Lastchance

Christian bikers shield soldiers funeral from protesters.

I ride with patriot guard and no you don't have to be a christian. You don't have to ride a harley, you don't have to be a veteran. All you have to do is support the people that have served and show up and participate! All you have to do to join is go to the web site and sign up. You are then sent e-mails of "missions" in your area with meet times, places, etc.

http://www.patriotguard.org/

I don't understand why the Patriot Guard riders are being portrayed as a Christian Organization. My understanding was it was non-denominational and welcomed people of all religions and heritage.

I think that portrayal is just a bit of confusion on the OP's title and the web page he linked. I venture it is not on purpose.

The Patriot Guard is made up of People, who just want the Families of the fallen to have a funeral with out hearing the hate spewed at them by an Extremist.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I don't understand why the Patriot Guard riders are being portrayed as a Christian Organization. My understanding was it was non-denominational and welcomed people of all religions and heritage.

I think that portrayal is just a bit of confusion on the OP's title and the web page he linked. I venture it is not on purpose.

The Patriot Guard is made up of People, who just want the Families of the fallen to have a funeral with out hearing the hate spewed at them by an Extremist.

Matt

I understand they are not specifically a Christian Organization. If fact I have thought of joining them. However, the video and the person featured in the video are very clearly portraying the Patriot Guard as a Christian Organization. I'm wondering if the leaders of the PG are aware they are being portrayed this way on this website?

Correct. The videos original title was "Christian Veterans Protect the Funeral of A Fallen Sodier". A little misleading in itself. This is the first I've heard of the Patriot Guard. And more power to them. I merely wanted people to see this video of somebody standing up for the fallen and their family and friends.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Maybe it should have read:

"Bikers shield soldiers funeral from christian proterters"...:|

Maybe if your audience is a bunch of gullible atheists that constantly look for reasons to hate christians...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Maybe if your audience is a bunch of gullible atheists that constantly look for reasons to hate christians...

Just an observation that the Patriot Guard makes no claim to christianity, while the protesters do.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Just an observation that the Patriot Guard makes no claim to christianity, while the protesters do.

they call themselves anything they want

Doesn't change the fact they are nut cases
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

they call themselves anything they want

Doesn't change the fact they are nut cases

I agree 100%
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Just an observation that the Patriot Guard makes no claim to christianity

True...I think the story could've been written to not appear so misleading.

while the protesters do.

yep, yep...they certainly do.

I'm gonna go check my blood pressure know...;):D

Those protesters need something better to do! I wonder how they would feel if, the shoe was on the other foot? I know, they have their 'right to freedom of speech' but they need to learn... it's not all about them. Will Rogers said; "Never pass the chance to shut-up!". Those protesters need to learn that.

Chuck

Those protesters need something better to do! I wonder how they would feel if, the shoe was on the other foot? I know, they have their 'right to freedom of speech' but they need to learn... it's not all about them. Will Rogers said; "Never pass the chance to shut-up!". Those protesters need to learn that.

Chuck

I propose that a group of patriot riders that live in KS and neighboring states with nothing to do on Sundays gather outside Westboro Baptist Church and run the engines during their Sunday services. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Chuck

I propose that a group of patriot riders that live in KS and neighboring states with nothing to do on Sundays gather outside Westboro Baptist Church and run the engines during their Sunday services. :P

It's that old saying... what goes around, comes around.

Chuck

Chuck

Have you seen the price of fuel recently? :P

Them services go, like, forever.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Chuck

Maybe they could record their bikes revving up and just play it back on a Boom-Box. :P

Chuck

Maybe they could record their bikes revving up and just play it back on a Boom-Box. :P

How 'bout...they blast-out The Rolling Stones: 'Sympathy For The Devil'!

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

that would work. :P

that would work.

Not sure how that would work...did you ever read the lyrics?

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, have some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, mmm yeah

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, mmm yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

that would work.

Not sure how that would work...did you ever read the lyrics?

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, have some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, mmm yeah

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, mmm yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

Doesn't the Devil come in many forms?

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints