wmw999

Generic "some politician said something goat-fuck stupid" thread

A classic

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Here's a really good example. Not only did he say something goat-fick stupid, he out it in a bill.

Photographing cows or other farm scenery could land you in jail under Senate bill

Taking photographs from the roadside of a sunrise over hay bales near the Suwannee River, horses grazing near Ocala or sunset over citrus groves along the Indian River could land you in jail under a Senate bill filed Monday.

SB 1246 by Sen. Jim Norman, R-Tampa, would make it a first-degree felony to photograph a farm without first obtaining written permission from the owner. A farm is defined as any land "cultivated for the purpose of agricultural production, the raising and breeding of domestic animals or the storage of a commodity."

Media law experts say the ban would violate freedoms protected in the U. S. Constitution. But Wilton Simpson, a farmer who lives in Norman's district, said the bill is needed to protect the property rights of farmers and the "intellectual property" involving farm operations.
snip

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

That's a really great example. "Not thinking through the consequences" comes to mind.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Enjoying life, Mike, prepping to move to DC. :)
Rainy day here in San Diego so I logged in here on a whim. Got a kick out of Wendy's thread title. Looks like you, Kennedy & Bill Rehm are still agitating the hell out of left wing wackos. :D

Going to workout then go enjoy the evening. Hope all's well in your world - same for the rest of my old DZ.com friends, even the misguided liberals. Might have to come banter a bit sometime.

Cheers,

Vinny
:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

"We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. And I think now, isn't that ironic?" --Sarah Palin, admitting that her family used to get treatment in Canada's single-payer health care system, despite having demonized such government-run programs as socialized medicine that will lead to death-panel-like rationing, March 6, 2010

Rehm are still agitating the hell out of left wing wackos. :D

I don't agitate, I mock.

and there's enough agitated wackos on both sides here to mock - it's very binary here - kinda tiring, but target rich

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants