rushmc

Finally. A country moving money in the right direction when it comes to climate change!

You have to understand I studied environmental sciences then started to dedicate myself to energy conservation and energy alternatives over a 27 year timeframe. I make biodiesel and ethanol, My feed stocks are sunflowers,jerusalem artichokes, restaurant oil and barley I don't use corn because it is too inefficient for my liking and requires tons of nitrogen comparably. I have a BATF license to brew fuel. We have a solar panel for hot water and a solar shower outside. My tractor runs on biodiesel and I am working on rigging my vehicles to run on ethanol. My girlfriend like most girlfriends wants to travel everywhere, often times that requires driving which bugs me because all I see is a world addicted to oil consumption. So much so I sold my rig and am setting my plane project aside until light aviation starts to use more electric motors or biodiesel engines.

Am I a fuckin hippie or a loon, maybe- i don't give a shit what people think anymore because I know that the bald eagle emblazoned on every patriotic emblem was saved because of environmental awareness.

eh whatever, i digress

Oil development took millions of years to cram ancient hydrocarbons into what we have today, it is really a miracle natural resource of concentrated solar energy in liquified form, but we are too dependent on it and burning it up on an insane timeline the thickness of paper compared to the evolution of the rest of the biosphere.
That will have severe consequences, The biosphere is a closed system save albedo, entropy, space junk, and cosmic rays-sunlight included, it is a complex equation and you can't expect to alter one variable tremendously and not expect some other or number of variables to be equally altered, including delta T... it has to balance out.
Oil consumption may seem as easy as drill baby drill but the collateral costs must be factored in.
Look what happened in the gulf(both).
That is contrary to Halliburton's mission as an oil and gas corporation including Exxon BP Unocal etc...I am trying to raise awareness about that so in a way you are right.
However
They are also using their drilling technology to explore geothermal, if they succeed in that I will forgive them for some prior infractions.

I appreciate the up front chat, I don't talk to conservatives anymore where I live, because we just end up getting pissed and rattle about civil war n' shit- The n stands for not so fuckin nice.

-and you are certainly no pussy, a lot of people are afraid to talk about Cheney-
However, be glad there are liberals to balance out the equation too.

peace out bruthah
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415