regulator

Cop threatens to execute driver over concealed weapon permit

I understand the more resources you have ($$ for attorney) the easier it is to pressure the department to take meaningful action against the officer. Usually people don't have the resources to do that. I am curios to know exactly what kind of civil claim would result.

I do not know for sure but if you really want me to I can ask Todd (attorney) what kind of civil claim he would pursue. You would have to have the money to move forward but it may be less than you think.

Yes, I'd be interested in what sort of civil claim you would pursue and what sort of recovery you would hope to have. I assume? that you would sue the city as well as the officer personally? How much money would you have to have to move forward on something like this? I would guess $5000-$10000 in cash just for retainers.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I understand the more resources you have ($$ for attorney) the easier it is to pressure the department to take meaningful action against the officer. Usually people don't have the resources to do that. I am curios to know exactly what kind of civil claim would result.

I do not know for sure but if you really want me to I can ask Todd (attorney) what kind of civil claim he would pursue. You would have to have the money to move forward but it may be less than you think.

Yes, I'd be interested in what sort of civil claim you would pursue and what sort of recovery you would hope to have. I assume? that you would sue the city as well as the officer personally? How much money would you have to have to move forward on something like this? I would guess $5000-$10000 in cash just for retainers.

I keep an attorney on retainer but I will ask him next time we talk which should not be too long from now.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

To protect and serve .... I guess they forgot to tell the police that they are suppose to be serving and protecting the public not themselves.[:/]

Never allow the police to unionize ... wait to late. [:/]

What sh*t is that. :S

As long as per your constitution even the insane are entitled to bear weapons - how and what do policemen have to *protect and serve*??

I'd say: At first action, their own lifes. W/o that, it's quite hard to *serve*.

You guys really are weird. Giving every idiot a nearly free access to arms and complaining ....

Disarm your citizens and let police officers do their job.

:P:|

The cops are just jealous 'cuz our guns are better than theirs.

Ooops. Who's *our*, who's *theirs* ?

OK. Who cares ....:)

;)

Seriously: The cops' voice clearly showed anger, a lot of anger .... anger, b/c a simple guy in the street had the balls to tell him, that he carried a weapon .... And that dude was very patient :S and relaxed.

And the officer was very scared .....:o
;)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

[reply
This also would have been a non-issue if the guy hadn't been trolling for hookers

What evidence do you have that " the guy...trolling for hookers?"

Do you have any??

Do you Mr Quade have any credible evidence that "the guy",William, was trolling for hookers?

But yet you believe that he , William , was "trolling for hookers".

Ya' know what Quade..,
I'm going to send you a copy of The BiBle absolutely free if you'll just pay shipping and handling.
If you act now I'll double the savings !!!
The Bible makes a great gift for those of your ilk who require no evidence before they declare an absolute.
If you call in the next 10 minutes I'll even throw in a copy of the Constitution ,that insignificant piece of pissed on parchment
that is proof positive that in the past Papa had a pair!!!

Normal shipping charges will apply.

Do you Mr Quade have any credible evidence that "the guy",William, was trolling for hookers?

Well . . . let's see . . . the pimp and the hooker?

So what?
It's a pimp and hooker and William is talking to them.

Maybe William knows them, is freinds with them. Maybe Williams sister was best freinds with this(hooker) and Will just saw her on the road and wanted to say Hi.

It could be that Will and the black guy (pimp) are friends from High School and just relivin' Glory Days".

What evidence do you have William was engaged in crminal activity?
Do you have any ???

Mr Quade, do you not have any friends who are hookers or pimps? How about drug users or dealers?

Any that ever littered or tore the tag from their new pillow?

So what?

Maybe William knows them, is freinds with them. Maybe Williams sister was best freinds with this(hooker) and Will just saw her on the road and wanted to say Hi.

It could be that Will and the black guy (pimp) are friends from High School and just relivin' Glory Days".

Wow, that theory stretches further than a Stretch Armstrong and his arms stretch into next week!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The pimp was also in the backseat of his car (collecting payment?). The driver was obviously up to no good and is now on some sort of *high* from all the gun owners backing him up. Dude's an idiot and should push for the charges against him to be dropped and leave it at that.

The pimp was also in the backseat of his car (collecting payment?). The driver was obviously up to no good and is now on some sort of *high* from all the gun owners backing him up. Dude's an idiot and should push for the charges against him to be dropped and leave it at that.

I would not be so quick to say that. This has nothing to do with the fact that I love my rights to carry..... the cop was out of line case closed on that but the hooker situation is different..... innocent until proven guilty. Do they have actual proof payment was being made? I guess not bc the cop told them to get lost. Without actual proof nothing is obvious in a court of law.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

Personally I think there is a great responsibility when having a concealed weapon permit, but this cops attitude was most likely directly proportionate to him being born with a 2 inch penis.

I'm going back with my original post regarding what I think about the cops attitude...and quade...where DO you buy those rose colored glasses at?

Personally I think there is a great responsibility when having a concealed weapon permit, but this cops attitude was most likely directly proportionate to him being born with a 2 inch penis.

I'm going back with my original post regarding what I think about the cops attitude...and quade...where DO you buy those rose colored glasses at?

He got them at Target.... real nice... on sale :D

I would not be so quick to say that. This has nothing to do with the fact that I love my rights to carry..... the cop was out of line case closed on that but the hooker situation is different..... innocent until proven guilty. Do they have actual proof payment was being made? I guess not bc the cop told them to get lost. Without actual proof nothing is obvious in a court of law.

You're right, the hooker situation is different. But some assume that condining the driver is supporting the cop. That is not the case. The cop was way out of line - case closed.

"innocent until proven guilty" - that's true. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion and state the obvious. Dude was up to no good. I doubt he was asking for directions, unless asking directions involves having a pimp sit in your backseat and a hooker leaning in your passenger window.

Yes, yes, he is still innocent until proven guilty, but that doesn't mean he wasn't pickin' up hoes.

You're right, the hooker situation is different. But some assume that condining the driver is supporting the cop. That is not the case. The cop was way out of line - case closed.

"innocent until proven guilty" - that's true. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion and state the obvious. Dude was up to no good. I doubt he was asking for directions, unless asking directions involves having a pimp sit in your backseat and a hooker leaning in your passenger window.

Yes, yes, he is still innocent until proven guilty, but that doesn't mean he wasn't pickin' up hoes.

I do not think you are condoning the cops behavior and I will agree there is a good chance ol' boy was trying to get him self some hooker love. I thought it was funny the cop told the pimp and hoe to beat it.

So what?

Wow, that theory stretches further than a Stretch Armstrong and his arms stretch into next week!

Spoken like a true cop. Everybody is guilty until proven innocent.

...and they wonder why they get so little respect. It's a wonder to me that they get any at all.

The cop in question is a prime example. I don't know how anyone could defend his actions....yet they do.

And Quade:

Spoken like...well...Quade.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

A few friends had asked me about this incident-then saw the posts here and finally watched the whole video myself.
Replies to no one in particular.

And yes my perspective is from one who worked patrol for quite a few years even if I work from a desk now. And yup, I had complaints from the public also-handled at watch commander level. That's why you roll tape!

First off-bad bad tactics!
When the cop yells about a fucking idiot-he should be addressing himself-if the driver was a bad guy-with or without a permit and with a gun or hell even a knife-he would of been dead in that back seat no doubt about it and maybe his partner too. Secure the scene first.

Next-yes pretty obvious from the comments made about the location that it's a known not good area and time of night-they are up to no good.
next part of that-shitty tactics for getting a solid bust for the prostitution-think like a defense lawyer to shut down those arguments of "I knew her from driving a cab" or like above comments "maybe Williams sister was best friends with the hooker". Seperate the parties and get statements from all on what when where who why. Then you have the prostitution bust on pimp john and hooker.

Pretty obvious also the cop doesn't like the idea of CCW from his statements. (personally I think CCW can be a very good thing) But yes this CCW holder is an idiot out trolling for hookers-so do your job to get a solid bust for that and (if their laws cover that) then it's revoked.

Yes he does make threats-and with his statements about "executing " the guy-now if he does shoot the next CCW holder he contacts-even if it was with good cause and in real self defense-he's opened himself up to civil and criminal charges when they go back to this video. Idiot!

Why let the other two go? Wait till they're run-verify name and dob, they got warrants? Never saw the prostitute close enough-but is she actually under 18? Big added charges would be there for pimp and john.

And I wouldn't want to work with this guy unless this is a one time just having a real bad day-I've had calls before that I had code 4, then a hothead showed up and wound everybody back up-real pia! And these guys make everybody elses jobs that much more difficult.

OK, off soapbox lol.

Disarm your citizens and let police officers do their job.

Hitler disarmed everyone and look where that led.

Short, pithy, sounds good. However, it's simply not true, because he certainly didn't disarm everyone.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1791/did-hitler-ban-gun-ownership
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Did you miss the part about "citizens"?

Not at all. In fact, it's the part I disagree with the most because clearly anyone would easily recognize the police and military were armed.

Hitler didn't disarm the citizens in general, only a small segment, the Jews. Not that it mattered much. The Jews were pretty heavily outnumbered and the plan to exterminate them really didn't hinge on them being unarmed.

This is one of the reasons I find it hilarious that some people think they could resist using their own weapons agains the state if the state decided to repeat that bit of history or if, like the Tea Party sometimes suggests, make use of "2nd Amendment remedies."

It's just ridiculous.

I guess you could ask the folks that have tried to put up a resistance like that in our recent past, but they're all dead.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I guess you could ask the folks that have tried to put up a resistance like that in our recent past, but they're all dead.

Like the VC?

It was very easy for the Germans to treat the Jews like dogs, to beat or even shoot them on a whim when they had no means of resistance. A soldier or cop with no fear of retribution becomes less inhibited.

Why do you think the Black Panthers armed themselves?