kasch

religious ponderings

if people are children of god and servants of god. then everyone is a child servant of god. what kind of god uses child labor? my deep thought for the day

no this isn't a serious religious discussion, i just thought i had an amusing thought and havent posted in ages.

edit: no sooner did i post that then google starts giving me religious banners. *eyeroll*
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

God created everything. He/She/It created the Earth, the Moon, the Sun, Stink Bugs, and Great Danes. But at some point in the past(longer than the human mind can comprehend) God had "To Become". So the real question is who/what created God?
It's time for my nightly ritual: Pleasure myself, weep, and repeat.

So the real question is who/what created God?

I did, end of stupid discussion:|

Can I have an autograph or at the very least a free t shirt that says " I met the person who created God and all I got was a t-shirt and eternal damnation"?
It's time for my nightly ritual: Pleasure myself, weep, and repeat.

Bad form to edit an OP before the first reply ;)

Worse, to bring up the "R" word on this fun, frivolous, people will give you shit, just because they can forum. :D:D:D:D

It will be interesting to see where this leads. :)

Straight to the S.C. I dare you to keep this from there, Skirt the issue, dance around the heavy issues, call a few people names, almost make a PA, but don't.

I bet it can't be done. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

if people are children of god and servants of god. then everyone is a child servant of god. what kind of god uses child labor? my deep thought for the day

no this isn't a serious religious discussion, i just thought i had an amusing thought and havent posted in ages.

edit: no sooner did i post that then google starts giving me religious banners. *eyeroll*

Well I've never thought about it that way but it makes sense. In the beginning, there was a big book with your name in it outside that huge gate with it's foundations build solidly on...clouds. With 7Bn people on earth now, that means there must be at least 14+Bn people who have died/will die within the next 100 years. All good, but...

That book can't have that many pages, and even the new Excel 2010 only goes to 1,048,576 Rows. That means 1MM rows times 14000 sheets in his "the big book_workbook1.xls". Even God's RAM would struggle with such a workbook. So, what's the next best thing?

Split it up, and let slave-children manage your "big book of all names database".

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

I never even considered storage space before. That raises so many new questions.

Thanks for giving me something to think about at work today :)
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

So the real question is who/what created God?

I did, end of stupid discussion:|

And before anyone asks, I created Squeak. That is where it all began because I just showed up one day into nothingness from nothingness.

You can lock this thread now.

I am not in favor of religion and am an atheist

You realise that you just contradicted yourself there...

Atheism is as much a religon as Christianity or Islam...
Back a hundred years ago, especially around Woodrow Wilson, what happened in this country is we took freedom and we chopped it into pieces.
Ron Paul

I am not in favor of religion and am an atheist

You realise that you just contradicted yourself there...
Atheism is as much a religon as Christianity or Islam...

/facepalm

No. It's not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

Search all you want to anything that defines a religion and you're simply not going to find that it applies to atheism.

It's a belief. I'll grant you that. But to say any belief is a religion is overstating things quite a bit.

I believe that a good cup of coffee is a great way to begin the day, but that doesn't qualify it as a religion.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

/facepalm

No. It's not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

Search all you want to anything that defines a religion and you're simply not going to find that it applies to atheism.

It's a belief. I'll grant you that. But to say any belief is a religion is overstating things quite a bit.

I believe that a good cup of coffee is a great way to begin the day, but that doesn't qualify it as a religion.

Here is a more humorous explanation of you stance...

Is atheism a religion?
Posted on 11 April, 2011 by A. Dave

No.

The moment somebody says anything along the lines of “well, atheism is kind of like a religion anyway. So in a way, your beliefs are based just as much on faith as mine,” I will drop out of a debate. That person is too ridiculous to continue speaking to. I will let them think they have won the debate; that’s fine with me. Instead of ranting and raving, however, I’m just going to have some fun this time with our favorite game of “If atheism is a religion…”

If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.
If atheism is a religion, then not collecting stamps is a hobby.
If atheism is a religion, then “off” is a TV channel.
If atheism is a religion, then health is a disease.
If atheism is a religion, then unemployment is a job.
If atheism is a religion, then “nowhere” is a place.
If atheism is a religion, then silence is a volume.
If atheism is a religion, then not playing tennis is a sport.

If atheists are correct, then they are aware of everything that can be known…

You will find all sorts of explanations across the internet, not all of them can be correct, and all of them are opinions of human beings. I lost interest in looking as most to the contrary were Christian nut cases… it is definitely a debateable subject.

At the end of the day, to claim one is an atheist, one has to determine that ALL other religions are incorrect, and that there is nothing more to life than coincidence.

It is easy to jump to that conclusion, explaining it is not so easy.

It is impossible to know everything, so therefore everything we know could be rendered incorrect by one contributing attribute currently unknown to you or your comrades.

Just like the Flat Earthers in the past, or the slave owners, a simple shift in reasoning and understanding can render what was commonly known as truth as false.

I strongly dismiss the religions presented to me thus far also, but I do not claim to know everything. Therefore I am Agnostic.

Claiming to know everything is ignorance in its purest form and that is what Atheists claim.

Try explaining yourself out of that one...

How can you be sure there is not more to life than coincidence when you do not know everything, or do you believe you know everything?
Back a hundred years ago, especially around Woodrow Wilson, what happened in this country is we took freedom and we chopped it into pieces.
Ron Paul

>If atheists are correct, then they are aware of everything that can be known…

No. No atheist claims to know everything. Atheists just believe that there is no God.

>At the end of the day, to claim one is an atheist, one has to determine that ALL other
>religions are incorrect, and that there is nothing more to life than coincidence.

No. Again, no atheist has to prove anything to anyone - just as a christian is still a christian even if he does not have concrete proof that God is a white guy with a big beard.

>Claiming to know everything is ignorance in its purest form and that is what Atheists
>claim.

No, it's not.

I am sure you do not believe in a flat Earth. Yet you cannot prove by yourself to 100% certainty that the planet is round (although surely you can get good secondhand info that shows it likely is.)

If you claim that the Earth is round, does that mean you claim to have every bit of information on its geology, orbit, mass, atmospheric density etc? If you do NOT have that information, by your reasoning, don't you have to admit that the Earth might be flat?

In the beginning, there was a big book....All good, but... "the big book_workbook1.xls"....

Pffffft. It's all right there in the Hitchhikers Guide
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

No. No atheist claims to know everything.

Every Atheist claims to know everything about religion, otherwise they would not be so certain there is no Deity of 'ANY' description.

How else can you come to that conclusion?

As an agnostic I am not entirely certain about anything and don't feel the need to be.

You appear to feel the need to be certain.

I am sure you do not believe in a flat Earth. Yet you cannot prove by yourself to 100% certainty that the planet is round (although surely you can get good secondhand info that shows it likely is.)

If you claim that the Earth is round, does that mean you claim to have every bit of information on its geology, orbit, mass, atmospheric density etc? If you do NOT have that information, by your reasoning, don't you have to admit that the Earth might be flat?

I believe the earth is spherical due to the images that have been shown to me, there are also a great number of other examples to suggest the earth is a sphere, in a solar system orbiting the sun.

There are also as many unknown possibilities that can change all that.

A fish in water seems larger than it is in air. And a different shape depending on the angle…

What appears is not always tangible; a hologram is a good example of this.

What we don’t know effects what we believe we know, infinitely.

Quantum physics (along with other non mainstream subjects) will throw a spanner in the works of what most people consider 'normal thinking' or what we perceive as reality.

Only a closed minded individual will eliminate the possibility of something unknown to exist...

Atheists fall into that definition.
Ron Paul