turtlespeed

About time the Wisconsin Senate went back to work

Uh oh . . . sounds like it might have been either underhanded, or the dem that showed up did so, as he did, to save face and to let the process go. He offered him up as a sacrificial lamb.

The conversation should be interesting from here on out

I wonder if the Dems will come back now and do their job?

They will come back.

My question is wether or not they will redo the vote to be sure.

The legal system will get involved. The meeting had less than 2 hours of notice, which is illegal by state law -- 24 hours notice is required, unless extraordinary circumstances apply. It remains to be seen if the law sees 3 weeks of protests as meeting the standard of the law as written.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

The legal system will get involved. The meeting had less than 2 hours of notice, which is illegal by state law -- 24 hours notice is required, unless extraordinary circumstances apply. It remains to be seen if the law sees 3 weeks of protests as meeting the standard of the law as written

Extraordinary circumstances...I wonder if the Dems not showing up to do their job counts.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

Uh oh . . . sounds like it might have been either underhanded, or the dem that showed up did so, as he did, to save face and to let the process go. He offered him up as a sacrificial lamb.

The conversation should be interesting from here on out

I wonder if the Dems will come back now and do their job?

They will come back.

My question is wether or not they will redo the vote to be sure.

The legal system will get involved. The meeting had less than 2 hours of notice, which is illegal by state law -- 24 hours notice is required, unless extraordinary circumstances apply. It remains to be seen if the law sees 3 weeks of protests as meeting the standard of the law as written.

That was a much better response than what Godwin would have provided . . . or did.[:/]

Thanks.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

They're representing their constituents the only way they were left. Wisconsin legislature doesn't allow filibusters, so denying a quorum to avoid a vote they knew they'd lose was the only way to politically say, "I disagree with this enough to piss you off."

Christ, what a mess.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Awwwwww... Maybe you cry about it. :(

Once again...

Amazon... being interviewed at 00:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouXB-tvUF4w

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

ESPECIALLY the dumb mutherfuckers who spent more time thinking with their little heads in school than they did... OR STILL DO ... about those lessons of history.

Psst... speaking of Hitler... do you know where Joseph Gerbils learned propaganda from?

Woodrow Wilson.

Thomas Sowell said, "Obama is the reincarnation of Woodrow Wilson, using FDR and Sal Alinsky tactics."

:o Uh oh... He's Black. :o And Libertarian :o He's against Affirmative Action too. :o

He must be a racist!

Comparing the stripping of PUBLIC sector (BENEFITS) Collective Bargaining to Hitler... is equally as dumb, as comparing the WI protesters to the Egyptian protesters.

Hilarious... :D

So ah, Federal employees don't have any collective bargaining rights... at all. Why isn't O-blah-ma (Man Cow - hehe - had to throw one in there just to piss you off) challenging that?

Why should state (PUBLIC) employees have it either...?

Don't like it? Go work in the private sector!

Psst... speaking of Hitler... do you know where Joseph Gerbils learned propaganda from?

Woodrow Wilson.

Thomas Sowell said, "Obama is the reincarnation of Woodrow Wilson, using FDR and Sal Alinsky tactics."

:o Uh oh... He's Black. :o And Libertarian :o He's against Affirmative Action too. :o

He must be a racist!

Comparing the stripping of PUBLIC sector (BENEFITS) Collective Bargaining to Hitler... is equally as dumb, as comparing the WI protesters to the Egyptian protesters.

So ah, Federal employees don't have any collective bargaining rights... at all. Why isn't O-blah-ma (Man Cow - hehe - had to throw one in there just to piss you off) challenging that?

I think you need a towel

I see you are a firm believer in "Godwin's Law". :P

I see you and your fellow travellers have no freakin clue about the right wing fascists and THEIR treatment of unions... what is old is new again... but Wisconsin does have a long history of flirting with the Ameican Bund. I see it is alive and well here in the 21st Century.

http://traces.org/americanbund.html

The Bund soon began to hold rallies filled with swastikas, Nazi salutes and the singing of German songs. The Bund created recreational camps such as Camp Siegfried in New York and Camp Nordland in New Jersey. It also established Camp Hindenburg in Wisconsin and the group met frequently in Milwaukee and Chicago beer halls.

Maybe the Guv.. can resurect the camp for his followers

Jeanne, where do you come up with this shit. For Pete's sake, just read the first two paragraphs of your own article.

Many Americans feared the presence of a German “Fifth Column” before World War II. In the case of the disorganized and poorly led American Bund, for the most part these fears ultimately proved unjustified.

After Hitler’s rise to power 1933, some German Americans formed groups to support the Nazi party in Germany and attempt to influence American politics. The most notorious of these groups was the “German-American Bund”, which tried to model itself as an American arm of Hitler’s Third Reich. Although these groups wore uniforms and touted swastikas, in reality they had few ties to Nazi Germany and their support among the larger German-American community was minimal. Nevertheless, the group strongly promoted hatred for Jews and strove to bring Nazi-style fascism to the United States.

The bund was a few thousand loud mouthed morons spewing hate and venom. They were a joke. They were never even as influential as the morons in the KKK. Your article says what, nine thousand or so? Just because some schmuck buys or rents some land for his little racist retreat in a certain state, that doesn't mean the state has anything to do with his idiocy. Your own source article says that the cretins created more I'll will towards Germany and the Nazis than they did towards anyone else.

What's next, are you going to tell us how New Jersey and New York are bastions of right wing ideology just waiting to institute fascism? :S
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Woodrow Wilson.

He must be a racist!

And since FDR was brought up again

http://www2.hernandotoday.com/content/2010/oct/17/ha-fdrs-warning-public-employee-unions-a-no-no/
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

"We have confirmed with the Legislative Fiscal Bureau, the Legislative Council and the Legislative Reference Bureau that every item in tonight's bill follows the letter of the law.

"The people of Wisconsin elected us to come to Madison and do a job. Just because the Senate Democrats won't do theirs, doesn't mean we won't do ours."

http://www.wqow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14221624
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln