turtlespeed

About time the Wisconsin Senate went back to work

I'm curious, what is the difference in pay for a Wisconsan teacher that has to contribute to his/her own health/retirement bennifits if they don't have to pay union dues?

Or do union dues equal the additional amount they may be required to pay?

James

I'm curious, what is the difference in pay for a Wisconsan teacher that has to contribute to his/her own health/retirement bennifits if they don't have to pay union dues?

James

I don't know. I wonder how the senators are paying for their vacation.
I have heard rumors that they are using campaign funds to do that.

I would like to see this come to fruition.

I particularly like this sentence: "Once the senators do return, Fitzgerald said they could face reprimand, censure or even expulsion."
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

James

the average teacher in WI (they are all union by rule) makes 102k in total compensation

they ALL have to pay union dues in WI

It is not a right to work state
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

the average teacher in WI (they are all union by rule) makes 102k in total compensation

Do you have a source for that? I'm highly skeptical of that number.

Don

Do you have a source for that? I'm highly skeptical of that number.

Don

A place to start

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/117408798.html
Abraham Lincoln

James

I'm just wondering if they did not have to pay union dues if the savings would cover the increase in healthcare/retirement cost they are possibly facing?

Does the new legislation allow for union opt out?

James

James

I'm just wondering if they did not have to pay union dues if the savings would cover the increase in healthcare/retirement cost they are possibly facing?

Does the new legislation allow for union opt out?

James

I cant say for sure but
All this new law is supposed to do is remove benefits of public works out of the collective bargaining area. Wages would still be negotiated

Dues would still be paid as the union will still exist.

I do not know what the dues are so I can not answer your other question Sorry
Abraham Lincoln

Two things about the politifact article jump out at me:

1. They said that Rand Paul didn't tell the truth when he quoted the figure originally, but had to eventually come clean when more groups got involved. Politifacts does lean left, despite what some people may claim.

2. Wisconsin teachers get $59,000 in pay and $41,000 in benefits. Seriously? $41,000 in benefits? Do they get a new car to shuttle them back and forth to their doctors appointments? What benefits cost $41,000 a year?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Two things about the politifact article jump out at me:

1. They said that Rand Paul didn't tell the truth when he quoted the figure originally, but had to eventually come clean when more groups got involved. Politifacts does lean left, despite what some people may claim.

2. Wisconsin teachers get $59,000 in pay and $41,000 in benefits. Seriously? $41,000 in benefits? Do they get a new car to shuttle them back and forth to their doctors appointments? What benefits cost $41,000 a year?

As I understand it the health program costs 20K per year

They pay nothing for it

So the WI law is to have them pay some percentage of retirement and health programs and then take them off the negociations table
Abraham Lincoln

I particularly like this sentence: "Once the senators do return, Fitzgerald said they could face reprimand, censure or even expulsion."

I particularly likE this voice of reason:

"The Wisconsin Professional Police Association, a union representing 11,000 law enforcement officials from across the state, released a statement from its director Jim Palmer slamming the Senate Republicans' resolution to go after the Democrats.

"The thought of using law enforcement officers to exercise force in order to achieve a political objective is insanely wrong and Wisconsin sorely needs reasonable solutions and not potentially dangerous political theatrics," Palmer said."
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I particularly likE this voice of reason:

"The Wisconsin Professional Police Association, a union representing 11,000 law enforcement officials from across the state, released a statement from its director Jim Palmer slamming the Senate Republicans' resolution to go after the Democrats.

"The thought of using law enforcement officers to exercise force in order to achieve a political objective is insanely wrong and Wisconsin sorely needs reasonable solutions and not potentially dangerous political theatrics," Palmer said."

If the senators are doing somethjoing illegal - which their actions haven been shown to be - they should be made to comply with the law.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

If the senators are doing somethjoing illegal - which their actions haven been shown to be - they should be made to comply with the law.

Look, it's simple:

Now that Presidents are pretending they are the Supreme Court; and courts are pretending they are legislatures; and legislators are pretending to be infant clowns;....

then it's high time that policemen get to pick and choose which laws they enforce based on their personal political preferences and union loyalties

it's a brave new world - one in which everyone is thinking about the children,.....except the children, they are thinking about recess,....and pie

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Look, it's simple:

Now that Presidents are pretending they are the Supreme Court; and courts are pretending they are legislatures; and legislators are pretending to be infant clowns;....

then it's high time that policemen get to pick and choose which laws they enforce based on their personal political preferences and union loyalties

it's a brave new world - one in which everyone is thinking about the children,.....except the children, they are thinking about recess,....and pie

What? They don't like candy any more?

Look, it's simple:

We need to get rid of recess, the children should be learning. We also need to get rid of pie, the children are becoming obese. Think of the children!
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

We need to get rid of recess, the children should be learning. We also need to get rid of pie, the children are becoming obese. Think of the children!

but you aren't thinking the children that can't afford pie.

1st - we establish a tax and program that provides FREE pie to underprivileged children.

2nd - THEN we prohibit pie for the sake of health reasons - except for underprivileged children, you can't take away the societal pie entitlement - that would be sexist, or racist, or something-ist (I'm not sure which, but I'm sure it's something or the other).

3rd - establish a "guns for pie" initiative to get dangerous carbohydrates off the street. Oops, my mistake... I meant "pies for guns". If someone doesn't have a gun, we have government provide FREE guns for those that can't afford them. If someone doesn't come and trade for their pie, then we can just deliver the pie directly to where ever the GPS tells us the pieless waif is located.

PIE for everyone (everyone I think should get pie anyway).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Wrong.
Read the first 3 paragraphs: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/wisconsin-senate-may-order-police-bring
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

but you aren't thinking the children that can't afford pie.

1st - we establish a tax and program that provides FREE pie to underprivileged children.

2nd - THEN we prohibit pie for the sake of health reasons - except for underprivileged children, you can't take away the societal pie entitlement - that would be sexist, or racist, or something-ist (I'm not sure which, but I'm sure it's something or the other).

3rd - establish a "guns for pie" initiative to get dangerous carbohydrates off the street. Oops, my mistake... I meant "pies for guns". If someone doesn't have a gun, we have government provide FREE guns for those that can't afford them. If someone doesn't come and trade for their pie, then we can just deliver the pie directly to where ever the GPS tells us the pieless waif is located.

PIE for everyone (everyone I think should get pie anyway).

I think you're getting somewhere. We give everyone pies, then we have them trade the pies for guns, and then we sell them bullets and make a ton of money!
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I don't believe anything in that article. It mentions the 41 rounds of .22 ammo found near the statehouse, and rushmc has already said that no media outlet would report that. It must be from the Onion.

- Dan G

Uh oh . . . sounds like it might have been either underhanded, or the dem that showed up did so, as he did, to save face and to let the process go. He offered him up as a sacrificial lamb.

Uh oh . . . sounds like it might have been either underhanded, or the dem that showed up did so, as he did, to save face and to let the process go. He offered him up as a sacrificial lamb.

The conversation should be interesting from here on out

I wonder if the Dems will come back now and do their job?
Abraham Lincoln

They will come back.

My question is wether or not they will redo the vote to be sure.

They will come back.

My question is wether or not they will redo the vote to be sure.

Adolph is SOOOO proud of you and his other fellow travellers.

http://www.crusader.net/texts/mk/mkv2ch12.html