jimbrown

What if Jesus didn't die on the cross

.But to the original question, would it matter to me if JC didn't die. Theologically (for propitiation), yes; but to me personally, no. his life and words are enough that I would follow him.

And do you take His words and teachings from the Bible or have you found a different source?

Peace,
Jim B

If I was to do anything to hurt you

At first, I thought you may just be mocking, but I now believe you are sincere.

Just know that I do not put my faith in human ingnorace nor the depravity of man...I "put no confidence in the flesh."
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Just know that I do not put my faith in human ingnorace nor the the depravity of man...I "put no confidence in the flesh."

I have absolute faith in Human ignorance. I also have absolute faith that ignorance can and will be cured.
Eventually all will come to Enlightenment and the Truth.
It is so simple to find.
Just look within!

Peace,
Jim B

Just know that I do not put my faith in human ingnorace nor the the depravity of man...I "put no confidence in the flesh."

I have absolute faith in Human ignorance. I also have absolute faith that ignorance can and will be cured.
Eventually all will come to Enlightenment and the Truth.
It is so simple to find.
Just look within!

Peace,
Jim B

So you look within depraved humanity and their ignorace for truth?

explains alot...

Do you understand the problem with that, Jim?

I have a Masters in Theology (as well as a MA in counseling) It was compiled in 300 AD, but most likely written between 60-90 AD

Earlier you stated that "they piercerd his heart".

As a Master of Theology could you back up that statement?

Sorry , my bad!
I shouldn't put you on the spot like that! I should never ask you to proove that which is demonstrably false.

Jesus was seen up and walking around just a few days after the cruci-fiction.
He said to his diciples, "Feed me".

Now I don't have a whole lot of experience with the undead but i just kinda have a hunch that spirits don't require fiborous foods or have the normal nutritional rerquirements of the average human worker.
I kinda have a hunch that Jesus was hungry because he never died , was still humanoid,and hadn't had much of a chance to eat in the last few days what with all that crucifiction,burial nonsense!
No wonder he made such a big deall about "the last supper".

Think about havin surgery.
They always say you can't eat after midnight.

Don't you find yourself gorging up to that appointed hour?
I know I do!

And then afterward, I'm tellin everyone I know "feed me" .

Just like Jesus!

Peace ,
Jim B

I am you and you are me and we are all together.

[replySo you look within depraved humanity and their ignorace for truth?

explains alot...

The Truth is within those depraved . They need only to look inwardly to find it. Depraved generally are looking outside for stimulus .
But yes the depraved are my Brethren and I love them as I love myself.
As to where I look for Truth it is not at the depraved but rather I focus my attention inward. To the very center of my conciousness.
Peace,
Jim B

It says they pierced his side. Water & blood "flowed" out. If he was dead, as the expert Roman executioners thought, than it would seem the blood & water would come from a pierced pericardial sac.

JC was said to have a new body, not that he was a "spirit" . that was the purpose of eating and allowing Thomas to touch his wound.

steveOrino

[replySo you look within depraved humanity and their ignorace for truth?

explains alot...

The Truth is within those depraved . They need only to look inwardly to find it. Depraved generally are looking outside for stimulus .
But yes the depraved are my Brethren and I love them as I love myself.
As to where I look for Truth it is not at the depraved but rather I focus my attention inward. To the very center of my conciousness.
Peace,
Jim B

You are so close...but so far away. Half of what you say is true, but you are depnding on yourself and denying the truth that makes your hope a reality...hence the title of this thread.

JC was said to have a new body, not that he was a "spirit" . that was the purpose of eating and allowing Thomas to touch his wound.

Obviously he didn't have a new body unless he was issued a defective one .
Didn't this "new body" have nail holes and lance wounds?

And you studied this theology for how long and never asked the "new body " questions????

Forget what you have been told steveorino. That was the old way. Look inside yourself to find Truth.

Peace ,
Jim B

we are all together.

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

I Am The Walrus - Goo goo g' joob Goo goo g' joob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI-tkIXqHBw

Your musings are nothing new...We've mastered them in Highschool...

I'm sorry Brother but you have not mastered anything other than allegiance to a book of forgeries.

Peace,
Jim B

Obviously he didn't have a new body unless he was issued a defective one .
Didn't this "new body" have nail holes and lance wounds?

And you studied this theology for how long and never asked the "new body " questions????

Forget what you have been told steveorino. That was the old way. Look inside yourself to find Truth.

Peace ,
Jim B

You know Jim...I'll humor your trolling becuase I'm a fool and a selfless entertainer...but I think you underestimate the Rino!;)

Not sure why you seek to complicate it. He had a human body. He sweated, farted, pooped, etc. His new body was different. I truthfully have no clue (to all its limitations, to what it should look like, etc) I hardly see how any this matters???

As far as asking "new body" questions .... didn't seem important then, still doesn't seem that important to me now. Why is it a stumbling block to you?

I have bigger questions from his teachings that I find difficult, such as the turning the other cheek thing. THAT goes against my old nature, and I'm not sure if I will ever be able to do that in many given circumstances. For me the hard stuff isn't semantics, nor difficult to understand passages. It is often his clear teachings that I struggle with. Not in understanding them, but in desiring to do them. I'm a fairly narcissistic guy. ;)B|

steveOrino

we are all together.

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

I Am The Walrus - Goo goo g' joob Goo goo g' joob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI-tkIXqHBw

Your musings are nothing new...We've mastered them in Highschool...

I'm sorry Brother but you have not mastered anything other than allegiance to a book of forgeries.

Peace,
Jim B

Don't get so defensive...

Oh, wait...you're not.

You haven't given 1 iota of defense for your claims...

Nevermind....

Not sure why you seek to complicate it. He had a human body. He sweated, farted, pooped, etc. His new body was different. I truthfully have no clue (to all its limitations, to what it should look like, etc) I hardly see how any this matters???

As far as asking "new body" questions .... didn't seem important then, still doesn't seem that important to me now. Why is it a stumbling block to you?

I have bigger questions from his teachings that I find difficult, such as the turning the other cheek thing. THAT goes against my old nature, and I'm not sure if I will ever be able to do that in many given circumstances. For me the hard stuff isn't semantics, nor difficult to understand passages. It is often his clear teachings that I struggle with. Not in understanding them, but in desiring to do them. I'm a fairly narcissistic guy. ;)B|

Well steveorino as I stated he obviously didn't have a "new body" if it was full of holes and lance wounds.
But that is what you stated with your masters degree.

Of course he sweated ,farted, pooped and was hungry.
The guy was still alive and getting over the torture of crucifiction.
No he didn't die on the cross .
Yes he went silent afterwards as Rosicrucians are known to do and died some 40 years later close to Shri Lanka. At least that is what my research indicates.

I don't know how much you value your Masters of Theology degree.
Me , not so much.

Peace,
Jim B

Yes he went silent afterwards as Rosicrucians are known to do and died some 40 years later close to Shri Lanka. At least that is what my research indicates

Let me guess...you figured this all out on one of your real time magical mystery tours through the original timeline of history outside of your physical depraved prison that you ignorantly voluteered to inhabit?

Come on Jim...you're making the Bible look like Popular Science.

Yes he went silent afterwards as Rosicrucians are known to do and died some 40 years later close to Shri Lanka. At least that is what my research indicates

Let me guess...you figured this all out on one of your real time magical mystery tours through the original timeline of history outside of your physical depraved prison that you ignorantly voluteered to inhabit?

Come on Jim...you're making the Bible look like Popular Science.

You seem to have figured it all out by reading a book that is demonstrably false.
I'm telling you my brother, look within.

Peace,
Jim B

Look within yourself and you will know all.

That is not a possibility without the sacrafice of Jesus Christ.

He FREELY gave him self up.

What don't you understand about that?

...He didn't have to,

but God accepted it.

Take heart brother, put your faith in Christ...Relax.

It'll all be ok.

Well steveorino as I stated he obviously didn't have a "new body" if it was full of holes and lance wounds.
But that is what you stated with your masters degree.

Of course he sweated ,farted, pooped and was hungry.
Yes he went silent afterwards as Rosicrucians are known to do and died some 40 years later close to Shri Lanka. At least that is what my research indicates.

I don't know how much you value your Masters of Theology degree.
Me , not so much.

Peace,
Jim B

Truthfully, the 'swoon' theory is by far the weakest of all counter theories. How did he get out of the tomb?Over power Roman guards.

I didn't say I had a Masters in theology to impress you or state it's value. I said it because my study was built on the teachings and research of men far greater than any one person. Plus, your personal insults don't impress, nor sway me. Live and let live ...

Can I ask you a question? why would a whuffo such as yourself want to post on a skydiver's forum?

steveOrino

OK.
Do you realize the New Testament in its' present form was written about 300 AD by Constantine for political purposes and may not contain the true teachings of The Master, Jesus the Christ?

Peace,
Jim B

This is bollocks. I have no belief in the Bible as anything other than a historical document but if you are going to debate at least do so with some sense of historical accuracy.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"