jimbrown

It's a fact!!!

Yes

;)
well I guess you are right about all that andrerwwhyte.
Legally the people are required to fund the government which lies to them.

But really sir,
How long do you expect the Americans to remain complacent after they realize they have been lied to by their government?

Peace,
Jim B

Yes

;)
well I guess you are right about all that andrerwwhyte.
Legally the people are required to fund the government which lies to them.

But really sir,
How long do you expect the Americans to remain complacent after they realize they have been lied to by their government?

Peace,
Jim B

Care to explain what the alternatives are and how they're better?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>How long do you expect the Americans to remain complacent after they realize
> they have been lied to by their government?

Well, look at you. You have agreed to be a Slave (your words) even with all the angry posts here. So the literal answer to your question, based on your actions, is "a long time."

Well, if it's as much of a fact as you say, then people probably already know. I don't see any riots in the street, do you? Either folks don't believe that it's a fact, or they don't care. Complacency is something most people are very good at.

If you're waiting for complacency to go away, then just keep an eye on the rising debt, America's crashing credit, and the inability of average folks to pay for food and power (don't worry, they've got the bling and the playstation either way).
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

[reply
If you're just now figuring out that the government is corrupt, you haven't been paying attention.

I am ashamed to say that I haven't been paying attention , Nightingale!!

Have you been aware of this for some time?

Could you provide us with links to the posts where you warned your compatriots about the government corruption?

Thanks,
Peace,
Jim B

[reply
If you're just now figuring out that the government is corrupt, you haven't been paying attention.

Could you provide us with links to the posts where you warned your compatriots about the government corruption?

Thanks,
Peace,
Jim B

Last I checked, it's not my responsibility to watch out for you. That's your job.

James Madison warned you...in 1829.
"The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse."--James Madison, speech in the Virginia constitutional convention, December 2, 1829

Gerald Ford warned you... in 1974
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." -Gerald Ford, presidential address to a joint session of Congress, 12 August 1974

Thomas Jefferson warned you...in 1800.
"I do verily believe that..a single, consolidated government would become the most corrupt government on the earth." ----- Thomas Jefferson to Gideon Granger, 1800.

Thomas Jefferson warned you again... in 1816
If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Colonel Charles Yancey (6 January 1816)

Martin Luther King warned you... in 1967
Their questions hit home, and I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today—my own government." - Martin Luther King, Jr., Speech at Riverside Church in New York City (1967-04-04)

Ronald Reagan warned you... in 1981.
"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem." Ronald Reagan, First Inaugural address (1981)

And, of course, the immortal words of P.J O'Rourke in 1991 -
"Giving money and power to Government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys." P. J. O'Rourke, Parliament of Whores (1991)

If you didn't listen to them, why the hell would you listen to me?

>If you didn't listen to them, why the hell would you listen to me?

Well, because most of them were in government, and were therefore lying too! Only a true Free Man who is not employed by the government, not getting any benefits from them, not paying taxes to them, and not tainted by education can be truly worth listening to.

>If you didn't listen to them, why the hell would you listen to me?

Well, because most of them were in government, and were therefore lying too! Only a true Free Man who is not employed by the government, not getting any benefits from them, not paying taxes to them, and not tainted by education can be truly worth listening to.

So yeah, he won't listen to me. :P

[reply

Thanks,
Peace,
Jim B

Last I checked, it's not my responsibility to watch out for you. That's your job.

That's true .
Peace,
Jim B

"The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse."--James Madison, speech in the Virginia constitutional convention, December 2, 1829

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." -Gerald Ford, presidential address to a joint session of Congress, 12 August 1974

"I do verily believe that..a single, consolidated government would become the most corrupt government on the earth." ----- Thomas Jefferson to Gideon Granger, 1800.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Colonel Charles Yancey (6 January 1816)

Their questions hit home, and I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today—my own government." - Martin Luther King, Jr., Speech at Riverside Church in New York City (1967-04-04)

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem." Ronald Reagan, First Inaugural address (1981)

"Giving money and power to Government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys." P. J. O'Rourke, Parliament of Whores (1991)

If you didn't listen to them, why the hell would you listen to me?

Excellent!
:)
To be fair, why didn't anybody listen to them?
(see my next post)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...Either folks don't believe that it's a fact, or they don't care. Complacency is something most people are very good at.

If you're waiting for complacency to go away, then...

The word you are looking for is apathy.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...Either folks don't believe that it's a fact, or they don't care. Complacency is something most people are very good at.

If you're waiting for complacency to go away, then...

The word you are looking for is apathy.

It seems our political system is built on apathy and ignorance.

The Politicean, "Do you know what tha words apathy and ignorance mean?"
The Averican Voter, "I don't know and I don't care."
The Politicean, "Well then, follow me."
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?