BrokenR1

Addicts putting pharmacies under siege

DOPERS no matter who they are and no matter their drug of choice SUCK ASS ... they can use all the excuses they want, it boils down to a weak mind

"Dopers" are weak minded, eh? Hate to burst your bubble, but some of the greatest minds/inventors were inspired by drugs.

For example, Kary Mullis lends credit to the mind expanding drug LSD for helping inspire him to pioneer polymerase chain reaction, a technique used for the amplification of DNA (allowing for crime scene DNA comparison, myriads of disease cures and treatments, etc....)

Richard Feynman, an overall intellect, habitually smoked pot. During his career, he revolutionized modern day physics, helped design the atomic bomb, exposed flaws of the space shuttle Challenger disaster, and wrote his theory of quantum electrodynamics, which went on to win a Nobel Prize.

Sigmund Freud, one of the greatest minds of the 20th century and father of psychoanalysis, was a cocaine user.

The list goes on... and that's just in the realm of scientific advancements. The amount of "dopers" who contributed to some of the World's greatest works of art, literate, and entertainment would boggle your tiny mind.

As much as you want to deny it, drugs have inspired some of the greatest minds of our time, which in turn have produced works of art, literature, and pushed the envelope of scientific advancement, making your life a much better place.

The list goes on... and that's just in the realm of scientific advancements. The amount of "dopers" who contributed to some of the World's greatest works of art, literate, and entertainment would boggle your tiny mind.

As much as you want to deny it, drugs have inspired some of the greatest minds of our time, which in turn have produced works of art, literature, and pushed the envelope of scientific advancement, making your life a much better place.

And, considering that alcohol is a drug, I suppose you could add quite a few highly-accomplished people to the list of "dopers." Simply using drugs doesn't mean someone is a bad or weak person. It's when we keep using despite causing harm to ourselves and/or others (particularly others) that drug use becomes a problem.

Sigmund Freud, one of the greatest minds of the 20th century and father of psychoanalysis, was a cocaine user.

Looks like he put it to good use, too - "Woe to you, my Princess, when I come... you shall see who is the stronger, a gentle girl who doesn't eat enough or a big wild man who has cocaine in his body. " - Sigmund Freud, letter to his fiancée, Martha Bernays (2 June 1884)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Freud and all the others probably suffered from just exactly what they were diagnosing in others. I'm sure, all that dope they used really brought things out, much clearer.
All in all, I really have to laugh at all the excuses, examples of 'great minds' and whatever else can be dreamed-up to defend dope of any kind and it's use. To me, users are just self-centered and care only about getting their next fix.

Chuck

All in all, I really have to laugh at all the excuses, examples of 'great minds' and whatever else can be dreamed-up to defend dope of any kind and it's use. To me, users are just self-centered and care only about getting their next fix

You call it dreaming, I call it scientific fact. Many drugs fall under the category of nootropics (google it), or drugs that are purported to enhance cognitive function. This has been scientifically proven. They stimulate areas of the brain that are otherwise not [as] active.

Here's the main thing that bugs me though... I don't use drugs as I get drug tested at my work. Yet, have no issue with folks using. In fact, I believe it should be a constitutional right to be able to put what you want in your body.

Yea, sure, there's a small percentage of drug users that can't handle drugs and cause problems. But that's the case with everything, from guns to cars to alcohol to fireworks to you name it.

For fuck's sake, the President elect admitted he smoked pot, did cocaine. And he smoked cigarettes until he was in office.

If you think drugs should be illegal becuase a small percentage of users cause problems, then we should just start illegalizing pretty much everything in our daily lives.

Does any of that make it right?

Chuck

There's a difference between right and legal just the same as some things are wrong but legal.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

DOPERS no matter who they are and no matter their drug of choice SUCK ASS ... they can use all the excuses they want, it boils down to a weak mind

"Dopers" are weak minded, eh? Hate to burst your bubble, but some of the greatest minds/inventors were inspired by drugs.

For example, Kary Mullis lends credit to the mind expanding drug LSD for helping inspire him to pioneer polymerase chain reaction, a technique used for the amplification of DNA (allowing for crime scene DNA comparison, myriads of disease cures and treatments, etc....)

Richard Feynman, an overall intellect, habitually smoked pot. During his career, he revolutionized modern day physics, helped design the atomic bomb, exposed flaws of the space shuttle Challenger disaster, and wrote his theory of quantum electrodynamics, which went on to win a Nobel Prize.

Hey .. go for it.. swallow as much enlightenment you can stand.. the point remains.. for every one of your geniuses with moments of brilliance.. you have many thousands of dead dopers from OD's.. alcoholics with destroyed or devastated families.. lung cancer ridden smokers... and the list goes on and on.

Millions of lives destroyed.. yup thats the ticket. Legalize all of it.. but tax the crap out of it to fund the rehab programs and the vegatable care facilities of the collateral damage.

Millions of lives destroyed.. yup thats the ticket. Legalize all of it.. but tax the crap out of it to fund the rehab programs and the vegatable care facilities of the collateral damage.

It's still cheaper than the prison system and the enforcement systems that we have in place today - so mock it if you want to - but can you really say that the 'war on drugs' is working? Should we realistically continue to fund programs that do not work?

Or do we try something different? Portugal already did. The results look promising.

What I am saying is making it 'illegal' has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on the usage of stuff. It's like making teenage sex illegal - they are going to do it anyway.

It's still cheaper than the prison system and the enforcement systems that we have in place today - so mock it if you want to - but can you really say that the 'war on drugs' is working? Should we realistically continue to fund programs that do not work?

Or do we try something different? Portugal already did. The results look promising.

What I am saying is making it 'illegal' has NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on the usage of stuff. It's like making teenage sex illegal - they are going to do it anyway.

Hey.. I mean it.. legalize it.. get rid of the WoD and take the profits away from the gansta's

Tax it and fund the needed resources for all the long term health issues.. oh and free cremations for all the idiots who die from drugs as a thank you for removing themselves from the gene pool... Bonus if they do it before reproducing

I am good with weeding out the

Hey.. I mean it.. legalize it.. get rid of the WoD and take the profits away from the gansta's

Tax it and fund the needed resources for all the long term health issues.. oh and free cremations for all the idiots who die from drugs as a thank you for removing themselves from the gene pool... Bonus if they do it before reproducing

This could create so many jobs! Emergency room doctors and nurses, more cops to arrest those for DUI and other offenses. More re-hab centers and more grave diggers for those who over-dose and counselors for those who have been victims of drug users... the list goes on. Not to mention the businesses to process the coca, weed, meth, crack and etc. After all... it's all about the money!

Chuck

This could create so many jobs! Emergency room doctors and nurses, more cops to arrest those for DUI and other offenses. More re-hab centers and more grave diggers for those who over-dose and counselors for those who have been victims of drug users... the list goes on. Not to mention the businesses to process the coca, weed, meth, crack and etc. After all... it's all about the money!

You guys make me chuckle.... According to the CDC, tobacco use is responsible for more than 430,000 deaths each year, or 1 in 5 deaths.

Yet, I don't hear you guys saying a damn thing about how cigarettes should be illegal or how the $73 billion in medical expenditures and another $50 billion in indirect costs burden us.

FYI....

CAUSES OF DEATH /// TOTAL /// % COMPARED TO SMOKING

Alcohol-induced deaths 19,086 04.4%
Assault (homicide) 16,831 03.9%
Drug-induced deaths 18,443 04.3%
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) disease 14,681 03.4%
Injury by firearms 28,839 06.7%
Motor Vehicle Accidents 46,378 10.8%

TOTAL OF ALL ABOVE 144,258 33.5%

Before you moan about how other drugs will be a financial burden, yada yada, try doing some research to compare them to what is already legal. Your blind arguments are starting to sound like Bill O'Reilly argue about religion....

Chuck

Those pale in comparison to the costs of enforcement of drug laws (officers and equipment), costs of trials, and if found guilty, incarceration costs. These are just the hard costs, some of the additional soft costs are if the person had a normal taxpaying job.

Do you know whose lobbyists are most against against drug law reform? Those that represent the Corrections Industry.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

You guys make me chuckle.... According to the CDC, tobacco use is responsible for more than 430,000 deaths each year, or 1 in 5 deaths.

Yet, I don't hear you guys saying a damn thing about how cigarettes should be illegal or how the $73 billion in medical expenditures and another $50 billion in indirect costs burden us.

FYI....

Before you moan about how other drugs will be a financial burden, yada yada, try doing some research to compare them to what is already legal. Your blind arguments are starting to sound like Bill O'Reilly argue about religion....

You missed my point!
I was just pointing-out the financial benefits and jobs that could be created.
By the way... I have no use for Bill O'Reilly, FOX, CNBC, CNN or any of that other mis-leading, biased, opinionated crap. Don't be so touchy.

Chuck

FYI....

You missed my point!
By the way... I have no use for Bill O'Reilly, FOX, CNBC, CNN or any of that other mis-leading, biased, opinionated crap. Don't be so touchy.

Chuck

DITTO:ph34r::ph34r:

If people want to kill themselves.. they should have that right... As I said before... if people wanna be dopers.. wherether their choice of drug is ciggies.. alcohol.. or fucking heroin.. get it on.... FREEDOM.... this is America after all.. and if stupid people wish to kill themselves with any drug... they should have that right es[pecoially if they have paid their taxes on said drugs when they purchase it.

>Emergency room doctors and nurses, more cops to arrest those for DUI
>and other offenses.

True - but also fewer cops shot by drug addicts,

crime kingpins and meth lab guards.

I think that even if all drugs were legal there would still be crime. Perhaps less, but it would still exist. Unless you are proposing the tax payers providing free drugs for addicts. Once the govt. gets their hooks into it and start taxing it, and you add the cost of production and distribution, the price will be quite high just as it is with cigarettes and alchohol. Pharmacies or drug distribution centers would have to take the same precautions you find in ghetto liquor stores.

We are already paying for rehab services, hospital services, counseling services, etc. for people who are using drugs. Based on studies of places that have liberalized drug laws there will be very little actual increase in use of those services. Certainly cheaper than continuing to finance the prison-industrial complex. And more compatible with freedom.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

>and other offenses.

True - but also fewer cops shot by drug addicts, crime kingpins and meth lab guards.

Even when the dopers go wacko and start shooting up the place? Let's face it, not all dopers are just good folks recreationally using.

Chuck

Chuck

Those pale in comparison to the costs of enforcement of drug laws (officers and equipment), costs of trials, and if found guilty, incarceration costs. These are just the hard costs, some of the additional soft costs are if the person had a normal taxpaying job.

Do you know whose lobbyists are most against against drug law reform? Those that represent the Corrections Industry.

Couldn't the local, state and federal taxes on all those drugs help fray the costs?
I can understand that. Prisons have become big business.

Chuck

FYI....

You missed my point!

Chuck

DITTO:ph34r::ph34r:

If people want to kill themselves.. they should have that right... As I said before... if people wanna be dopers.. wherether their choice of drug is ciggies.. alcohol.. or fucking heroin.. get it on.... FREEDOM.... this is America after all.. and if stupid people wish to kill themselves with any drug... they should have that right es[pecoially if they have paid their taxes on said drugs when they purchase it.

There ya' go! I just don't care to be around anyone on crack, heroin, meth or booze! Like you say, we have our freedoms and we have alcohol and cigarettes why not dope. Let 'em wipe themselves out and problem solved!

Chuck

>and other offenses.

True - but also fewer cops shot by drug addicts, crime kingpins and meth lab guards.

Even when the dopers go wacko and start shooting up the place? Let's face it, not all dopers are just good folks recreationally using.

Chuck

Hell drunks do that kind of shit daily... as I said before.... different dopers... different drugs.

>and other offenses.

Chuck

Hell drunks do that kind of shit daily... as I said before.... different dopers... different drugs.

You got that right!! Back during my drinking days, I did some pretty stupid stuff that I regret to this day. After too long, I woke-up and cleaned-up my act. Too little... too late. Things are good now but it doesn't stop the regret. Bottom line... I had that freedom to choose that route. I guess,everyone else has that freedom, too but folks need to be held accountable for their actions.

Chuck