Nataly

How would YOU have dealt with Bin Laden?

I would tie him up, keep his eyes pried open with some mechanical device and make him watch me masturbate on the coran.

Then Id throw him in a human rock tumbler so he can feel how it feels to be ground up alive by falling buildings.

For me, New Castle beverage to enjoy his screams.

For my friend, Scott Rohner 9/11/01

And for our family friend and my fathers fellow firefighter/brother,
Daniel Harlin 9/11/01

FUCK YOU OSAMA, you got off easy, scum.

You forgot covering his body in pig's blood to stain his soul so he never gets into heaven for his 72 virgins. Then follow up with no proper burial. String his body out and let the buzzards pick at him.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

We've let him off the hook too easy. I wouldn't have killed him, I would have injured him.....kept him alive then tortured him!

I'd doused him in jet fuel, burn him alive then to the point of him passing out.....I'd save him. Burn him again & again!! That SOB does/did not deserve to die a quick death!

I don't believe in violence, as I'm not a violent person. However, if anyone were to hurt my family member(s)....I'd make that person suffers!!!!
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

>I'd doused him in jet fuel, burn him alive then to the point of him
>passing out.....I'd save him. Burn him again & again!! That SOB
>does/did not deserve to die a quick death!

>I don't believe in violence . . .

. . . except when you think it's justified. Which means you DO believe in violence. Morality is mostly defined by how you treat the people you dislike, not the people you like.

He's no longer out there, and will no longer be able to lead terrorist groups in attacks against civilians. That's what's important. Whether that was accomplished by a bullet to his head, his being arrested and put away forever, or a natural death due to kidney disease doesn't really matter.

Lol...I didn't ask for anyone's opinion! I posted my own opinion as to how I would have dealt with him.

Perhaps you should check the question or post your own opinion!
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

Lol...I didn't ask for anyone's opinion!

At 1400 posts you know that is the way it works here.

I posted my own opinion as to how I would have dealt with him.

He did.

Lol...I didn't ask for anyone's opinion! I posted my own opinion as to how I would have dealt with him.

Public forum. Your opinion is open to scrutiny. If you don't like how it works, don't post here. It's just that simple.
We all take a beating here at SC. Stick around, your skin gets thicker with every snap of the whip. ;)
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Someone pointed out to me - and I agree!! - what an *excellent* opportunity for a poll!! :D:D

I would generally have followed the same approach that Israel took in dealing with Adolf Eichmann (although Eichmann's crimes were on a significantly greater scale).
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

Take him alive, if possible, and waterboard him every day for the rest of his life until he told us everything we wanted to know about his organization, their plans, and the whereabouts of his people. If it was impractical to take him alive, he'd get a 5.56mm to the forehead. He wouldn't be "read his rights." He might just get a burial in a pig pen.

Not even an option for take him to trial?

As most of the respondents to this thread are American, what happened to "...justice for all" and "innocent until proven guilty".

Or is there a line where you don't get human rights?
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

It's a war.

Those who prefer to deal with the likes of Osama bin Laden as wartime enemies, rather than civilian mass/serial murderers, might have actually had a valid argument had they insisted that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the Gitmo detainees be treated as required under the Geneva convention.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

As most of the respondents to this thread are American, what happened to "...justice for all" and "innocent until proven guilty".

He's not American, he declared war on us, killed our people, and it's war, he's a foreign terrorist, not an American citizen with rights under our constitution.

He's not American, he declared war on us, killed our people, and it's war, he's a foreign terrorist, not an American citizen with rights under our constitution.

Yes, you can kill people in war.

But if, in war, you choose to capture, rather than kill, people, then they have rights under the Geneva Convention. This doesn't apply to bin Laden, but it does apply to others captured earlier in this conflict.

But if, in war, you choose to capture, rather than kill, people, then they have rights under the Geneva Convention. This doesn't apply to bin Laden, but it does apply to others captured earlier in this conflict.

What does that have to do with rights afforded U.S. citizens under our Constitution?

Many of the rights in the Constitution don't apply only to citizens, they apply to people.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Yes, you can kill people in war.

The Geneva Convention applies to:

--Specifically, protected combatants are defined as follows… members of the armed forces of a party to an international conflict, members of militias or volunteer corps including members of organized resistance movements as long as they have a well-defined chain of command, are clearly distinguishable from the civilian population, carry their arms openly, and obey the laws of war.

The protected combatants must fulfill all these definitions. If we were at war with a certain country, and Americans working for the US were to sneak in, dressed as civilians, with hidden weapons, and kill people in that country, they would not be eligible for protection under the Geneva Convention. Similarly, the Geneva Convention does not protect terrorists like Al Qaeda.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I am talking about human rights.

Are you saying that the constitution is right, but only for Americans? That's a pretty divisive statement. If you believe that Americans should be treated one way, why should other humans not deserve the same?
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA