dmcoco84

Losing the Jews: Obama dumped by big Dem donor

Like I said... he will lose at least 10%, and Florida.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/05/obama_dumped_by_big_dem_donor.html

Haim Saban, a billionaire Israeli-American donor to the Democrats has announced he won't be donating to President Obama's re-election effort. Michelle Caruso-Cabrera of CNBC reports:

The most prominent Israeli-American business leader in the United States, Haim Saban, says President Obama needs to do more to show his support of Israel in light of the President's comments last week suggesting Israel needs to return to its pre-1967 borders to achieve peace with the Palestinians.

Sometimes it's more important to try to do the right thing than try to get re-elected.

Obama said the right thing and if he pays the price for it I'm sure he'll be able to live with it, but do you honestly think that is what would lose him the election?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Sometimes it's more important to try to do the right thing than try to get re-elected.

Obama said the right thing and if he pays the price for it I'm sure he'll be able to live with it, but do you honestly think that is what would lose him the election?

well, we have to see if he actually sticks by it. He's shown a history of talking, and then withdrawing. Thursday's speech had a lot of room to back out, anyway.

As for the election, it doesn't take much to lose in our current environment where the losing side gets at least 47%. Gore lost 2000 by so many small ways. Just one of them going the other way and he wins.

You, TKHayes and Jane Fonda have a lot in common?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You, TKHayes and Jane Fonda have a lot in common?

Repeat 100 times: "Joe McCarthy is not a role model."
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

do you honestly think that is what would lose him the election?

It conceivably (and realistically) has some potential. The last 3 presidential elections were close ones, decided largely by swing-voters. The next one stands a good chance of repeating that pattern. Jewish voters are an important sub-group of swing-voters in several states which, in turn, are important swing-states in presidential elections: Florida, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan.

What he looses there he might gain with the Muslim and Arab voters.

It won't be an equivalent loss/gain. Due to the US "Electoral College" method of electing presidents, presidents are not elected by the total national popular vote. Rather, they are elected by winning essentially the equivalent of 51 separate elections (each state plus Washington D.C.).** The only states in which Muslims, especially Arabs, make up seriously significant voting blocs are probably Michigan and New Jersey. They might help him win Michigan, but they probably won't make the key difference in New Jersey. Jewish voters, on the other hand, as I posted above, make up key voting blocs in more well-populated states (which carry more Electoral College votes) than do Muslim or Arab voters.

**(For example, in 2000, Al Gore won the national popular vote but George W. Bush was deemed to have won the Electoral College election, and was awarded the brass ring.)

I never understand why anybody even brings this up. The rules for winning are quite clear. It would be like someone complaining about how the winner of the World Series of Baseball is determined. A similiar argument to the Electoral College/Popular Vote debate would be as follows: Team A wins 3 games 5-2,7-4, 6-2 and Team B wins 4 games 2-1, 5-4, 6-3, 2-1. By the rules of the competition Team B wins the world series, but people who put any credence in the popular vote might argue that Team A should be the winner because the aggregate runs scored were Team A 29 and Team B 23.

Change the rules for winning before the competition - don't complain about them after losing the competition.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

**(For example, in 2000, Al Gore won the national popular vote but George W. Bush was deemed to have won the Electoral College election, and was awarded the brass ring.)

I never understand why anybody even brings this up. ... Change the rules for winning before the competition - don't complain about them after losing the competition.

Please re-read my post in its entirety, as well as Skyrad's post to which I was replying. I wasn't "complaining" about it, directly or impliedly. I dropped it as a footnote solely as an exemplar to explain the concept to Skyrad, who is not an American. I presumed that the average non-American would probably not immediately know who Rutherford Hayes or Benjamin Harrison were; although if I were lecturing to a government class - which I have done in my time - I would probably have mentioned them, too.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You are Hilarious!

Stab your closest ally in the back... Yup! He did the "right thing."

This is great too: Barack Obama’s top 10 insults against Britain
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100027838/barack-obama%E2%80%99s-top-10-insults-against-britain/

Stab your closest ally in the back...

Well not everyone’s soul is for sell , and not everyone takes the root of hypocrisy and lies just for the a sense of camaraderie they feel. Good to see a president with a backbone who does the right thing even if it will lose him some votes.

All we have been doing by BLINDLY supporting Israel all these years was prove that we are hypocrites.

No one respects a hypocrite.

I find it much more disturbing that fellow Jewish Americans tend to be more loyal to Israel or there religion then to the United States.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

A lot of people don't like to be challenged and will attack or write-off the person challenging them.

But then, after a while, most intelligent people will take a more rational view and at least consider the alternative point of view.

So this idea that a jewish person will never vote for Obama again (or give money) is predicated on the assumption of an irrational, overly-emotional response, and on that response being persistent for years.

It seems to severely underestimate the emotional and intellectual capabilities of the jewish block.
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

So this idea that a jewish person will never vote for Obama again (or give money) is predicated on the assumption of an irrational, overly-emotional response, and on that response being persistent for years.

It seems to severely underestimate the emotional and intellectual capabilities of the jewish block

Well just the thread title alone would implement such. “Losing THE Jews”

I am sure not all Jews feel the same about it, the proper way would be to say “losing some Jews” but I didn’t start the thread.

However I did suggest and I am still suggesting, that Votes don’t out weigh what is right, and that if a person an American citizen is making decisions solely on what’s good for Israel, then there not really an American citizen are they?

Either way I wouldn't take too personally if I were you I am sure dmcoco84 didn’t mean any thing by it.

You often have thread here that start with Muslims this and Christians that, very rarely do people take the time to say SOME. I think most at least I hope most of us realize NO ONE knows what everyone is thinking or will think, And gross over generalizations are usually incorrect.

(Darius - I actually wasn't replying to you, but to the thread. I forgot to edit the subject after i clicked on the last post in the thread - which was yours.)
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

Israel is not the US' closest ally, but the US is certainly Israel's closest ally. Those are not the same.

Israel's allegiance is based on who can offer them the most protection.

Exactly what does Israel provide to the US in terms of being an ally? Seriously. Nothing that I can see.

Israel needs the US far more than the US needs Israel. The relationship is woefully lopsided.

As for the borders themselves, what has given Israel the right to expand them beyond what was previously agreed to? Nothing that I can see.

Obama was right.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It seems to severely underestimate the emotional and intellectual capabilities of the jewish block.

Reading is Fundamental

Like I said... he will lose at least 10%, and Florida.

No... Has more to do with, the confirmation, of already uneasy concerns about Obama's true feelings. Including, but most definitely not limited to his friendship with Rashid Khalidii. Who he had some very kind words for in a dinner toast, that was on video, but unreleased by the "Mainstream Media" (LA Times) during the primaries.

Top 10:

6. Throwing Churchill out of the Oval Office

It is hard to think of a more derogatory message to send to the British people within days of taking office than to fling a bust of Winston Churchill out of the Oval Office and send it packing back to the British Embassy – not least as it was a loaned gift from Britain to the United States as a powerful display of solidarity in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on New York and Washington. Obviously, public diplomacy is not a concept that carries much weight in the current White House, and nor apparently is common sense.

This further shows his "Anti-Colonialist" stance... his grandfather was jailed and tortured by England (framework).

Even if Obama, just didn't want it in the Oval Office, it could have gone in a Museum. He said, no... just take it back. Very good book out there on the subject of his Anti-Colonialism.

Its also about his, Black Liberation Theology... and so much more! I don't give a crap, about a Birth Certificate! (Obama loved that distraction)

So... no. There is much, much more to it ;)