jimbrown

10 years later

Yep, removing a government that prohibits women from getting an education and condones their torture by "men" is a complete failure. How dare we stand up for human rights

So, are we invading Saudi Arabia next week?

And that has what to do with success/failure in Afghanistan?

We didn't go into Afghanistan in the name of human rights. We went there out of a matter of national security to hunt down terrorists in the name of making the world a safer place, which it has failed to do, especially for Afghans.

To claim that removing the government in the name of human rights makes the mission successful is like claiming that we went to Vietnam because "Charlie don't surf"!

The violence and discrimination against women in Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Iran have little to do with the government. It has to do with religion, tradition, sociology, and beliefs. Even installing a "democracy" won't change that because the government will simply reflect the social values of the people. Hence, how dare we claim that our definition of "human rights" is any better than anyone else's when we can't agree domestically on gay marriage, abortion, and the death penalty.

It so much easier to define for others what's right and wrong when we can drop bombs on them when we can't even work it out for ourselves, peacefully.

Very well said.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

Tell ya what, since you feel so strongly, a few friends are are gathering here Monday. Care to stop by and voice your opinions? I'm sure we'd all be interested in what you have to say.

You must feel very powerless in this discussion (presumably due to your inability to construct a compelling competing argument), because you feel the need to indulge in these retribution fantasies.

Just over 400 bikes showing love and support-no Jim Browns or kidwickeds to state your opinions. sounds like lack of conviction on your part. No fantasy sweetheart, I just know how my world works.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Tell ya what, since you feel so strongly, a few friends are are gathering here Monday. Care to stop by and voice your opinions? I'm sure we'd all be interested in what you have to say.

You must feel very powerless in this discussion (presumably due to your inability to construct a compelling competing argument), because you feel the need to indulge in these retribution fantasies.

Just over 400 bikes showing love and support-no Jim Browns or kidwickeds to state your opinions. sounds like lack of conviction on your part. No fantasy sweetheart, I just know how my world works.

I'm sure it will be very comfortable for you, since there will be no dissenting opinions that contradict how you prefer to see the world.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

So the President may have wanted a rapid withdrawal from Afghanistan due to public pressure but the Generals want to stay and are urging him to. How does democracy work again?

I was under the impression that the Generals answered to the President and the President answered to the people.

Not while the Patriot Act is still in place though, eh?

Another of your stupid theories busted.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/21/barack-obama-and-pentagon-split-on-afghanistan

Barack Obama is set to reject the advice of the Pentagon by announcing on Wednesday night the withdrawal of up to 30,000 troops from Afghanistan by November next year, in time for the US presidential election.

The move comes despite warnings from his military commanders that recent security gains are fragile. They have been urging him to keep troop numbers high until 2013.

The accelerated drawdown will dismay American and British commanders in Kabul, who have privately expressed concern that the White House is now being driven by political rather than military imperatives.

"This is not something we feel entirely comfortable with," a Whitehall official told the Guardian

A quote from Dr Henry Kissinger , "Military men are dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy".

I don't see what I would gain from attending such a gathering or casting before that group my pearls of wisdom.

Recently I visited a slaughterhouse in Amarrillo, TX.
Those cows travelled down the ramp in mass.
It seemed to me as if they, as a group, knew what was the right thing to do..,
Follow unthinkingly the one infront of you. Don't ask questions. Don't think for yourself.

Follow the herd.

I don't see much difference between the thought processes of military personelle and those cows.

Interesting fact; Marine recruters aren't looking for people who can think for themselves but rather seek out those who are most likely to follow orders unquestioningly.

They are also looking for people who are stupid enough to subscribe to racism.

Yes , that's very true.

The military wants people who are dumb enough to believe that by their race alone they are superior to the foe.

Are you that stupid?

Peace,
Jim B

Yes , that's very true.

The military wants people who are dumb enough to believe that by their race alone they are superior to the foe.

Got a cite for that, or....

Are you that stupid?

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You are welcome! :)
Did you pay your taxes this year?

Of course!
Throughout my adult life I've been very careful to pay every penny in tax I owe and to file every form I'm required , by law,to file .

How about you?
Did you file fraudulently again?

Peace,
Jim B

Yes , that's very true.

Got a cite for that, or....

Yeah Right.

The gooks, zipperheads, krouts, nips, sandniggers, towel heads.
Anything to dehumanize the enemy in the eyes of those dumb GIs is the goal of the military.
And once they are less than human the GI , as a superior being, has a moral right to bend them to his will . If they don't comply than he is morally correct in killing.

That's how it goes.
The fostering of racism is an integral part of military operations.

Peace,
Jim B

An integral part of military operations?

In that case, you have copies of manuals, orders, etc calling the enemy "gooks" or whatever, yes?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

An integral part of military operations?

In that case, you have copies of manuals, orders, etc calling the enemy "gooks" or whatever, yes?

Etc. Yes .

Peace, Jim B

Trot em out, then.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You are welcome! :)
Did you pay your taxes this year?

Of course!
Throughout my adult life I've been very careful to pay every penny in tax I owe and to file every form I'm required , by law,to file .

How about you?
Did you file fraudulently again?

Peace,
Jim B

Yup, I need people to pay attention to me; any attention. You see, if I act out, the negative response is some attention I can get from someone. . .anyone. It is better than facing the true reality that I am really insignificant and not meaningful to anyone, not even to myself.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Yup, I need people to pay attention to me; any attention. You see, if I act out, the negative response is some attention I can get from someone. . .anyone. It is better than facing the true reality that I am really insignificant and not meaningful to anyone, not even to myself.

In the formative years of a child's development they may receive warm fuzzies or cold pricklies. If they are given an abundance of cold pricklies over warm fuzzies they will learn to accept negative attention as normal.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

In the formative years of a child's development they may receive warm fuzzies or cold pricklies. If they are given an abundance of cold pricklies over warm fuzzies they will learn to accept negative attention as normal.

I always figured it was from parents just straight out ignoring them and they do anything for attention. Pretty sad.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I always figured it was from parents just straight out ignoring them and they do anything for attention. Pretty sad.

Yeah, that too.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Ad hominem. You're the sad one.

Ummm. . .Duh? You really think this thread is worthy of some debate rules? There's no win with a twerpy response to a rule-break.

It's been 10 years plus since we sent you over there and still
the "greatest military in the world" hasn't been able to deliver a decisive victory in Afghanistan.

Your mom should have hired you a math tutor.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Ummm. . .Duh? You really think this thread is worthy of some debate rules? There's no win with a twerpy response to a rule-break.

How convenient for you! What a surprise.

How inconvenient to you that you would wrongly call out a fallacy. . .

It's not ad-hominem. I was never trying to refute any of his arguments in this thread. It's about his trollish posting style.

the "greatest military in the world" hasn't been able to deliver a decisive victory in Afghanistan.

Blues,
Dave

When 10 years really does arrive maybe he'll post his 11 or 12 year thread:S

When the post was first done, I remember thinking WTF the Afganistan war started before 9/11! I had to go and check the dates (Oct 01).
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

How inconvenient to you that you would wrongly call out a fallacy. . .

It's not ad-hominem. I was never trying to refute any of his arguments in this thread. It's about his trollish posting style.

Uh huh. Would you like to try and refute any of his arguments or do you literally have nothing to contribute to this thread.

Blues,
Dave

When 10 years really does arrive maybe he'll post his 11 or 12 year thread:S

When the post was first done, I remember thinking WTF the Afganistan war started before 9/11! I had to go and check the dates (Oct 01).

Whether it's 10 years or 9, it doesn't refute his argument does it. No one in this thread has been able to do that so far.