Coreece

Homosexuality

>No strawman......I just concur.

I know you do. And if that works for you, that's great. I guess where we differ is that I don't think everyone else is wrong just because they believe something slightly different than I do.

I'm just trying to find the people like me...that's all.

This is the process...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Doesn't the existence of a painting prove that there was a painter or could the Mona Lisa "just happen?" If you believe it could, then I am truly amazed that it "works for you." That is some serious faith.

LOL again. That was the most ludicrous argument I've ever heard. :S
__

My mighty steed

Hasn't caused me any il effects.

Ok, and I know you feel that you have no need for God as stated earlier...

Mark 2:17
And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."

So why should I or anyone believe in the Christian God or anything in the Bible?

Read it with an open mind, without bias...and when something hard comes along...presist.

You must have a desire to understand...not a desire for contention.

>Read it with an open mind . . .You must have a desire to understand...not a desire for contention.

Agreed. The kicker is - you can't stop with just one book if wisdom is your goal.

correct, I reccommend all 66 books.

39 in the Old...

27 in the New...

Doesn't the existence of a painting prove that there was a painter

Funny thing there, we actually already know that painters make paintings, and that's why we would jump to that conclusion. Interestingly, though, when we see intricate colour patterns in nature we generally don't assume they're the result of a painter's actions. In fact, we're actually extremely good at recognising what is the result of intelligent activity and what isn't.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

So why should I or anyone believe in the Christian God or anything in the Bible?

Read it with an open mind, without bias...and when something hard comes along...presist.

Since you contrast it with contention, something tells me that when you say 'understand' you actually mean 'agree'.

Which would be an interesting interpretation of 'without bias'.

Since you contrast it with contention, something tells me that when you say 'understand' you actually mean 'agree'.

No..when I say understand, I mean understand.

I don't believe there is deity out there watching to see if I am naughty or nice and making a list and checking it twice.

Whether lying is right or wrong depends on the context.

Proper lies. I mean straightforward deceitful lies. Not taking away from the wrongful nature of any lie but just cutting to the chase. You've told those sometime in your life right? Like everybody else? If so, did you know it was wrong? Did you do it anyway knowing it was wrong?

Funny thing there, we actually already know that painters make paintings, and that's why we would jump to that conclusion. Interestingly, though, when we see intricate colour patterns in nature we generally don't assume they're the result of a painter's actions. In fact, we're actually extremely good at recognising what is the result of intelligent activity and what isn't.

Like seeing a universe so perfectly attuned for life :)
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

Like seeing a universe so perfectly attuned for life :)

Ya, as if the Mona Lisa is a result of intelligence, but the circulatory system isn't...

...good stuff.:D

Ya, as if the Mona Lisa is a result of intelligence, but the circulatory system isn't...

Exactly. We know the Mona Lisa was painted because we know how paintings come to be, and we know who painted it. Likewise, we know about the blind physical processes that developed the circulatory system.

Of course, if you're not interested in understanding...