Skyrad

Banning firearms in Norway may have prevented the massacre

The killer couldn't find illegal firearms in Norway so travelled to Prague to acquire some, he failed. In his 1500 page document this is what he said...

Day 5 in Prague. I’m getting desperate. This is the first major setback for me during my operation. I am so disappointed by myself. I realize now that Prague is far from the ideal city when looking to buy arms. Western European capitals are probably a more suitable location to establish a connection as that is the end destination of the arms that come through here. Prague may be a transit point but finding the actual couriers or sellers has proven to be a hard task. Also, I guess I wasn’t motivated enough, considering the fact that I could have just purchased a legal semi automatic rifle and a glock in Norway. I have approached several shady looking individuals but I would have tried a lot harder if it weren’t for the fact that I could buy guns legally.

I have now decided to abort this sub-mission and rather focus on acquiring the weapons I need legally, back in Norway.

Looks like a gun ban would have saved the lives of a lot of children.

Source
http://www.blackfive.net/main/2011/07/manifesto-anders-behring-breivik.html
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Or he could have just blown them up with one of his illegal bombs instead. Or he could have shopped at the illegal gun market that would thrive under the "banning" of legal firearms.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

This is one of the most disturbing sections in the document. Not just the explanation of how he procured weapons but the "matter-of-fact" style of documenting it all. He jokes about how he will cover up or explain his various procurements if caught, how the various materials are used legally and how he intends to use them. The whole thing is based upon the necessity to maximize death and destruction. All written with great detail and order. Just one example:

"Item: Sulphur powder (pure yellow)
Purchase: Dec 2010
Intended use: component to primary charge
Quantity: 0,5 kg
Supplier: Ebay, English company
Alt. supplier: can also be purchased from aquarium shops for aquarium filters
Shipping declaration: specified as “yellow artist paint dust”
Cost: 20 Euro
Bought with VISA - Paypal
Delivery: delivery without problems, customs never opened
Cover story: sulphur used for aquarium filter refill (oh, we love our little imaginary fishies,
don’t we)
Cover story used: no
Risk: I was concerned about customs seizing the package and/or informing authorities but
it appears this didn’t happen."

Norway has strict guns laws. One must belong to a gun club in order to own any and I think it is illegal to have any at home that are assembled. To bad no one was armed among the victims.

Whatever guns were used will likely be banned now. Glad I don't live there.

One hour response time, and if you bother looking up the map, explaining the time frame from first call to the police had captured him.

No guns in the streets is Freedom!

Yup - he had the freedom to roam and shoot whomever he wanted.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

One hour response time, and if you bother looking up the map, explaining the time frame from first call to the police had captured him.

No guns in the streets is Freedom!

I really wouldn't bother, they will never understand what it is to live in a country that really is free. Much like opening a cage for a bird that has lived its entire life in a cage it will only feel fear and insecurity without a bit of metal for 'protection'.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I really wouldn't bother, they will never understand what it is to live in a country that really is free. Much like opening a cage for a bird that has lived its entire life in a cage it will only feel fear and insecurity without a bit of metal for 'protection'.

Given that millions of camera thing that y'all have going on over there, I'm sure you're NOT talking about Merrye Olde as a free country.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

When did a camera kill or threat anyone?

I have seen many cams have saved civilian lives even from police. If you want, I can google and refresh your mind. We where talking about guns, not cams in this tread.

When did a camera kill or threat anyone?

I have seen many cams have saved civilian lives even from police.

How well did they do that the other day, pray tell?

If you want, I can google and refresh your mind. We where talking about guns, not cams in this tread.

Yup, we were - what's the next salvo in your 'blame the tool and not the user' tirade?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You are way out of reality. A car bomb in Oslo, and then killings at a youth summer camp, at an island an hour drive + boat to an Island? How do you prevent against anything like that?

I would like to hear your answer!

Fine ban them then, what the **** do we care.

You live in Europe, you can live under whatever restrictive Euro laws you want to impose on yourselves and we'll stay over here and accept the cowboy gun culture that we have and the risks that come with the trust that the founding fathers had in its citizens to make it a RIGHT to own firearms.

There's a reason millions of people fled Europe to come here, for the extra freedom that indeed does come with increased risk.

How about we trade Americans that want a European way of life (3rd+ generation Americans who have forgotten the reason their relatives before them came to America) for Europeans that want the American way of life (I know some Europeans that would very much like to stay here).
The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

Given that millions of camera thing that y'all have going on over there, I'm sure you're NOT talking about Merrye Olde as a free country.

No you are quite right I am not. But Norway is far closer to true freedom than the UK or the USA.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Fine ban them then, what the **** do we care.

You live in Europe, you can live under whatever restrictive Euro laws you want to impose on yourselves and we'll stay over here and accept the cowboy gun culture that we have and the risks that come with the trust that the founding fathers had in its citizens to make it a RIGHT to own firearms.

There's a reason millions of people fled Europe to come here, for the extra freedom that indeed does come with increased risk.

How about we trade Americans that want a European way of life (3rd+ generation Americans who have forgotten the reason their relatives before them came to America) for Europeans that want the American way of life (I know some Europeans that would very much like to stay here).

You're welcome to them.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

We might not want to trade them back, we just send the package of those who want to escape our life.

Im out of here. I know you guys will not understand, but as long I feel the freedom of life here I live, I do not need anything else. I guess it is same the other way around.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer!
Sun-tzu. Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC).

You are way out of reality. A car bomb in Oslo, and then killings at a youth summer camp, at an island an hour drive + boat to an Island? How do you prevent against anything like that?

How did your 'freedom from guns' prevent it?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yes, this incident has shown me the true benefits of living in a "free" society. Congratulations on your accomplishments.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Banning guns worked?

Right?

How about if some one at the camp had a loaded weapon ?

Could that have minimized the numbers?

I dont know where your reality is but, I dont want to be there
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Banning guns worked?

Right?

How about if some one at the camp had a loaded weapon ?

Could that have minimized the numbers?

I dont know where your reality is but, I dont want to be there

They probably should have charged him an extra dollar per bullet. He might have run out of ammo sooner.