dreamdancer

Why It's Not a 'Safe Bet' to Believe In God

You mean like the Imams that are persecuted for speaking out against the extremist views of their own religion?

The former Cassius Clay won a unanimous decision in the most important fight of his career.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

You mean like the Imams that are persecuted for speaking out against the extremist views of their own religion?

The former Cassius Clay won a unanimous decision in the most important fight of his career.

relevance?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Speak for yourself...

Stop projecting your childhood onto everybody else.

I would say use logic to come to a conclusion, but I know how logic is the enemy to you Christians, so I shan't expect you to use it.

You can argue that it's not true, but even you yourself will know that it is, despite the front you'll put on to try make me seem wrong.

Religious ideals are pushed onto children in so many cases, and when it isn't pushed on by the parents it's pushed on by the schools and society. If this wasn't the case, religion wouldn't be so neatly packaged in geographic areas. If people came to be 'enlightened' by a religion by themselves then religions would be split fairly equally. Yet somehow magically, Christianity is more prevalent where it was pushed onto people and where it's been historically taught in schools as the 'right religion' and society. The same goes for Islam in the middle eastern countries. Or what, do you think that none of them have ever heard about Christianity?

As for people taking up religion, I've gotten into a lot of religious conversations outside of the interwebs. And you wouldn't believe how many people use a line such as 'I just can't believe that everything is chance and that we just rot when we die'. More than half of the people who I've communicated to about Christianity, they've clearly shown that they find the Atheist form of death too horrid to want to believe, and so they hope and seek comfort in something that offers an alternative.

One doesn't need a crystal ball to see this, merely a working brain.

even you yourself will know that it is, despite the front you'll put on to try make me seem wrong.

Check to see if your crystal ball needs new batteries and then ask it if it cites it's sorces and provides examples to back up it's claims.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

If I am wrong, and only you will know. Maybe I merely expect too much from the way other people think.

Back up your claims...

Simple.

*edit*

Seriously....can you provide any thing substantial?

Or am I gonna have to conclude that your posts are just repressed memories?

C'mon man...give me something...:S

i think i've said that not too long ago, as long as you leave me alone, why should i care what you believe in?

If that's the case, why are you expending so much energy running down the religious?

if you beat the shit out of someone, or just put someone down with words, you're the way worse person than a peaceful atheist.

So, why do you run down the religious, then?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Seems to me that coming back to life might be a stronger message.:)

Not really because he'd already shown that any bozo (even Lazarus) could come back from the dead.

Face it--scripture provides very clear job reqs for the Jewish Moshiach--things like rebuilding the Temple and establishing world peace. Jesus wouldn't have even gotten a phone interview for that job.

I think that there is more than enough evidence in history to show that Jesus was a remarkable person. Face it he has had a bigger impact on the world than virtually anyone else.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

And, the answer to my question is?

in the words i have written. you must read again until you understand...

He has yet to answer many of the questions I have posed in the past.
Modus Operandi . . . it's how he rolls.
He's too ****** to answer because he knows his point is so invalid, you cannot argue it reasonably.
(word removed to avoid reality based, truth based, banning)

That is what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

so you still don't understand...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

even you yourself will know that it is, despite the front you'll put on to try make me seem wrong.

Check to see if your crystal ball needs new batteries and then ask it if it cites it's sorces and provides examples to back up it's claims.

you don't need a crystal ball - a working brain can easily understand that there is nothing to god. if you don't have that simple source - your loss...

I'm sittin' here chuckling at all the bozos getting their panties in a wad worrying about what somebody else believes in, or doesn't believe in....like it's any of your business.

Take up knitting, it's much more relaxing and less annoying. You could knit yourself some new panties!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I gave you something, I gave you a whole reason why demographics prove that Christianity is passed from parenting or through social pressures and not through a sudden enlightenment...

What do you want sources of to prove my point?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Prevailing_world_religions_map.png

That tends to show it quite well, and if you can't work out the relevance of the discussion by viewing that, then you don't even deserve to be debating this.

I'm sittin' here chuckling at all the bozos getting their panties in a wad worrying about what somebody else believes in, or doesn't believe in....like it's any of your business.

It won't be my business when Church and State are completely separated and when religious people no longer seek to ban books of science from schools. Then and only then won't it be other's business.

It won't be my business when Church and State are completely separated and when religious people no longer seek to ban books of science from schools. Then and only then won't it be other's business.

You're confusing political issues with religious ones.
You're not going to kill religion (religious issue) but you might be able to convince someone not to ban your book (political issue).
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

It's not merely political, it's highly religious too. And that's the problem, the two are intertwined. If it were not for religions hold on society this wouldn't be an issue. But religion is far too intertwined with politics for anyone who is not a believer to not be forced into a religious society.

Look at everything from national anthems to money... Just about everything in society revolves around the idea that one must believe in God. And while I don't feel like getting into that whole discussion again, the point remains in clear view that it's definitely not 'no ones business', when they constantly have God shoved down their throats.

It's supposed to be freedom of religion and freedom from religion, thus far the first part is pretty common. God is still everywhere in politics, making no one free from it, and rather bombarded by it. Once again, not a political issue since religion seems to run politics. Imagine the outcries to an openly atheist president, MY GOD! Just think of how many children he'll kill when he runs through the streets with his chainsaw and screaming his satanic words of evolution!

It's ironic. He could save others from death...but not himself.

Jesus knew he was born to die as the ultimate sacrifice for man's sin. His blood would cover all for all time. Thus His death provides the atonement for spiritual life. We are born into spiritual death. Spiritual life is a gift for those who accept it.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Christianity is passed from parenting or through social pressures and not through a sudden enlightenment...

Not in my experience. My belief came suddenly and completely. Then I began the journey of working out my salvation.

Philippians 2:12
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

It's not merely political, it's highly religious too. And that's the problem, the two are intertwined. If it were not for religions hold on society this wouldn't be an issue. But religion is far too intertwined with politics for anyone who is not a believer to not be forced into a religious society.

So, you can show where people are being forced into church at gunpoint, yes?

Thought not.

It's supposed to be freedom of religion

Correct.

and freedom from religion

Cite.

God is still everywhere in politics, making no one free from it, and rather bombarded by it.

So, you can show the bills with justifications of "God wills it", yes?

Thought not.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Christianity is passed from parenting or through social pressures and not through a sudden enlightenment...

Not in my experience. My belief came suddenly and completely.

but your culture's religion is christianity - why not a sudden belief in allah?

No one said anything about forced at gunpoint, nor did I mention church. I said a religious society, and you need only look at the religious demographics to tell that it is a religious society in both your country and mine. And since people expected to recite the pledge of allegiance (and in many cases forced), and it references God. Don't think you'd be too pleased if you were forced to recite something that praised Allah.

As for freedom from religion, so you're disagreeing with that statement then? (I see no other reason to ask for citation) Good to know, now you can't complain when Muslims build their churches in your back yard or put up giant billboards promoting Islam. By 'supposed to be', I wasn't referencing any human rights, I was simply stating what makes some sense. Though it appears you support the idea of religion being shoved down your throat.

So, you can show the bills with justifications of "God wills it", yes?

Politicians may be sly and underhanded- but they're not stupid.

Take up knitting, it's much more relaxing and less annoying. You could knit yourself some new panties!

Absolutely.

But dem knitting needles are very dangerous.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Not in my experience. My belief came suddenly and completely.

but your culture's religion is christianity - why not a sudden belief in allah?

I had a sudden belief in buhdda, and then a sudden belief in no God, but I could only lie to myself for so long.