Coreece

Homosexuality

This isn't about me or what I have or haven't done. It's about this mythology that you and millions of people believe in and attempt to push on to others. You are like those snake oil salesmen of years ago peddaling your claims of grand rewards for those who believe and dire consequences for those that don't. Yet you have nothing to back up your claims.

I'm really just appealing to your conscience.

You're appealing to self-preservation.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Throught out the Bible there are slaves. So God must consider it morally right to have slaves? Right?

Not by applying proper hermaneutical interpretation. The Bible is a progressive revelation of God's plan of salvation for his people. It tells the story of God's faithfulness throughout history. It also illustrates man's successes and failures in this regard.

Well, if the two are not aligned, then nothing we can do really applies to God's morality.

Close. I'd say that there is nothing we can do to live up to God's standard of morality.

---I'm leaving to go run in the rain for a while....be back later.---

If that's true, then we are all equally doomed by our works - and deathbed conversion is probably our best bet to "get in the door."

Yes. We are all equally doomed by our works. Well said.

Added: But why would a "deathbed conversion" be better than one right now?

You're appealing to self-preservation.

I can't preserve myself. Neither can you. That's why it is prudent to consider "what's next?"

If you don't think the self continues after death then I'm not sure what it is you're worried about.

But it appears that you do believe that, you are worried about 'what happens next' and you are peddling an ethos of self preservation.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Not that you're seeking it, but citing the "answersingenisis" website destroys your credibility immediately with me. If you can't see bullshit like this for what it is you have no hope of being taken seriously. Same goes for you, jaybird(if you're still haunting this thread)
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

>But why would a "deathbed conversion" be better than one right now?

If you are equally doomed no matter what you do, and you'd rather live by your own morals - then deathbed conversions are just as effective at ensuring passage into the winning afterlife, while avoiding having to deal with the vagaries of religious morality for 99.9% of your life.

If you are equally doomed no matter what you do, and you'd rather live by your own morals - then deathbed conversions are just as effective at ensuring passage into the winning afterlife, while avoiding having to deal with the vagaries of religious morality for 99.9% of your life.

If you'd rather live by your own morals and you're depending on your morality for righteousness, then, as you said before, that is works righteousness and cannot save. Even a deathbed "conversion" based on the supposed righteousness of the individual and what he has "done" to deserve it is worthless. It is all by faith or none at all. "Nothing in my hands I bring. Simply to the cross I cling. Only Christ is righteous. Only He is worthy.

How many profiles do you have on here?

Two. I explained that a while back. Not trying to sneak around.

I thought I recognized your debate style.

I thought that was against the rules.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=jaybird18c;

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=pajarito;
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

The last post you made under your "Jaybird" profile made mention of cowards. I missed the explaination of why you have more than one profile. I just figured you didn't have the spine to own up to your posts, but that's not the case, is it?:S
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

The last post you made under your "Jaybird" profile made mention of cowards. I missed the explaination of why you have more than one profile. I just figured you didn't have the spine to own up to your posts, but that's not the case, is it?:S

I'd love to meet you someday.

For what it is worth, while I may not agree with much of what you post I have no doubt you have the balls to stand behind those posts.

The feeling is mutual then. I'm sure you're a great guy.
So, why is it you feel that one profile is not enough?

The feeling is mutual then. I'm sure you're a great guy. So, why is it you feel that one profile is not enough?

One is really enough. I joined this thing originally back in 04 (I think). Got really burned out on it and left. My original username was this one. On a whim, I decided to check this site out again several months ago. I've been using the name jaybird18c for years now in all my online identification. I didn't recall what I was before and just created a new one. If that gets me banned again...I'm cool with that. It's really not worth fighting over. Really...

The feeling is mutual then. I'm sure you're a great guy. So, why is it you feel that one profile is not enough?

One is really enough. I joined this thing originally back in 04 (I think). Got really burned out on it and left. My original username was this one. On a whim, I decided to check this site out again several months ago. I've been using the name jaybird18c for years now in all my online identification. I didn't recall what I was before and just created a new one. If that gets me banned again...I'm cool with that. It's really not worth fighting over. Really...

I for one hope you don't get banned again. I just wish that you'd stick with one or the other. If you use Jaybird 18c in all your online identification, wouldn't it make sense that you use it here too?

Absolutely. Ask Billvon to unban me.
"FREEE JAYBIRD18C! FREE JAYBIRD18C!"

You're using your old profile to get around a banning? I guess I missed that. I should probably pay more attention.