There might be a shred to reality to my claims. Might not. If you were really delusional, could you recognize it? lol - kidding

Haven't been insulted by you yet. What do you think all of the ;):S:P are for? I take any internet "discussion" with a very large dose of salt. I suggest you do the same.

I'm a facts guy. Some take facts that disrupt preconceived notions and deal with them better then others. I think sticking to the term "misinformed" is safer then "delusional" or "brain washed". So I'll play that angle with you. But regardless, yes, a fact is a fact. Embrace that concept.

I agree, facts are facts. But are you saying that the same fact cannot be interpreted differently by two different sides?? If so, as my people say:OY VEY!B|

You act as if you support israel in an attack on Iran based on statements that have been made by Ahmajinedicks. Myself and other posters effectively showed your statements to not be factual. You were apparently....hold on...misinformed? That's just one example based on my impression of your posts concerning this subject.
I am glad I could share that Operation Ajax with you. Having said that, I did find your response a little cavalier. To think, your reaction to the Brits and the US over throwing a democratically elected Iranian leader that was responsible for building infrastructure and industry while replacing him with a brutal leader that led to a revolution and US hostage taking was:

Iran may or may not have legitimate beefs with the US. History. Time to move on if you're really interested in peace in the region.

That kind of helps me gauge your level of awareness and ability to build on a debate rather then ignore new information. ignoring new evidence will prevent you from expanding your opinion leaving you in an arrested development. And open for a claim that you might be misinformed. I considered that statement to fall under the asinine category.

UH OH, now you're in trouble. I never said any of that. It looks like you have got your "discussions" mixed up there buddy. You better go back and check every post. That should keep you busy for a while :)

Jon Stewart is a big ole' Jew, so he must be a part of our Zionist conspiracy. Why haven't I seen him at any of the meetings?!?

You seem to believe what you want to believe. Even after facts have been presented showing other wise. Laughing it off is a great dodge though.

Sorry to INFORM you (not that you would be misinformed) but I have in the posts above shown, with valid links, there to be an orchestrated effort by the Israeli governments Ministry of Foreign Relations to distribute specific software to be downloaded by "Trainee Diplomats" acting in concert to not only disrupt forums critical of the policies of Israel (stopping civili discourse) but also blanket any polls discussing policies of Israel. All in order to continue the heavy influence on public opinion.

Some would call that a Jewish Conspiracy. But not you of course. Maybe you are misinformed on the definition of the word "conspiracy"?

Look, I'm not here to offend anyone. Only to share my opinions and be open to critical thinking. You seem to not be receptive to either activity. Maybe I'm incorrect and you'll bring something to the table I've not been aware of yet. I hope so.

What can I say?? You look at the facts and see a Big Scary Jewish Conspiracy!!!! I see a government trying to sway public opinion in their favor. Like, oh, EVERY government EVER. But fact are facts, right :P
Have they attacked sites critical of Israel by forcing them to shut down? Have they sent in the goon squads??
Or do they have people vote "yay Israel" in a poll?!? See a difference?? I hope so...

I do enjoy our little chats though:)

UH OH, now you're in trouble. I never said any of that. It looks like you have got your "discussions" mixed up there buddy. You better go back and check every post. That should keep you busy for a while

I could use a familiar tactic and say, "yes you did, show me where you didn't" that kooky logic. But yep, got you and Muff mixed up there. Easily done but a mistake none the less.

I agree, facts are facts. But are you saying that the same fact cannot be interpreted differently by two different sides?? If so, as my people say:OY VEY!

I know. It seems in your world I could state that 2 + 2 = 4 and somehow you would argue that some facts are different to others. Without explaining how. That's convenient.

Other then debating each other about each other, did you have any thing else to elaborate on?

Regardless of the severe detrimental effect to US national security, handicapping our diplomatic efforts in the middle east, having our political system infiltrated by a foreign nation and providing a strategic and financial burden for US citizens, did you have a specific justification for the US to continue this level of support for Israel ? I mean, as bad ass as Israel is, they can certainly protect themselves by now no?

Carpe Diem

Have they attacked sites critical of Israel by forcing them to shut down? Have they sent in the goon squads??
Or do they have people vote "yay Israel" in a poll?!? See a difference?? I hope so...

Well, there is a push for legislation in many places that defines and suggests any questioning of whether Israel has the right to exist as a state that privileges Jews over people of other religions or ethnic backgrounds amounts to anti-Semitism.

These "jewish cyber warriors" unleashed by israel do act as goon squads. Of course I cannot prove they are "trainee diplomats" but I can share a few observations. And it's not exactly just "yay Israel" in a poll. YOu can try your self if ya want.

Go to a site and find a discussion like this. And read along as you watch pro-israeli posters use the same techniques over and over. They will bully other posters, use account cloning and libel. Just about every youtube video critical of israel exhibits this. I guess it's our different definitions of goon squad.

But yes, they have pressured sites to be closed because they were critical of israel. They will bully and harass as a tactic to discourage further discussion. And it is a fact that there is a push to make the term anti-semite any one making a statement critical of Israel's right to exists.

I know, you see one thing in a fact. I see the fact.

I actually discovered the trainee diplomat program and the 2009 global dictionary because I saw such a similarity in posts between different posters on different sites. Word for word. Then I would see a quiet site that had not had action for a while, make a comment and within 1 hour multiple posters were bullying me. As if they had been alerted. As if they all read the same manual.

A good chance they were and they did. Acting like a cyber goon squad

Carpe Diem

I wonder if Aliass will bitch about those countries,

Start a forum about them and maybe I will. Um, this one is about Israel I think.:S Bizarre idea sticking on topic I know but someone has to try.

It seems you are the one having trouble staying on topic. My "cavalier" response to your post about US meddling in Iran's affairs in the 50s was only because I try to provide some response to all points made by someone ....no matter how irrelevant that point may be to the discussion, particularly when a poster is responding to me. You and dream like to pick and choose which points are worthy of your response ...and which you choose to ignore. Maybe you could start another thread with the topic of post-war US involvement in Iran and you might get some agreement from me. Meanwhile, Iran's shadow war against Israel is relevant to the topic. Iran really has no dog in this fight and has inserted itself in a show of religious solidarity with the Arabs' stated mission to end the State of Israel. And they are sponsoring terrorist groups who have stated that they only exist to drive Israel from the region. Showing some video that has been doctored to demonize someone is only bad journalism. It certainly does not disprove (nor prove, for that matter) whether Ahm. has made threats against Israel. To ignore other evidence and focus on the exposure of a couple of propaganda videos leads me to believe you have an agenda other than learning the truth. But, to paraphrase what you have said, "facts are facts". ...and that video, which you provided, is a great example of how "facts" can be manipulated. You keep listing all the "facts" and sooner or later you will get to the truth. Then again, you may be one of those who only sees the truth you want to see.

Israel remains in a state of war whether you like it or not. They must be constantly vigilant against the threat of attack at any time ...a threat that has materialized into various aggressive acts against them throughout their history. They tolerate it because "the world" depends on their ability to meter their responses to aggression without escalation to full scale counter strikes which is well within their ability. Hardly a "rogue" state. Sadly, this is seen as a weakness by their enemies who are further emboldened by Israel's acquiescence to outside whining and hand-wringing. That game can only be played for so long before the Israeli dog gets tired of being constantly poked. Israel does not need the US or the UN or anyone else to "OK" a response against any nation who has participated in the 63-year war against them. Millions of Arabs and Persians owe their existence to Israel's restraint.