JohnRich

Which is a bigger threat: Muslim extremists or the KKK?

News:
Congressman: KKK bigger threat than Muslims

Congressman Al Green, Texas Democrat, found himself in a heated debate with Republican members on the Homeland Security Committee on Thursday over whether or not the Ku Klux Klan should be considered a terrorist organization. Rep. Peter King, New York Republican and chairman of the committee said, "There is no equivalency of threat between al Qaeda and Neo-Nazis, environmental extremists, and other isolated madmen." Peter King continued, "Indeed, by the Justice Department’s own record, not one terror-related case in the last two years involved neo-Nazis, environmental extremists, or anti-war groups..."
Source: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/mar/10/audio-cbc-congressman-twt-terror-hearing-your-pape/

Probably depends on whether you're black or not.

I had to do a double take -

I thought you replied to Andy.

:D:D:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It would really depend on which one got nukes first. Both are stupid enough to use them.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Attorney General Eric Holder has said that radicalization of Americans is something that keeps him awake at night. As he noted, 126 people have been indicted on terrorist-related charges in the past two years, including 50 U.S. citizens. The great majority of those charged are violent jihadists.

I think an affirmative action plan is necessary to make sure we indict equal numbers of people across all races and religions on terrorism charges. I demand a constant stream of self-assurance regarding whatever obscure choice I've made regarding what to lose sleep over.

News:

Congressman: KKK bigger threat than Muslims

Congressman Al Green, Texas Democrat, found himself in a heated debate with Republican members on the Homeland Security Committee on Thursday over whether or not the Ku Klux Klan should be considered a terrorist organization. Rep. Peter King, New York Republican and chairman of the committee said, "There is no equivalency of threat between al Qaeda and Neo-Nazis, environmental extremists, and other isolated madmen." Peter King continued, "Indeed, by the Justice Department’s own record, not one terror-related case in the last two years involved neo-Nazis, environmental extremists, or anti-war groups..."
Source: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/mar/10/audio-cbc-congressman-twt-terror-hearing-your-pape/

I believe the KKK is basically a fictional organization that existed in the past. We may have some white supremacists in prison and scattered around the country. That is not the same as the KKK. The KKK is a joke and is just a tool of left wing propagandists to promote discrimination.

I have lived in the south practically all my life and have never met anyone promoting the KKK.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Just curious, what's your stance on the Holocoust?

I believe it is the single greatest tragedy in my lifetime. Although, Josef Stalin, Idi Amin, et. al. may have slaughtered more people, Hitler's atrocities against the Jewish people stand out as the most horrific. Probably, because I started reading and hearing about the Holocaust when I was 4 or 5 years old.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

...or Catholic, Hispanic,or any other 'non-white'. They might not always use guns or bombs but they are quite adept at intimidation. That too, is terrorism.

As a soldier in the US Army, I can only speak from that perspective, so keep that in mind.

The Army defines terrorism as "the calculated use of violence or threat of violence to inculcate fear, intended to coerce or to intimidate governments
or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological." Reference Army Regulation 381-12.

That being said, the KKK (being southern, I have a story about that in the last paragraph) lost momentum when I was still quite young. There are pockets within our nation where the "Klan" is still influential, but to no significance. Recent history seems to indicate that the White Supremacist movement is a novelty at best outside of these very limited areas. They probably want to have a voice and spread their ideology, but aren't willing to jump straight to violence to do it. I risk some credibility as a Christian when I say this, but I think that perhaps Pro-Life/Pro-Choice groups come closer to fitting the definition of terrorist groups than do white supremacist groups.

"Muslim extremists," however, are a whole different breed. Classically, many members of these groups feel that it is a religious duty to kill those who aren't Muslim. On an individual basis, this isn't too great a threat to our national security. My unit lost three great men in Iraq our last tour simply because those doing the killing assumed they were killing Christians just because they were American soldiers (nothing further from the truth, but that's another discussion). Put a group of extremist together, give them some logistical support and you have another 9-11 waiting to happen.

My assessment is, from a terrorism standpoint, radical Muslims probably pose the biggest threat to our domestic security.

EDIT: Forgot my KKK story. When I was around 12 years old, my mom dated a Deputy Sheriff in Johnston County, NC. Sometimes, he was tasked to pull security at "Klan rallies." Once, I went with him to one of these taskings. What I heard was rather ridiculous, naive and immature, even to me at that age. Fast forward about 4 years. I worked at a fast food restaurant and was helping out at the drive thru. A customer handed me a card. Turned out that he was a local Klan leader and wanted me to contact him so we could talk. I told him no thanks and threw the card away. That was in '84. I think there was one Klan demonstration after that in the form of a march down Main Street. There MAY have been fifteen marchers. I was at work at that restaurant that day, which was on Main. VERY few even cared enough to spectate. I think white supremacy is becoming what homosexuality used to be, something some may believe or feel, but keep it in the closet.
Sincerely,
Kevin

Well-crafted post.

I think white supremacy is becoming what homosexuality used to be, something some may believe or feel, but keep it in the closet.

Ah. In that case, should white supremacists be allowed to marry?

LOL Well, again, at risk of my Christian credibility, I don't really care who marries whom. I have friends from all walks of life, sexual preference and race/ethnicity. If someone wants to marry a marble, it wouldn't bother me at all. Matter of fact, I'd invite the couple over for dinner. I mean, how much can a marble eat?

And thank for the comment. :)
Sincerely,
Kevin

at risk of my Christian credibility, I don't really care who marries whom.

I wouldn't worry too much about your credibility. Personally, I think a bad christian who evaluates himself and criticizes his own faults is more credible than a good christian who is constantly condemning others.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

at risk of my Christian credibility, I don't really care who marries whom.

I wouldn't worry too much about your credibility. Personally, I think a bad christian who evaluates himself and criticizes his own faults is more credible than a good christian who is constantly condemning others.

...OR constantly telling you how 'they' are Christians!

Chuck

Before I say anything else, I want to thank you for your service to our country and protecting our freedoms.

Very informative post. I guess, I have 'hold-over' fears of the Klan from when I was a kid. I'd sometimes spend week-ends at my grandparents place during the summer months. I was 5, maybe 6-yrs old. They lived across from a large pasture where the Klan would hold their meetings and burn crosses. One very fearful time, a house that a young black couple, with a baby, was in the process of moving into, was burned to the ground. Of course, there were no witnesses. We knew, what they were capable of.
The Klan has undergone changes over the years to even 'hopefully' improve their image. Too many folks have good memories.
Our neighbors and good-good friends have a son who is a Lt. Col. and has served in both Iraq and Afghanistan, has told me similar to what you have. Right now, he's State-side but is fixin' to go back to Afghanistan. Thanks, again!

Chuck

The Klan has undergone changes over the years to even 'hopefully' improve their image.

LMAO!:D

Good luck...

Maybe they should change their name to the 3K for Christ.

3K meaning 3000...

:D

*edit*

I'm suspecting that they'll soon strike an alliance with Westboro...Lucky for them www.godhatesniggers.com seems to be available.

The Klan has undergone changes over the years to even 'hopefully' improve their image.

LMAO!:D

Good luck...

Maybe they should change their name to the 3K for Christ.

3K meaning 3000...

:D

I about busted a gut, when I heard that!:D Maybe, they'll start wearing 3-piece white suits! I heard it during the showing of a 'History of the KKK' on the History Channel.
One of our regulars at the DZ several years ago, told me that his Grand-dad gave him a lifetime membership to the Klan the day he was born. I didn't persue the topic.

Chuck

I believe the KKK is basically a fictional organization

LOL

Well, they practically are...

Fictional, really?

might as well be...at an estimated 3 to 5k, we haven't heard from them much lately...

guess them bitches are skerd...:P

Which is a bigger threat: Muslim Extremists or a foreign policy which kills hundreds of thousands of people and creates the conditions for Islamic radicalisation.

Which is bigger:

Life or death?

deal with it...