catfishhunter

Civics test

Searched but didn't find this posted so if it is a repost oops.
I scored a 81.82. Read a couple questions 2 or 3 times before answer I miss read a couple.

Full Civic Literacy Exam (from our 2008 survey)
Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams
Of the 2,508 People surveyed, 164 say they have held an elected government office at least once in their life. Their average score on the civic literacy test is 44%, compared to 49% for those who have not held an elected office. Officeholders are less likely than other respondents to correctly answer 29 of the 33 test questions. This table shows   each question: the difference between the percentage of common citizens who answered correctly and the percentage of officeholders who answered correctly.
This test is not an easy one. The website reports

That college professors average about 55%. I find

That interesting, to say the least! Good luck!!!

Intercollegiate Studies Institute - Educating for Libertyhttp://www.isi.org/quiz.aspx?q=FE5C3B47-9675-41E0-9CF3-072BB31E2692

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

After reading more info on the web site, I've come to the conclusion the test is probably designed intentionally easy in attempt to make the taker feel good about himself and bad about the supposed stupidity of politicians.

Read more on the web site and see if that doesn't fit.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Searched but didn't find this posted so if it is a repost oops.
I scored a 81.82. Read a couple questions 2 or 3 times before answer I miss read a couple.

I got You answered 31 out of 33 correctly ¿ 93.94 % because my mouse misfired and highlighted the wrong box

Question: Under Our Constitution, some powers belong exclusively to the federal government. What is one power of the federal government?
Your Answer: Establish standards for doctors and lawyers
Correct Answer: Make treaties

Obviously doctors and lawyers are licensed by the several states because that limits competition and keeps wages up, and the constitution forbids the states from making treaties.

I did that well because I answered what I thought they wanted instead of answering honestly on questions like this:

Free enterprise or capitalism exists insofar as:

experts managing the nation¿s commerce are appointed by elected officials
individual citizens create, exchange, and control goods and resources
charity, philanthropy, and volunteering decrease
demand and supply are decided through majority vote
government implements policies that favor businesses over consumers

where the correct answer is "government implements policies that favor businesses over consumers."

For example health insurers are exempt from the anti-trust legislation so they can do things like divide up rural territories. Without competition they can jack up rates. Businesses benefit and consumers suffer.

Where other countries tax their citizens to pay for health care directly we tax our citizens to pay for-profit companies to pay for-profit companies for health care with the net effect being spending as much per capita to cover 25% of our population as other countries do everyone. The private companies in the middle benefit. The consumers (tax payers) still need to pony up for their own insurance.

You answered 33 out of 33 correctly — 100.00 %

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email [email protected].

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

Surprised at how little some people know of their own government. Particularly, elected officials.
I could never get elected with a score of 100%.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

31/33 correct.

though I would argue that much of that test concerns HISTORY as opposed to CIVICS. You can study the American system of government without knowing what the subject of the Lincoln/Douglas debate was. Not saying you necessarily *should*, but you can.

Good thing I know my history.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I refuse to make my stupidity public knowledge.
I can't claim ignorance because I'm sure that I have read or been taught all that info at one time or another in my life.

:D:P:D

Oh...wait....internet...

I scored 33/33!

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

32/33

Yup... what was so hard about that.... and I dont really agree with the one I missed...

Was it the Puritan question?

I took this a few months ago on a rainy day as it passed along the emails of one particular circle I keep.

I missed one; it was the Puritan question.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

72.73 % Not as good as you but i beat the collage Educators ...;)

You must hang out at the arts and crafts department at Ben Franklin's

I have long stated that only those who EARN their citizenship by taking the same test immigrants who are seeking citizenship are forced to take should be allowed to participate in the political process.

Turn on those hate spigots now boys...:D:D:D

In today’s reality.. the dumb as dirt and proud of it need elevation.. to get their privileges.