ryoder

May 21, 2011

What gets me is that the Bible actually says that no one but God knows the day and time of judgment day. Apparently these people know more than God...

Of course the irony of that statement is that somewhere on this great big planet of ours somebody, somewhere will always think today is it, therefore it can never be.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

What gets me is that the Bible actually says that no one but God knows the day and time of judgment day. Apparently these people know more than God...

Of course the irony of that statement is that somewhere on this great big planet of ours somebody, somewhere will always think today is it, therefore it can never be.

I don't mind people living *like* today is the last day, but it bugs me when people don't follow the rule book of the stuff they believe in.

Here's a book that outlines my religion, it gives all the rules and regulations, with stipulations and exceptions. It even gives neat stories with examples, but they make up their own version then proclaim to believe in that same book.

Sort of like the federal government and the constitution...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I don't mind people living *like* today is the last day, but it bugs me when people don't follow the rule book of the stuff they believe in.

Here's a book that outlines my religion, it gives all the rules and regulations, with stipulations and exceptions. It even gives neat stories with examples, but they make up their own version then proclaim to believe in that same book.

Well, there hasn't been one single version of the Bible ever as far as I can tell. It's always existed in multiple translations and various factions have made subtle changes to reflect their own slightly different beliefs.
quade -

Well, there hasn't been one single version of the Bible ever as far as I can tell. It's always existed in multiple translations and various factions have made subtle changes to reflect their own slightly different beliefs.

To a point, but generally speaking the NIV and KJV are fairly standardized.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If everybody read the entire prediction, then I think the world coming to a complete end exactly 5 months later, is an even more startling prediction. I what I've heard most of my life was anywhere near correct. That gives 5 months for the anti-christ to come to power, and have the whole number of the beast thingy. JC to return, I guess with the whole Seth Brundle rapid growth syndrome going, so he can reach maturity on time. And for Armagedon to happen.

Cutting it kind of close. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

We've already discussed this Quade...there is a big difference between thinking and knowing.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

We've already discussed this Quade...there is a big difference between thinking and knowing.

Be that as it may, do you think, know or simply believe May 21 is Judgement day?

If not, then do you think, know or believe the May 21 guys are nut cases or con artists?
quade -

WOW, there are actually people that believe this shit.

Doesn't need to be a lot, just enough to keep the shyster "preacher" in benjamins.

I'm all for the 1st Amendment, but when it comes to shit like this, I think there ought to be an exception where shysters can get the crap beat out of them.
quade -

WOW, there are actually people that believe this shit.

Doesn't need to be a lot, just enough to keep the shyster "preacher" in benjamins.

I'm all for the 1st Amendment, but when it comes to shit like this, I think there ought to be an exception where shysters can get the crap beat out of them.

The site itself is a farce. The creator of the site says so himself. He's probably laughing at all of the threads that are popping up to discuss it.
Religion is a legitimate business. Big money for anyone who wants to jump on-board the money train and take the gullible for a ride. I should start a religion. I'll be more than blessed to take money from fools. I can offer several levels of salvation. For a very large donation, I can even guarantee you a seat at the table of the big guy himself!
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

That first link I posted is a farce.
Read the other links.

Oh, I see... anyway, you're probably Hell bound for mocking the greatest scam of all time. Don't worry, never fear for salvation is near! For a small donation to the Church of Tax Free Faith, I can guarantee your salvation. Please keep in mind that cash will put you to the front of the line as we will not have to wait for your check to clear.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

While you guys are mocking these people, I'm going to seek out and befriend all I can find, and generously offer to let them transfer the titles of their cars and homes to me, so they can rest assured their possessions are well cared for after they leave.B|

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

There is a good-sized boogie that weekend in Georgia. It's gonna be real trippy to be doing a 16-way and all of a sudden 4 people dissappear in free-fall. :o:o:DB|:D:S:S:S:):):P:P:P

I believe people dissappearing during a formation would be considered a " point ", so make sure to count it. Science has shown Solar Flares around that time or a little sooner, that could knock out the power supply and communications for awhile. On Dec 21, 2012, we " will " pass thru the plain of the Milkyway. Will this reverse the poles ? They have reversed in the past, according to science. ( See Magnetite ). Will life end on Earth and then start again.....who knows. Any Maya out there to chime in.

Life is short ... jump often.

Science has shown Solar Flares around that time or a little sooner, that could knock out the power supply and communications for awhile.

Of course, solar flares happen every day and this is a possibility -- EVERY DAY.

On Dec 21, 2012, we " will " pass thru the plain of the Milkyway.

No. We won't.

Will this reverse the poles ?

No.

They have reversed in the past, according to science. ( See Magnetite ).

But not for the reason you've stated.

Will life end on Earth and then start again.....who knows.

I do. It won't.
quade -

We will pass thru ( actually, be in the center, on our way to the other side ) of the Milkyway.

No. It won't. Current estimates place our solar system in the range of 16 to 98 light years from the galactic plane.

Ref: Majaess, D. J.; Turner D. G., Lane D. J. (2009). "Characteristics of the Galaxy according to Cepheids". MNRAS 398 (1): 263–270. Bibcode 2009MNRAS.398..263M. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2966.2009.15096.x.

Even if we're on the extreme low end of that, I can with 100% certainty say that the Earth will not travel 16 light years in less than 2 years.

Please show scientific evidence to support your claims.
quade -

>We will pass thru ( actually, be in the center, on our way to the other
> side ) of the Milkyway.

No, we won't. Actually we're moving away from the plane of the galaxy.

OTOH, I hear the earth will make its closest approach to the Sun on January 5th, 2012! One might imagine that causing great fires, solar flares, radiation, mutant zombies etc.

Take an Astronomy class.

Back atcha.

We will pass thru ( actually, be in the center, on our way to the other side ) of the Milkyway.

No we won't.

Just science.

It's not science. It's just made up.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It definitely says in the Bible that no one can predict the rapture.

Probably one of the smarter things about the mythology.

Up to that point a lot of "prophets" had to try to explain what went wrong when their particular predictions didn't come true. I'm fascinated why so many modern day prophets insist on setting dates.

It's $. The End Times Indusrry sells books and DVDs, collects donations, etc.

They've discovered that the failed predictions don't matter. Hal Lindsey wrote The Late Great Planet Earth predicting the End Times in the 80s. It was made into a feature length documentary film. The dates passed and he continued to publlish more books, and is looked up to as an expert in the Biblical End Times community. He's made millions!

That's why it doesn't seem to faze these people when they're wrong. They just set a later date, start preaching again about it, and sell more books.

(Now I will make a Prediction):
This Harold Camping crowd will do the same thing when their date passes.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Not this stuff again...

I never thought this day would come but I'm really starting to get bored with these threads. It's like I don't even care anymore...:(

And yet you respond.

So what, I can't voice my opinion of threads like these?

Who cares when people think it's the end of the world...

Sometimes you guys are just to desperate to pick a fight with me...sorry to exasperate you.

Be that as it may, do you think, know or simply believe May 21 is Judgement day?

If not, then do you think, know or believe the May 21 guys are nut cases or con artists?

It doesn't matter...besides you already know my position with issues like these.

I was just chiming in to point out that your statement is 100% wrong.