wmw999

Generic "some politician said something goat-fuck stupid" thread

Just thought I'd put a placeholder in here. That way we don't need a new thread for each opportunity. Kind of like BillyVance's "sick and twisted" thread in Bonfire.

Only the pictures are mental.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Cool. Here's an entry (and it's non-partisan, too!):

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/25/canada.judge.comments/index.html?hpt=T2

Canadian judge under review for controversial remarks in sex case
By the CNN Wire Staff
February 25, 2011 8:33 p.m. EST

(CNN) -- A Canadian judge whose controversial ruling and remarks in a sexual assault case sparked outrage is being investigated by the Canadian court system, a website statement said Friday.

Last week, Manitoba Justice Robert Dewar sentenced 40-year-old Kenneth Rhodes to a two year conditional sentence to be served at home for raping a 26-year-old woman.

That sentence, along with comments by Dewar which suggested that there was "sex in the air," have led to several complaints from the victim and the public.

http://www.keyt.com/news/local/Lawmaker-Says-Rape-Victims-Should-be-Refered-to-as-Accusers-116615758.html

Lawmaker Says Rape Victims Should be Referred to as "Accusers"
KEYT Assignment Desk

Story Created: Feb 21, 2011 at 1:23 PM PST

Story Updated: Feb 21, 2011 at 7:38 PM PST
A Georgia lawmaker is proposing legislation that would redefine the term "victim" when it comes to rape and other domestic violence cases.

Republican Georgia State Representative Bobby Franklin says it's unfair to call someone a victim until there's a conviction in the case. He wants to have victims labeled as "accusers" when it comes to sexual assault and domestic violence cases in his state.

I figure, given the target field (ooh! ooh! potential gun reference!), this thread will quickly pass BillyV's for number of posts :)

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

With everything video'd and recorded nowadays, they're not exactly hard to find.

''I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go.''

—Barack Obama, at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon, May 9, 2008

''Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.''

—Marion Barry, mayor of Washington, D.C.

''I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.''

—Sarah Palin

''I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence.''

—Rep. Michele Bachmann , on the 1976 Swine Flu outbreak that happened when Gerald Ford was president, April 28, 2009

''The Cambridge police acted stupidly.''

—President Barack Obama

''I hope that's not where we're going, but you know if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies and saying my goodness what can we do to turn this country around? I'll tell you the first thing we need to do is take Harry Reid out.''

—Sharron Angle, the Tea Party candidate who won the Republican nomination in Nevada's Senate primary, floating the possibility of armed insurrection, interview with right-wing talk radio host Lars Larson in Portland, OR, January 2010

''It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.''

—Barack Obama, explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

That one's more marginal. Since I am the final arbiter of goat-fuck stupid statements (I have a large body of experience in uttering them), my decision is final.
:P

Me, in my meeting, I'd've reacted. Miss Manners taught me how :)

Wendy P.

"Stand up, Chuck! Let 'em see ya!" - Joe Biden to wheelchair-bound Missouri State Senator Chuck Graham - 2008

''If you don't hold us accountable, we'll do some real bad things in Washington, D.C.'' - Sen. John Ensign (before his affair with the wife of his Chief of Staff was discovered)

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." - Pres. Obama, Jan. 2010

''My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.'' - Rep. Hank Johnson on US military presence on Guam

"We had no domestic attacks under Bush. We've had one under Obama." - Rudy Giuliani on terrorist attacks.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It's a target-rich environment, I tell ya. Take human beings that folks disagree with, give them 24-hour-a-day recording of what they say in public or semi-public, and wait. It'll happen.

Lucky for me no one records what I say all the time.

Wendy P.

"The holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history.… No, not our nation's, but in World War II. I mean, we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century, but in this century's history"

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future"

[To a meeting of the the United Negro College Fund, whose slogan is "A mind is a terrible thing to waste,"] "You take the UNCF model that what a waste it is to lose one's mind or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

-Vice President of the United States Dan Quayle

There's no where near enough room here.

With the exception of the Iraq-Poodle fiasco - which I'll grant you - Blair is pretty well thought-of outside the UK for being intelligent and articulate. So for the sake of us foreigners, give examples, please.

ETA - you posted #16 while I was typing #17.

That being said, is that all you got? Pull your weight around here, squaddie.

There's no where near enough room here.

With the exception of the Iraq-Poodle fiasco - which I'll grant you - Blair is pretty well thought-of outside the UK for being intelligent and articulate. So for the sake of us foreigners, give examples, please.

ETA - you posted #16 while I was typing #17.

That being said, is that all you got? Pull your weight around here, squaddie.

I was never a squadie - Air Force me.... not a crap hat squaddie.

And just because folks outside of the U.K fell for his empty smarm - tells us so much about them!!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

That one's more marginal. Since I am the final arbiter of goat-fuck stupid statements (I have a large body of experience in uttering them), my decision is final.
:P

Me, in my meeting, I'd've reacted. Miss Manners taught me how :)

Wendy P.

YA:)
I vote Wendy to be the arbitor!!!B|
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Well, I'm telling them two things. One is that, look, this is going to be something when the American people realize - once it's passed - that, A, it does take care of preexisting conditions; B, you're insurance rates aren't going to skyrocket; C, the insurance companies aren't going to be running the show like they were before; D, you're going to be in a position where you can keep your insurance that you have. That once the American public realizes that, you're going to get a reward for this. They're going to be rewarded.
Joe Biden
Abraham Lincoln

Now, people when I say that look at me and say, 'What are you talking about, Joe? You're telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?'. The answer is yes, that's what I'm telling you.
Joe Biden
Abraham Lincoln

Now, people when I say that look at me and say, 'What are you talking about, Joe? You're telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?'. The answer is yes, that's what I'm telling you.
Joe Biden
Abraham Lincoln

LMFAO. I log into DZ.com for the first time in quite a while and find Wendy has used my beloved 'goat fuck stupid' epithet in a thread title.

B|

From the discourse, much hasn't changed since I last logged in...

B|:S:PB|

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

This is a good one

America will be far safer if we reduce the chances of a terrorist attack in one of our cities than if we diminish the civil liberties of our own people.
Nancy Pelosi
Abraham Lincoln