JohnRich

Should the U.S. intervene in Libya?

I say NO.

Let the European powers decide what they want to do with this hot potato.

As another post said, we would be supporting an insurgency. What for?

mh

Why the fuck should we Europeans do owt ... it's AFRICA

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

At least this guy isn't in charge:

=============
VAN SUSTEREN: What would you do about Libya?

GINGRICH: Exercise a no-fly zone this evening. … It’s also an ideological problem. The United States doesn’t need anybody’s permission. We don’t need to have NATO, who frankly, won’t bring much to the fight. We don’t need to have the United Nations. All we have to say is that we think that slaughtering your own citizens is unacceptable and that we’re intervening. And we don’t have to send troops. All we have to do is suppress his air force, which we could do in minutes.
=============

Who is that WANKER?

(.)Y(.)

At least this guy isn't in charge:

=============
VAN SUSTEREN: What would you do about Libya?

GINGRICH: Exercise a no-fly zone this evening. … It’s also an ideological problem. The United States doesn’t need anybody’s permission. We don’t need to have NATO, who frankly, won’t bring much to the fight. We don’t need to have the United Nations. All we have to say is that we think that slaughtering your own citizens is unacceptable and that we’re intervening. And we don’t have to send troops. All we have to do is suppress his air force, which we could do in minutes.
=============

Who is that WANKER?

Just another far right wing nutjob willing to put young American lives at risk... as he was utterly unwilling to do himself.
He stayed in school with college deferments to make sure that HIS life.. was safe... since he was so busy living.. while others died for him.

News: Role in Libya grows complex for Washington

Nearly three weeks after Libya erupted in what may now turn into a protracted civil war, the politics of military intervention to speed the ouster of Moammar Gadhafi grow more complicated by the day -- for both the White House and Republicans.

President Barack Obama, appearing Monday morning with Australia's prime minister, tried to raise the pressure on Gadhafi further by talking about "a range of potential options, including potential military options" against the embattled Libyan leader.

Despite Obama's statement, interviews with military officials and other administration officials describe a number of risks, some tactical and others political, to U.S. intervention in Libya...

Source: http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_17559689?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Should the U.S. give aid and/or assistance to the Libyan rebels trying to overthrow Ghadaffi?

The US should stop being the worlds police force. Let the UN deal with it and see what happens when we don't get involved.

+1 Why are our men and women dying for somebody else's cause. Lets deal with our own problems first.

I just want the rest of the world to foot the bill this time.

Fuckin' A

mh

Fuckin' B!

It does have two holes:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The rebels are irregular, do not wear uniforms, and when faced with defeat melt back into the population.

What do we really know about these people fighting the Kadhafi loyalists? There appears to be a lot of people in the West cheerleading for them, but could those cheering for these rebels be mistakenly cheering for a new tyrant to over throw the existing tyrant? The rebels may not have an air force, but they are well armed and they are organized. I am sure Kadhafi loyalist have killed some innocent unarmed civilians, but these people who are waging this civil war against Kadhafi are not unarmed and they are not civilians.

I could not help but catch a video clip of them launching some rocket artillery mounted on trucks and while they were firing these rockets at Kadhafi loyalist forces you can hear some of these rebels yelping out "Allah Akbar".

Yes Kadhafi is a nutcase tyrant. But are people sure they know exactly who these people are who have decided to all of a sudden wage war on Kadhafi?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I could not help but catch a video clip of them launching some rocket artillery mounted on trucks and while they were firing these rockets at Gaddafi loyalist forces you can hear some of these rebels yelping out "Allah Akbar".

Your knowledge of the middle east is truly staggering.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Dude, if you don't know that the takbir is shouted by virtually anyone for virtually any reason in the middle east, you really shouldn't be making commentary about its significance as a rallying cry by insurgents.

Gimme a break.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Spare me your bullshit. Shouldn't you be off inventing some pretend world from inside the La La Land of Hollywood?

While quade was being an ass about it, he does have a valid point. Arab culture is a little different.

You have to remember that most arabs, especially in tribal regions learn to read by reading the Koran and they prey 5 times a day. Saying Allah Akbar which literally translated means "god willing" is a normal part of their speech. Some places, once again especially in tribal regions, carrying around an AK-47 is apart of their every day wear. If you check them, 80% of the time they are usually even empty. That's just the way it is.

But this also brings me back to the original point from my earlier post. We know Kadaffi is a bad guy. We know nothing about the rebel group. We need to start talking to them to find out who they are. If they are extremists, we should stay out of it all together. If they are not, we should open up diplomatic relations with them to help them out.

The last thing we need in that area is for a power vacuum to form for Al Qeda to come in and fill.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

From what I can gather (from the media) there is NO Rebel GROUP ... it's groupS - which is probably why they are not doing so well (all-in-all).

But what I find 'interesting' - even on here - is the usual candidates that slag off the 'Enemy Combatants' in 'other' parts of the world ... siding with them in this particular case[:/]

People have said crap like 'If folks are not in a uniform, they are Illegal combatants' - But this only seems to be the case when it suites their mixed up view of the world.[:/]

(.)Y(.)

Just a quick note: Allah Akbar means "God is Great"

"God Willing" is Inshallah

I'm sure someone else will correct my poor transliteration.

"God is great"

"Hello"

"Goodbye"

"I really hope this works"

"I really hope I don't die doing this"

"I really hope I do die doing this"

"I'm a Muslim too, so don't kill me for being an infidel"

"Fuck you"

It's a pretty universal and useful saying.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Just a quick note: Allah Akbar means "God is Great"

"God Willing" is Inshallah

I'm sure someone else will correct my poor transliteration.

"God is great"

"Hello"

"Goodbye"

"I really hope this works"

"I really hope I don't die doing this"

"I really hope I do die doing this"

"I'm a Muslim too, so don't kill me for being an infidel"

"Fuck you"

It's a pretty universal and useful saying.

Aloha - the polynesian war cry....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

[replySome places, once again especially in tribal regions, carrying around an AK-47 is apart of their every day wear.

at least it's functional

I don't understand the point of neck ties. Really, what function do they possibly serve.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Some places, once again especially in tribal regions, carrying around an AK-47 is apart of their every day wear.

at least it's functional

I don't understand the point of neck ties. Really, what function do they possibly serve.

I've been wearing a neck tie every day this year and have determined the purpose ... they get you noticed. Aloha!
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

From what I can gather (from the media) there is NO Rebel GROUP ... it's groupS - which is probably why they are not doing so well (all-in-all).

Agreed.
I was listening to an interview with someone explaining that tribes were very important in Libya
before Gaddifi took over, and he had made great efforts to try to diminish tribal influence.
But in the current situation, the tribal influence is seeing a resurgence with:
- Some tribes supporting Gaddifi.
- Some tribes opposing him.
- Some tribes taking a neutral stance while they wait and see what happens.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

[replySome places, once again especially in tribal regions, carrying around an AK-47 is apart of their every day wear.

at least it's functional

To stop us old codgers dribbling lunch down our shirts when a pretty young thing walks by.

(.)Y(.)

But this also brings me back to the original point from my earlier post. We know Kadaffi is a bad guy. We know nothing about the rebel group.

Thank you for addressing the point I was trying to make. Who is behind these armed rebels fighting in Libya? It is possible that they are armed domestic Libyans, though I serious doubt this. The US is know for their armed civil population, but how many of these well armed US citizens have truck mounted rocket launchers in their garages? Exactly who are these people who are behind the rebels in this Libyan civil war?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over