popsjumper

SS Admin and Divorce Question

OK..I went on-line to file for social security and what do I find...

Questions and more questions to answer...no answer, no filing.

I have not called them yet and I plan to do so. I'm asking so that I might have some info before I do the 47-number punch and the 3-hour wait to get a real-live person that hopefully resides in the U.S.

Has anyone run into this and how did YOU handle it?

Questions about the divorce...
-ex's SSN
-ex's DOB
-more ex-related crap.

There is no way in hell she would provide any answers even if I could find her and call her. Hell, she may even be dead by now, who knows.

Going postal wouldn't be out of the question if they deny me based on not being able to provide that shit.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I have not called them yet and I plan to do so. I'm asking so that I might have some info before I do the 47-number punch and the 3-hour wait to get a real-live person that hopefully resides in the U.S.

-ex's SSN
-ex's DOB
-more ex-related crap.

There is no way in hell she would provide any answers even if I could find her and call her. Hell, she may even be dead by now, who knows.

Going postal wouldn't be out of the question if they deny me based on not being able to provide that shit.

When I applied for my SS two years ago, I was not asked any questions concerning my two ex-wives.

It is my understanding, if you were married ten years or more, your ex-wife can claim her SS on your income if she is single.

Another interesting SS quirk, assuming the ten year stipulation, if a woman retires and is married to a subsequent spouse, she draws on her income. If her husband dies or they are divorced she can draw on his income or her previous husband's income if it is a greater amount.

Here is the game play, woman divorces subsequent husband and files on previous husband for SS increase. Once approved, she can then remarry subsequent husband and retain the higher rate.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Same situation as Ron, was never asked any question about exes. I applied in person and from walking in the door until leaving the whole proceedure took maybe 15 minutes. The entire transaction was much easier than registering a car at DMV and the person I dealt with was a real, English speaking 'merican.:D

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

-ex's SSN
-ex's DOB
-more ex-related crap.

When I went to the SSA after my wife died, they made an appointment, I went, they were on time, and dealt with all the issues very effectively. YMMV but they exceeded my expectations.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Thanks, everyone.
I'll round up tax forms and make an appointment to just go to the office instead of fighting on-line gizmos and answering machines.

*head slap*
Duh, eh?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239