steve1

Fourteen Foot Crocodile Tries to Eat a Family!

I turned on the boob tube last night.

A family was camped on a beach in Australia. They had several tents, where Grandma and Grandpa were camped with their grown kids and grand kids.

In one of the tents was a man and wife with their baby. About two in the morning, the lady wakes up to see this huge crocodile staring at her. She screams for help, and her husband springs into action. The crocodile grabs the husband by the leg, and starts dragging him toward the water.

Then Grandma jumps on his back, and the croc grabs her by the arm.

Luckily one of the people had an automatic pistol. He ran outside and shot the croc four times in the head. This killed the beast and saved some people from a horrible death.

Aren't you glad that God created guns!:)

I think I'd have been screaming like a girl, in that situation!...

Silly humans... especially in that environment..camping next to water Crocodile Dundee would never do somethign like that. 14 footer... sheesh.. he was just a baby.

Hell, I've seen Tarzan take on bigger crocs than that with just a knife, and that was after wrestling around with a lion or two, on the same day.

But in real life, I can't imagine much of anything that would scare me more! Maybe I need to toughen up a little.[:/]

Next time I'm in crocodile country, I'm bringing my ole hog leg (of at least 45 caliber)!

A family was camped on a beach in Australia

Stupid is as stupid does:S

Crocodile attacks, hundreds of feet from the water, are rare. Correct me, if I'm wrong. So, maybe they weren't so stupid after all.

At least someone was smart enough to bring a gun....I'd let that guy go camping with me any day. Anybody who can save the day, with four well placed rounds, deserves respect....

Crocodile attacks, hundreds of feet from the water, are rare. Correct me, if I'm wrong. So, maybe they weren't so stupid after all.

At least someone was smart enough to bring a gun....I'd let that guy go camping with me any day. Anybody who can save the day, with four well placed rounds, deserves respect....

"... hundreds of feet from the water ...." says who?

Got a link?

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Hell, I've seen Tarzan take on bigger crocs than that with just a knife, and that was after wrestling around with a lion or two, on the same day.

But in real life, I can't imagine much of anything that would scare me more! Maybe I need to toughen up a little.[:/]

Next time I'm in crocodile country, I'm bringing my ole hog leg (of at least 45 caliber)!

Gator poachers down here use .22's. They don't make too much noise. :)

You didn't say hundreds of feet from the water you said 'amped on a beach' which would be bloody stupid.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

There's a lot of sand on many beaches....I never said they were right next to the water....The tide was coming in though. But even then it was a long crawl for this croc to reach the tents.

They weren't camped in the middle of the Everglades or something like that. They were experienced campers and the safety of their family was on their minds. They were camping in what they thought was a safe area.

I imagine this would be comparable to camping in bear country. If you are smart you would take precautions there too....

"... hundreds of feet from the water ...." says who?

Got a link?

Hell, I can't even remember the name of the show. It had to do with I survived this, or something like that. Maybe someone else on here saw this too.

It was my understanding that they were a long way from the water. A Wildlife official said that sometimes crocs do travel inland looking for sea turtles to eat, but that it was very uncommon for this sort of thing to happen, (particularly in the area they were camped). Not all beaches in Australia are teeming with crocodiles.

What woke the woman up was the sound of the croc crawling. It would crawl, and then thump it's body down on the sand. The thumping sound woke her.

I read another story of an ivory hunter in the old days in Africa. They were camped fairly close to a big pond. After hunting all day, they went for a swim in the pond. After washing up, a bit, they got out.

Later that night, they heard a commotion in the water. They turned on a light, and there were several sets, of large crocodile eyes, looking back at them.

It sounds like crocs are more active at night....These hunters were lucky the crocs didn't eat them when they were swimming.

There are a lot of people eaten each year by crocodiles. Usually they are right on the waters edge, when a big croc pulls them in and drowns them. The larger the crocodile or alligator, the greater the danger.

One African hunter said he used to shoot every large crocodile he saw. Those were the ones who could be man eaters....

Is everyone who hikes in Yellowstone Park stupid because of the presence of grizzlies?
Is everyone who swims in the ocean stupid because of the danger of sharks?
Is everyone who skydives out of an airplane stupid because of the possibility of death?