JerseyShawn

Moon produces its own light, some Christians believe...

I say we teach both sides of the controversy, and let children decide for themselves. Why does everyone think that children are incapable of thinking on their own? There are two sides to every story, and we should teach them.

The light from the moon - reflected sunlight or God's inner glow?
The composition of the moon - rocky, powdery regolith or green cheese?
The moon landings - historical 'fact' or secular conspiracy to convince people that governments have more power than God?
The sun - a star that is the center of our solar system, just one among many, or center of the universe and center of all life?

At least he didn't claim the universe didn't revolve around the earth, else they would be burning him at the stake.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I say we teach both sides of the controversy, and let children decide for themselves. Why does everyone think that children are incapable of thinking on their own? There are two sides to every story, and we should teach them.

The light from the moon - reflected sunlight or God's inner glow?
The composition of the moon - rocky, powdery regolith or green cheese?
The moon landings - historical 'fact' or secular conspiracy to convince people that governments have more power than God?
The sun - a star that is the center of our solar system, just one among many, or center of the universe and center of all life?

Man in the moon or Bunny Rabbit?
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Without having read the article can I legitimately pipe in with, "Christians don't have a lock on those ideas"?

Why, yes. Yes, I can.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

What did you expect?
"Welcome, sonny"?
"Make yourself at home"?
"Marry my daughter"?
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers.
These are people of the land.
The common clay of the new West.
You know... morons.

:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Not quite sure where it said Christians believe that the moon produces it's own light. Looks more like they were mad at Bill's inferred insult at Christians. What did he need to bring the Bible into it? But without having the quotes in context, I could be way off.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

It doesn't. The writer fails to say how many people were in attendance. Of course he does make the point that "several people" became upset. Does that mean 2 or 3 out of 200? He further claims 1 woman became upset enough to leave. OK fine.

So from this, some have concluded that every Christian from Texas is a complete delusional moron. I don't think it's the Christians that are morons in this case.

>The writer fails to say how many people were in attendance.

Yep. Unfortunately, the story was embarrassing enough that the paper pulled it off its website - so will be somewhat hard to ascertain.

Anyone here get the Waco Tribune in hardcopy?

As someone in the comment column pointed out the URL for this story was published April 6, 2006. Kinda old and really not much of a story anyways. I would believe the vast majority of Christians would agree that the moon reflects light and not emit. Much ado about nothing.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Much ado about nothing.

Nonsense!

We must speak accurately when addressing such issues so as not to corrupt the sanctity of science.

We do not want to offend people so I propose these new politically correct terms:

moonlight = Stellar reflection

beautiful sunset = beautiful earth revolution

If anyone uses the former terms, you may punch them in the face for being delusional, ignorat hooligans that dare to oppose the hammer of science.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Much ado about nothing.

Nonsense!

We must speak accurately when addressing such issues so as not to corrupt the sanctity of science.

We do not want to offend people so I propose these new politically correct terms:

moonlight = Stellar reflection

beautiful sunset = beautiful earth revolution

If anyone uses the former terms, you may punch them in the face for being delusional, ignorat hooligans that dare to oppose the hammer of science.

There's hope for you yet!;)
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

>I would believe the vast majority of Christians would agree that the
>moon reflects light and not emit.

Agreed. While there are definitely stupid Christians out there, that's not because there's anything inherently stupid about Christians - it's because there are a lot of stupid people out there and there are a lot of Christians in the US.