stitch

Was Jesus Christ the first zombie in recorded history ?

I'm by no means an expert, but common sense tells me that given Jesus lived and the associated storys about him are true, Lazarus was a zombie before Jesus was.

And lo, Peter smote the un-dead Lazarus with a head shot...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Some people were debating this last weekend, but I had to step out before any conclusions were drawn.

It is nice to finally see that at least one of you knows enough history to acknowledge the fact that Jesus died and rose again. Keep at it, I can tell you are on the verge of a major life changing break through.

Some people were debating this last weekend, but I had to step out before any conclusions were drawn.

I don't know, but I do know that when you use the C-word to describe Jesus, you are implying certain conclusions about him.

If you want to frame a discussion about Jesus without implying a conclusion before the discussion starts, it is better to just call him Jesus without the C-word.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

I don't know, but I do know that when you use the C-word to describe Jesus, you are implying certain conclusions about him.

If you want to frame a discussion about Jesus without implying a conclusion before the discussion starts, it is better to just call him Jesus without the C-word.

Oh, I think it goes a long way to distinguish between the observant Jew of the era and the mythical construct created later by pagan Europeans.

As a Nazorean, one's entry into the sect entailed a ritual "death" and "rebirth," sort of like the modern "born again" types. As translated and interpreted by pagan scribes - and later heavily redacted - the tale took on a different slant.

Beware the Holy Typo!

BSBD,

Winsor

It is nice to finally see that at least one of you knows enough history to acknowledge the fact that Jesus died and rose again. Keep at it, I can tell you are on the verge of a major life changing break through.

yup, a sudden outburst of schizophrenia or a nervous breakdown can truely be life-changing.. :D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda