DanJohnson

Israels' "Right to Exist"

Genocides are not as easy as they used to be... International communication and all.

Interstate genocides are not as easy as they used to be; however, this past 25 years the numbers of atrocities within a state's border are on the increase.

Why? because the tension that exists between the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide and the Geneva Convention article 2 (1): "The Organization is based on the principle of the sovereign equality of all its Members." & (7): "Nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state . . ."
This UN 'respect' for sovereignty is protected until someone in the international arena cries "GENOCIDE"; unfortunately, charter members are reluctant to do so, oftentimes, until it is too late or until the offending party is thoroughly exhausted from swinging machetes.

LOL.'The lighter side of genocide', where you have to keep your sense of humour, or you'll go fucking nuts.

There is no humor or a lighter side of genocide when 800,000 plus people are killed in 100 days while the world watches. Keep your sense of humor when bad shit is happening to you, not when it happens to other people. That is a clear sign of lack of empathy, which is one of the signs of a sociopath in the making.
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

Genocide? Prove it. Post a link from a REPUTABLE source, I would love to read it. Or have you seen this genocide first hand? How on earth did you escape??

So the object is not to destroy certain groups by murdering them?

whether you agree with the reasoning or not, by definition we are engaged in genocide.

It is simply not 'sold' to us that way.

Prove it isn't!

no, this is your claim. Your burden to prove, especially when it's a serious claim like of genocide.

But you'll fail - systematic wholescale murder of people by race is not happening there. And Egypt finally opened their border with Gaza, so the whole blockade = genocide claim falls apart.

no, this is your claim. Your burden to prove, especially when it's a serious claim like of genocide.

Maybe you could prove me wrong by explaining what the objective on the war on terror is other than genocide please.

Many people wanted blood after 9/11, that came in the form of genocide.
Back a hundred years ago, especially around Woodrow Wilson, what happened in this country is we took freedom and we chopped it into pieces.
Ron Paul

Maybe you could prove me wrong by explaining what the objective on the war on terror is other than genocide please.

And just what race was being wiped out, pray tell?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Sorry, can't disprove a vague claim you won't even articulate. All we know is we have you on record as laughing about it, which I took as evidence that you're making it all up. Disprove that!

There is no humor or a lighter side of genocide when 800,000 plus people are killed in 100 days while the world watches. Keep your sense of humor when bad shit is happening to you, not when it happens to other people. That is a clear sign of lack of empathy, which is one of the signs of a sociopath in the making.

Huh, I despise all acts of violence.

If I do not keep a sense of humour, I would not be able to ponder these things. I would be too upset.
I have empathy, I have opposed the wars since the get go. You better start questioning those that supported the war; they are the people with no empathy.

Do you condone the reckless murder of innocent civilians while trying to 'wipe out’ a certain group of people with your tax dollars?

Lighten up chickie!:P
Back a hundred years ago, especially around Woodrow Wilson, what happened in this country is we took freedom and we chopped it into pieces.
Ron Paul

gen·o·cide
[jen-uh-sahyd]
–noun
the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

Maybe you need to reconsider your definition, and then get back to me.
Ron Paul

Sorry, can't disprove a vague claim you won't even articulate.

I beleive the war on terror is by definiton genocide as the dictionary definition clearly describes the objective of the war on terror as being so .

Can I get any more articulated than that?

Now refute it, I'd like to see you try.

I take it you support that particular genocide?

All we know is we have you on record as laughing about it, which I took as evidence that you're making it all up. Disprove that!

Nice dodge.

"You are wrong so prove you are right"

What kind of stupid argument is that.

You may want a more direct approach;

"You are wrong because..."
Ron Paul

gen·o·cide
[jen-uh-sahyd]
–noun
the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.

Maybe you need to reconsider your definition, and then get back to me.

Maybe you need to provide your *proof* and then get back to me.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

haha, So you beleive they are over there holding hands in the poppy fields singing.

'I'd like to teach the world to sing'

Get out of your dreamworld, and come back to reality already.

Nice dodge, how about you answer the simple question.

The George W. Bush administration defined the following objectives in the War on Terror:[32]

Defeat terrorists such as Osama bin Laden, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and destroy their organizations

Ron Paul

Lighten up chickie!:P

Dickie,
I can't lighten up; if I did, it might be confused with a sense of humor and then I might be labeled a 'sociopath'!

Jeans
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

Calling me a sociopath is a direct personal attack.

Maybe if you focus your frustrations on the real criminals that are murdering people in our name, then you might be making some good with your energy.

:)
This is why we are broke.

Ron Paul

You have a very loose application threshold for the term genocide.

I suppose that the bombing of German or Japanese cities during WWII would qualify as genocide the way you apparently think of it. But that was not the case, there was no effort to exterminate.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

You have a very loose application threshold for the term genocide.

Not really, I use the dictionary definition. Which definition do you use?

I suppose that the bombing of German or Japanese cities during WWII would qualify as genocide the way you apparently think of it. But that was not the case, there was no effort to exterminate.

Not really, I would hope the objective of those bombings was to force the Germans and the Japanese to surrender their attacks. Not to destroy them completely.

The objective of the war on terror is quite different.
Ron Paul

haha, So you beleive they are over there holding hands in the poppy fields singing.

'I'd like to teach the world to sing'

Get out of your dreamworld, and come back to reality already.

Nice dodge, how about you answer the simple question.

The George W. Bush administration defined the following objectives in the War on Terror:[32]

Defeat terrorists such as Osama bin Laden, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and destroy their organizations

I must have missed where it says "kill them all" in there, can you point it out to me?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Ive been pondering this question lately ; Why does Israel have a "Right To Exist" on the Palestinians turf?

Any ideas?

The question assumes facts not in evidence...or true. It is not the Palestinians' turf. Never was.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Calling me a sociopath is a direct personal attack.

Sweety,

I thought you'd be more offended with me calling you "Dickie". I never called you a sociopath; I only stated that lack of empathy was on the check list for a sociopath.

The idea of a single-unitary actor who speaks for the nation is infuriating, to say the least. This is not new to this administration, the forces are stronger than one man. As long as we remain convinced we are in a constant state of red alert, more and more rights will be stripped as MNCs continue serve their own agendas while pulling the puppet strings.

Illegal invasions, occupations and dollars being spent abroad for posturing while they should be spent at home rebuilding are in the cross-hairs of my radar everyday!

Can we just kiss and make up? (no humor intended, just passing the peace pipe)

J

Pots should be shaken, not stirred!

I must have missed where it says "kill them all" in there, can you point it out to me?

What part did you get?

"I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony...." every body now.
Ron Paul

Sweety,

I thought you'd be more offended with me calling you "Dickie". I never called you a sociopath; I only stated that lack of empathy was on the check list for a sociopath.

The idea of a single-unitary actor who speaks for the nation is infuriating, to say the least. This is not new to this administration, the forces are stronger than one man. As long as we remain convinced we are in a constant state of red alert, more and more rights will be stripped as MNCs continue serve their own agendas while pulling the puppet strings.

Illegal invasions, occupations and dollars being spent abroad for posturing while they should be spent at home rebuilding are in the cross-hairs of my radar everyday!

Can we just kiss and make up? (no humor intended, just passing the peace pipe)

agreed, all good.

It's not that hydoponic shit is it, that stuff makes me feel funny...LOL
Ron Paul

Slander your opposition.

Yes, and your "human rights violator" post was so neutral, wasn't it?

Was it supposed to be? You're serious aren't you? You really can't define the difference between calling someone "anti-Semitic" (distraction tactic) because they disagree with policies of Israel and using an example that Israel is a documented human rights violator? What I wrote is factual. I looked, but couldn't locate any post the poster made that would be interpreted as "anti-Semitic" to a reasonable person.

Get creative with this sophisticated debate and quit relying on your Hasbara training manual.

Carpe Diem

***The question assumes facts not in evidence...or true. It is not the Palestinians' turf. Never was.

Oh ! You are another one.
I'm sure the Palestinians weren't named such after the land they were born in and inhabited.
They probably were actually natives of..,Norway!

Slander your opposition.

Yes, and your "human rights violator" post was so neutral, wasn't it?

Was it supposed to be? You're serious aren't you? You really can't define the difference between calling someone "anti-Semitic" (distraction tactic) because they disagree with policies of Israel and using an example that Israel is a documented human rights violator? What I wrote is factual. I looked, but couldn't locate any post the poster made that would be interpreted as "anti-Semitic" to a reasonable person.

Get creative with this sophisticated debate and quit relying on your Hasbara training manual.

My *what* training manual?

As for "sophistication" (not that you're showing any as of yet), here's a hint - if you're going to claim that your oppent is using distracting tactics, it's best if you're not using them yourself.

Just sayin'.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I like arguing with you:
You - Genocide!!!!!!
Sane People - Proof??
You - It's right there!!! *Points wildly at nothing*
Sane People - Ahhh, now we get it...

Ignorance is bliss?

Where have you been for the past decade?

Sane people huh... :D
Ron Paul

There is no humor or a lighter side of genocide when 800,000 plus people are killed in 100 days while the world watches.

I assume you're talking about Rwanda there -- no other genocide of such wretched efficiency happened in modern times. That genocide had nothing to do with Israel, and if anyone is to blame for that, it is 1. the very useless and impotent UN and 2. America, whose State department stood by and played semantics with the word "genocide" as hundreds of thousands died.

The fact that humans do nothing as others go to the slaughter, so long as it's not "their" group of people being killed (WWI Anatolia; WWII Europe; 1990s Rwanda, as brought up in this thread), is why Israel's existence shouldn't even be a subject of discussion. Israel has every reason to act zealously in its own self-defense when attacked time and time again as the world continues to watch. Once again -- a bit of empathy.

The premise of this whole thread "right to exist" (in quotes, mind you) is a farce.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.