wayneflorida

High School Wrestler Forfeits Match Against a Girl, In Iowa State Tournament on Principle

If'n there's a woman involved but NO MUD - it's not a spectator sport:)

Now what do you Brits have against jello?[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

If'n there's a woman involved but NO MUD - it's not a spectator sport:)

Now what do you Brits have against jello?[:/]

They must know him.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'll bet you'd look pretty silly if that "pussy" unleashed 112 pounds of sinewy whoop-ass on you. ;)
You don't get to the Iowa State wresting tourney by being a pussy. Those kids eat pain for breakfast and shit their own intestines out to make weight.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I'll bet you'd look pretty silly if that "pussy" unleashed 112 pounds of sinewy whoop-ass on you. ;)
You don't get to the Iowa State wresting tourney by being a pussy. Those kids eat pain for breakfast and shit their own intestines out to make weight.

Whatever! When I was that age I'd have paid to be allowed to wrestle a girl.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

When I was that age I was wrestling girls in the backseat of a '75 Chevy Caprice...for free! ;)
HAMMER:

Too easy . . WAY TOO EASY . . .

Carry on.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

As long as the decision and the feelings behind it truly were his feelings, so be it, good for him. If the feelings that he expressed were really dad telling him what he needed to do so that he didn't risk having a son that got beat by a girl than it's a whole different story. From the several stories I've read it sounds like the kid really did make the decision, and I hope that is true.

It's a moot point now since she lost, but when I first read about it I really only felt for the girl. If she had gone on to win then it would have been a win with an asterisk as she had not truly beaten all opponents. I would hate for her to get that far and have people belittle the achievement due to the way it happened.
Killing threads since 2004.

My point being, the kid also used the phrase "and my faith". You don't quote it, but he said it.

?? I didn't have to...your reference to it was included in my reply...

it seems as though his bias is at least somewhat directly influenced by his "faith"

And I already explained that his faith suggests that he not violate his conscience, not to avoid wrestling women.

Why do you consider it brainwashing when a man does not want to wrestle a woman because of it's vilolet nature? Is it only brainwashing if he is a christian, but completly acceptably if he's an athiest?

Why are you so loath to acknowledge that?

Why are you so loath to acknowledge that you have dug yourself into a hole and should probaly just stop digging? Didn't you already concede?

If not, here, let me help you find what you're looking for:

http://www.fws.gov/swlarefugecomplex/cleanup/images/crane-specialize-bucket.jpg
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Please read my post 36.

I read your post. I read it before I posted. I just felt I couldn't let you off the hook before getting a shot in.
I figure we is even now. ;)

HAMMER:

Under that logic there'd be no football allowed.

Football is manadory to be co-ed?

Why can't they just have a womens wrestling?

This rings just like the girls wanting to be Boy Scouts.

HEY! I always wanted to be in the boy scouts when i was a kid because my brother got to do cool stuff like go backpacking, canoeing, hunting, etc.

The girl scouts "camped" in platform tents and cooked and made crafts. zzzzzz.....boring!
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

If the girl wants to wrestle against male opponents, let her wrestle. If she is good enough to beat them, she is good enough to beat them. If she is not good enough, oh well. Despite what the PC peeps think, in sports ... for every winner there is one or more losers.

The girls signed up for it, knowing what it entails. So personally, I don't see the honor in refusing to compete with her. Treat her as an equal.

From a woman's perspective: +1! I'd be pissed if I'd trained hard and the guy refused to see me as a worthy opponent. I wonder, if the ways in which wrestlers grab each other is such a problem when wrestling a girl, how do those situations register in his head when he's up against another guy? I'm not criticizing, just asking. I'm always curious about how the human mind works.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

If the girl wants to wrestle against male opponents, let her wrestle. If she is good enough to beat them, she is good enough to beat them. If she is not good enough, oh well. Despite what the PC peeps think, in sports ... for every winner there is one or more losers.

The girls signed up for it, knowing what it entails. So personally, I don't see the honor in refusing to compete with her. Treat her as an equal.

From a woman's perspective: +1! I'd be pissed if I'd trained hard and the guy refused to see me as a worthy opponent. I wonder, if the ways in which wrestlers grab each other is such a problem when wrestling a girl, how do those situations register in his head when he's up against another guy? I'm not criticizing, just asking. I'm always curious about how the human mind works.

When I was that age, if I were to wrestle with a girl, public competition or not, it would have been really embarssing, they don't make cups in that size or shape.:|

When I was that age, if I were to wrestle with a girl, public competition or not, it would have been really embarssing, they don't make cups in that size or shape.:|

Okay, good point. Two words: bike shorts.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Okay, good point. Two words: bike shorts.

Sure - that'll work.:D

Good for him. Beat/lost to a girl issue notwithstanding, being uncompromising in his values is a commendable thing. My values may be different, but so long as he harms no one else, he should follow his heart.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)