jimbrown

What if Jesus didn't die on the cross

No blessing that I couldn't attribute to mundane coincidence. Nothing out of the ordinary. Out of the 6 of us, parents and 4 kids, my parents are the only ones who hold onto the faith and they too question it from time to time, even with being the music ministers at their church. Education/experience to world cultures/and questions that could not be answered swayed all of our beliefs, although I was the last one to give it up. Since then I have lived a life of love, peace, forgiveness, and self-reliance and I feel better inside.

Thank you for your candid reply.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Hum...
I think jim carrey did a skit about this where Jesus was up there screaming, "My dad is really going to be pissed off at you all and when he comes down he is going to kick asses and take names later!"

No clue? What if he didn't die? Well he sounded like a cool enough dude. I hope he lived a long and peaceful life.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

During your period as a born-again, Spirit-filled Pentecostal Christian, did you ever experience an unmerited blessing so great that it could only be accounted for as from God?

Please provide me some examples of such miraculous acts that can only be attributed to God providing a blessing.

Just because something unlikely happens doesn't mean that when it happens it was caused by God. Even something with the slimmest of odds can occur at any point.

Though I'd genuinely like to hear of situations that can only happen because of God and not happen in the realms of reality.

As mentioned, there is no secular evidence for the dudes existence.

I'm not sure why people would dismiss Josephus' and Tacitus' references to Jesus as being evidence. They may not be definitive but they are evidence.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

During your period as a born-again, Spirit-filled Pentecostal Christian, did you ever experience an unmerited blessing so great that it could only be accounted for as from God?

Please provide me some examples of such miraculous acts that can only be attributed to God providing a blessing.

Just because something unlikely happens doesn't mean that when it happens it was caused by God. Even something with the slimmest of odds can occur at any point.

Though I'd genuinely like to hear of situations that can only happen because of God and not happen in the realms of reality.

Me and my salvation and deliverance.

I've explained my testimony many times here. Look it up.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

references and word of mouth may be some kind of evidence but you don't get life in prison because someone talks about you doing something or makes reference to it. hard evidence is the only evidence and as of now there is none. i am welcome to hard evidence and I truly hope they find it because the life of the man is extraordinary, if he existed.
I love BASE because cliffs don't crash
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves

references and word of mouth may be some kind of evidence but you don't get life in prison because someone talks about you doing something or makes reference to it. hard evidence is the only evidence and as of now there is none. i am welcome to hard evidence and I truly hope they find it because the life of the man is extraordinary, if he existed.

Well, it is just my opinion but I think if you applied this same standard of evidence (I am not even 100% sure what you mean by hard evidence?) that you would have a difficult time proving the existence of just about anybody from that time period.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

It's all in your head, Ron. No god involved.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

If that were only true, I could have made as much money as you make. But, no I cannot take personal credit. I can only be thankful.

If that were only true, I could have made as much money as you make. But, no I cannot take personal credit. I can only be thankful.
What planet are you on, Ron? Your post is as incoherent as your religion...:S
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

OK, follow closely, you think I saved myself and delivered myself from addictions. If that were true, then I would be very intelligent. If I were that intelligent I could have worked in a lucrative scientific field like you and earned a comparable income.

There you go, make sense now?

Umm yes you did "deliver" yourself from your addictions. You used religion as a motivation, but it was all you. It doesn't take great intelligence to do it. Just strong motivation. Many people never find strong enough motivation to deal with their addictions.

So lack of intelligence equals belief in an invisible being in the sky, which since the time of advanced recording and verification processes has never shown his face and is also anthropomorphic? I know many non-intelligent humans that have freed themselves from addiction and have not used God as an excuse to put aside their own self reliance. There have been COUNTLESS God's, Goddesses, heros, what have you throughout history and every culture has thought that theirs was the right one. The fact is our species as a whole are followers. It's much easier to put blame/ignorance/miracles (aka- mundane coincidences) on something that we cannot see. It allows for something that cannot be proven and equally cannot be unproven to exist without physically feeling/seeing/hearing and that is a VERY DANGEROUS AND SCARY SITUATION
I love BASE because cliffs don't crash
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves

OK, follow closely, you think I saved myself and delivered myself from addictions. If that were true, then I would be very intelligent. If I were that intelligent I could have worked in a lucrative scientific field like you and earned a comparable income.

No...none at all.

There is no god. You are responsible for your success or failure(why is the concept of personal responsibility lost on so many true believers?) If you have been "saved" from addiction, it is because of your own actions.

I do NOT work in a "lucrative scientific field", and I never have. Why do you feel the need to pull so much out of your ass, when the truth is so available to you?

Never fails to amaze me how normal, rational, intelligent humans all of a sudden can be convinced that there is an imaginary friend in the sky who loves them....

This is a huge local church. http://www.rivertreechristian.com/ What's the largest single button on the entire landing page?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Umm yes you did "deliver" yourself from your addictions. You used religion as a motivation, but it was all you. It doesn't take great intelligence to do it. Just strong motivation. Many people never find strong enough motivation to deal with their addictions.

That is what you want to think. At the time I did not have the motivation to quit. That is why it was deliverance.

No...none at all.

There is no god. You are responsible for your success or failure(why is the concept of personal responsibility lost on so many true believers?) If you have been "saved" from addiction, it is because of your own actions.

I do NOT work in a "lucrative scientific field", and I never have. Why do you feel the need to pull so much out of your ass, when the truth is so available to you?

Oh you are just full of crap. Why do you feel the need to pull so much out of you butt. You are always harping about science.

No...none at all.

Oh you are just full of crap. Why do you feel the need to pull so much out of you butt. You are always harping about science.

I could have worked in a lucrative scientific field like you and earned a comparable income.

I have NEVER worked in a "lucrative scientific field" as you just claimed. Your statement is false, like most of what you claim. TRY to make some sense here, Ron.

No...none at all.

I could have worked in a lucrative scientific field like you and earned a comparable income.

I have NEVER worked in a "lucrative scientific field" as you just claimed. Your statement is false, like most of what you claim. TRY to make some sense here, Ron.

You are just going in circles. Either you can't grasp the conversation or you are just being an ass. Good day.

That is what you want to think. At the time I did not have the motivation to quit. That is why it was deliverance.

It makes no sense to think any differently. If you didn't have the motivation to quit they you wouldn't have quit. To say that an imaginary being made you quit your addictions doesn't make any sense. Especially since there is no evidence that this imaginary being exists at all. You want to believe so you do, despite the lack of evidence.