davjohns

Quotes I like

"It is said, mostly by Libertarians, that ‘taxation is theft.’ Theft is too mild a word. Typically, a thief strikes only once, and doesn’t pretend that his robbery is legitimate. Taxation is actually slavery."
-- Rick Tompkins

Which just goes to show that even morons can get quoted.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hmmm favorites????

Hey, come on now. If you kick out the gooks, the next thing, you have to kick out the chinks, the spicks, the spooks and kikes. All that's gonna be left in here are a couple of brain-dead rednecks, and what fun would that be? --- Adrian Cronauer

You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history --- Adrian Cronauer

Was that from Good Morning Vietnam?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history --- Adrian Cronauer

Yes, that's from the movie. The real Adrian Cronauer may not have ever said that - then again, he may, but I don't think you'l find any proof on-line.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Hmmm favorites????

Hey, come on now. If you kick out the gooks, the next thing, you have to kick out the chinks, the spicks, the spooks and kikes. All that's gonna be left in here are a couple of brain-dead rednecks, and what fun would that be? --- Adrian Cronauer

Yup.. and MAN oh MAN.. does it apply around this place:ph34r::ph34r:

>"Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of his reason."

So being a Christian is un-reasonable. Interesting.

Well I certainly think it is. The interesting thing here is that so, apparently did the great Protestant himself. Not quite sure what process led him to re-think (re-unquestioningly-believe?) the doctrine of Rome.

taking a dump. Seriously. Luther had his revelation when he experienced relief from constipation.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

You doing community service?;):)

You doing community service?;):)

Nope...Overwhelming evidence shows that those needing it the most would be more in need of the talents of James Dale Guckert.:ph34r::ph34r:

"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo, by way of Walt Kelly

"We are the peoplw our parents warned us about." Not sure who said it. Sound a bit like Abbie Hoffman?
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

We visited the Dali Museum on 1 Jun 11. I was amused by the following:

Rational thought will not lead you to truth. ~Salvador Dali

Why did that amuse you, Ron?

Something that amuses me is the fact that all the supposed"rational thinkers " are blown out of the water by quantum physics.
Salvador Dali may be correct.
I believe he is.
All Truth is within.

Peace,
Jim B.

Something that amuses me is the fact that all the supposed"rational thinkers " are blown out of the water by quantum physics.
I believe he is.
All Truth is within.

Peace,
Jim B.

You seem to get it. Many here do not. It is very difficult to overcome formidable training.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I believe he is.
All Truth is within the stomach.

Peace,
Jim B.

You seem to get it. Many here do not. It is very difficult to overcome formidable training.

Colbert agrees with you!

Don

Colbert agrees with you!

Don

And God gave some to be doctors, lawyers and engineers and He gave some to be artists.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” ~ Marcus Aurelius

Or in other words:

"Be excellent to each other."
- Ted "Theodore" Logan and Bill S. Preston, Esq.