wmw999

The best time to live in the US

>And photo shopping a picture of Bush eating a kitten would be?

Pretty funny if done well. Bush killing kittens.

>Telling a joke about Bush being from TX would be?

Doesn't sound so funny, but I'd have to hear it.

Do ya think he embarrassed them enuff that they want to go back to realizing he is a carpet bagger from the NE???

The 80s. I was born and things were awesome. I wore a side-pony-tail to school and rocked the roller-rink. I first learned about oceanography in "gifted" class and thus began my campaign to save the whales, the sea turtles and the starfish. The best movies came out in the 80s, and musicians could actually sing and were not 12.

And then there was Patrick Swayze :)

"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

The 80s. I was born and things were awesome. I wore a side-pony-tail to school and rocked the roller-rink. I first learned about oceanography in "gifted" class and thus began my campaign to save the whales, the sea turtles and the starfish. The best movies came out in the 80s, and musicians could actually sing and were not 12.

Were the starfish in danger?

While I have not seen many since, we used to find beached starfish after a storm as a little girl and dry them out to save/keep.

Now I throw them back.

ah, that makes sense. I see so many underwater that I wasn't sure if it was a particular species or set of circumstances.

Today, if a person stays in the same position for more than just a few years, it's not just an anomaly, but people start to question how "motivated" the person is (because obviously he hasn't gone anywhere) and start thinking about laying them off.

And if that same person doesn't stay in the same position today for more than just a few years, they are viewed as an unstable credit risk totally unfit to qualify for a mortgage. :o

Catch-22 :)
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

>It is OK, according to you, to make fun of some people but not others.

Yep. Depends on the situation and the people. It's OK, for example, to tell big ear jokes about Bush (or Obama.) It's not OK to call people niggers. It's OK to tell banker jokes to your friend who is a banker. It's not OK to tell rape jokes to your friend who has just been raped.

I think you really get that (or would if you weren't posting on Speaker's Corner.)

Sadly, as the quiet sister though, we do tend to follow the path of our American neighbours politically and socially, about 8 years behind

By this measure Canada should begin bombing Iraq right about now. [:/]
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014