Another Fine Example of the "Religion of Peace"

BTW it's NOT typical to place a comma before an and.

It often denotes that the 1st phrase has ended and the 2nd tacked on as an after thought. Typically, you would rewrite the sentence, but who cares:P

Who taught you English?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Which by the way, your above statement should read "Besides, I was pointing out spelling..." but nice try idiot.

You wrote that, published it to a website, and you have the gall to snipe at anyone's grammar?

Also, personal attacks are frowned upon by the admin and moderators of this website. Please refrain from using them. Particularly when you seem to be inviting others to comment on how they apply more to you than their target.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Which by the way, your above statement should read "Besides, I was pointing out spelling..." but nice try idiot.

You wrote that, published it to a website, and you have the gall to snipe at anyone's grammar?

Also, personal attacks are frowned upon by the admin and moderators of this website. Please refrain from using them. Particularly when you seem to be inviting others to comment on how they apply more to you than their target.

Not to mention, he was wrong!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Yeah, and flat tops are frowned upon by anyone that is not still living in 1983.
Moriuntur omnes, sed non omnes vixerunt.

Talk about thread drift (I was going to say "creep", but someone might interpret that as a personal attack).

edit to add - having a pithy Latin quote in one's sig line doesn't make one smart. "Te futueo et caballum tuum".

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

...And while we are on the topic of the so-called "Religion of Peace (TM)"...

I was visiting with some expat friends this weekend, one of whom is an art teacher.

She told me that the art history textbooks were worse than nothing, because the government had gone through them and blacked out any nudity.

Imagine if you're an art (or medical) student in a muslim country. How are you supposed to learn anything when your own government considers nudity a threat? Allah forbid that someone might see an example of Greco-Roman sculpture? Who knows what impure thoughts might arise?

It's no wonder they are so backward, and why they hate us so.

mh

I was visiting with some expat friends this weekend, one of whom is an art teacher.

She told me that the art history textbooks were worse than nothing, because the government had gone through them and blacked out any nudity.

Imagine if you're an art (or medical) student in a muslim country. How are you supposed to learn anything when your own government considers nudity a threat? Allah forbid that someone might see an example of Greco-Roman sculpture? Who knows what impure thoughts might arise?

mh

When was the last time you saw a tit on network TV in the USA??

Janet Jackson????? Look at the shitstorm THAT brought on from the American Taliban

mh

When was the last time you saw a tit on network TV in the USA??

Janet Jackson????? Look at the shitstorm THAT brought on from the American Taliban

Wasn't discussing broadcast entertainment media. Was discussing academia.

Subscribe to cable in the USA and you can see all the tits you want and then some. Oddly enough, that is possible over here as well (with a leased [or bootleg] decoder, it is possible to see naughty channels in all their fleshy glory. I find it surprising that Hadjii doesn't jam it all).

mh

Just pointing out that we have lots of those who wish to implement a theocracy here.... that nudity is threatening and appalling to.

...and they cut off the noses and ears of women?

In the USA, any public expression of religious thought or behavior is quickly and loudly condemned. There is a legal organization dedicated to the sole purpose of stamping it out. You know this to be true.

mh

Just pointing out that we have lots of those who wish to implement a theocracy here.... that nudity is threatening and appalling to.

...and they cut off the noses and ears of women?

In the USA, any public expression of religious thought or behavior is quickly and loudly condemned. There is a legal organization dedicated to the sole purpose of stamping it out. You know this to be true.

mh

Ah yes.. women in this country are so valued and safe from violence.
Mark... pull your head out.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/violence-against-women/violence-against-women---a-fact-sheet/page.do?id=1108440

I prefer having a secular government.. and not a theocratic one.. I saw first hand what a theocracy is like. I would have thought you too would not like to live in a theocracy.. yet you support those who wish to bring that to fruition here.

mh

How is that any different from something like this http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/01/29/statues.htm
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Using the following comment as an wxample,

To say that Christianity was not spread by the sword is ignorant...

:D:D:D
You guys sure have a penchant for throwing around the "ignorant" word considering you have no clue as to what anyone actually knows. Makes you feel superior, does it?
:D:D:D

Not at all my friend...I don't post here to feel superior, and that wasn't my intention.

yes, I know that...Dumbass me forgot to remove your name in the subject.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

are you sure he's just not pulling your leg or playing Devil's Advocate?

It doesn't matter...even if that's the case, the ignorant statement is still ignorant.;)

Sure it matters. Maybe you don't understand the meaning of the word?

Contrast and Compare:
Ignorant : Stupid

Not saying you are either. one so panties in a wad is not allowed here.
:D:D:P

I have no clue what everyone s arguing about.

No matter what religion, there will be some that are peace loving and some that are not.
BFD.

If you can convince a bunch of morons to believe in your imaginary friend, you can get them to do pretty much anything. It doesn't matter if the imaginary friend is named Jesus or Mohammad.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Wasn't discussing broadcast entertainment media. Was discussing academia.

AHHHH - Here is the issue!

Democrats cannot tell the difference between the two.
I would go so far as to suggest that they don't KNOW the difference and think they are all the same.

Edit: Not all of them - usually just the ones that speak out so fervently.

mh

How is that any different from something like this http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/01/29/statues.htm

Notice that the article bashes AG Ashcroft and takes a shot at the evil Meese.

Once again, this is not an academic setting. It's no wonder there are few Arab/muslim doctors in the entire world - they cannot serve half of their patients.

I think that (the article) is pretty silly though. Some people are apparently uncomfortable with being photographed in front of the statues. In a free society, that should be their choice. To make it policy, as the article appears to imply (but does not directly state), is just plain dumb, but then the article implies several things that are not true. I doubt even Pat Robertson and CBN U do anything as backward as blacking out textbooks. But with religious whackos, who can tell?

mh

Sure it matters. Maybe you don't understand the meaning of the word?

It's clear that you don't have the full definition of the word.

There is no reason to believe that a smart person can't make an ignorant statemnet.

That is called ignorance, and it's comming from a very intelligent person.

No matter what religion, there will be some that are peace loving and some that are not.

And there will be some that are completely oblivious and ignorant of what is actually going on...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

It's clear that you don't have the full definition of the word.

Ahhhh...you must mean one of the more obscure definitions.
- #3: Discourteous or rude
- #4: Easily angered

There is no reason to believe that a smart person can't make an ignorant statemnet.

I agree. Anyone can be knowledgeable in one area and not in others...I really don't know any knowledge Gods.

I was going by the most common definitions:
- #1: Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated
- @2: Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular

None of which you can say without knowing what the poster's knowledge, awareness, education or sophistication really is.

That is called ignorance, and it's comming from a very intelligent person.

I admit that I am ignorant on this because I just don't get it why people are arguing so much when the reality is that no religion is immune to the issues raised. The conversation has degenerated to "my religion is better than yours" and "no religion is better than any at all"; a stance like that just makes no sense to me. I guess you have to be a psychologist or psychiatrist to understand it.

And there will be some that are completely oblivious and ignorant of what is actually going on...

No doubt. I would be hesitant to call someone ignorant without knowing the truth of it (see #1, #2 common definitions).

Now on the other hand, telling someone that what they've written appears to be ignorance-based is something else. You may be entirely wrong but there you go.

And now that you mention it...
Besides, calling someone ignorant is, IMO, rude and discourteous even if it's true (see definition#3). There are many ways to point out an error in thinking/writing/speech without having to resort to rudeness.

Splitting hairs...I don't think so...but I may be wrong.
:D:D