Another Fine Example of the "Religion of Peace"

[we know better than to believe in the religious atheist crap that is pushed down our throats by brain dead 'believers non-believers...

back to you to justify your peculiar form of madness..

Doesn't sound so good anymore, does it?

You seem to be awfully set on pushing atheism down our collective throats. Why is that?

Why would anyone feel the need to justify anything to you. Are you setting yourself up to be an almighty judge or something?

You're coming across as a whining kid yelling, "Look at me! Look at me! I'm right. I'm right! And you're a bozo!"

at least in your case, he's right! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

This is exactly what I'm talking about: a self-appointed arbiter of every aspect of everyone else's lives - the unholy koran personified.

This is the true face of islam - the rigid domination of thought and reason, stripped bare and crammed into one-size-fits-all dogma.

Yes, like the Pope, but at least the Pope won't order the deaths of anyone for disagreeing with holy writ as was true centuries past. The light of Reason permeates the West, and the church is no longer the state, and has not been for a long, long, long time. Too bad this cocksucker doesn't have a clue.

mh

edit for grammar
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

NOT about brutalizing anyone who would not "submit"

sound familiar? i.e. you will burn in hell if you reject christ.

ps - Your spelling and grammar are poor.

That is usually what people resort to when they can't counter a point. Keep correct peoples grammar on the internet chief, that really shows how superior you are.
Moriuntur omnes, sed non omnes vixerunt.

..... Reason........ West, and the church is no longer the state, and has not been for a long, long, long time. Too bad this cocksucker doesn't have a clue.

Reason is capitalized, West is also, there is also a comma after state, know as the Harvard comma, you used it in the wrong context.

edit for grammar

[:/]

PS - jesus isn't real.

..... Reason........ West, and the church is no longer the state, and has not been for a long, long, long time. Too bad this cocksucker doesn't have a clue.

Reason is capitalized, West is also, there is also a comma after state, know as the Harvard comma, you used it in the wrong context.

edit for grammar

PS - jesus isn't real.

Then who cuts the grass across the street?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Nothing in the record shows that Yeshua bar Yosef ever so much as raised a hand to anyone.

mh

To say that Christianity was not spread by the sword is ignorant and inaccurate.

Jesus himself was not recorded as being violent in getting his word around, but the man most responsible for the spread of Christianity as a world religion -- Emperor Constantine (the Muhammad of Christianity) -- was as bloodthirsty a conqueror as they come.

Weren't it for him and his violent takeover of the Roman Empire, and his adoption of the Christian religion for political expediency, Christianity may not have become a major world religion. Nor would it be the Christianity as we know it today -- after a number of violent intra-Christian persecutions against the Donatists and Arianists, he established the common Christian doctrine of the trinity as the result of his Council of Nicea.

Oh, and Constantine ordered the deaths of both his son and his wife -- an act not dissimilar to the honor killing that you're pointing out. So much for your religion of peace.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Sure it was. And just to dump and run, I'm sure the answer from folks who disagree with you is that that doesn't happen anymore, and hasn't for a long time, while it's still going on today for the cretins who are "in charge" of Islam.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Nothing in the record shows that Yeshua bar Yosef ever so much as raised a hand to anyone.

mh

To say that Christianity was not spread by the sword is ignorant and inaccurate.

Jesus himself was not recorded as being violent in getting his word around, but the man most responsible for the spread of Christianity as a world religion -- Emperor Constantine (the Muhammad of Christianity) -- was as bloodthirsty a conqueror as they come.

Weren't it for him and his violent takeover of the Roman Empire, and his adoption of the Christian religion for political expediency, Christianity may not have become a major world religion. Nor would it be the Christianity as we know it today -- after a number of violent intra-Christian persecutions against the Donatists and Arianists, he established the common Christian doctrine of the trinity as the result of his Council of Nicea.

Oh, and Constantine ordered the deaths of both his son and his wife -- an act not dissimilar to the honor killing that you're pointing out. So much for your religion of peace.

+1

It's one of the reasons why I'm a stong advocate for the seperation of church and state.

Also, you have to remember there is a reason some christians are called protestants.;)

*Edit*

As for the Trinity, you don't need the council of Nicea to recognize the concept of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

As for the Trinity, you don't need the council of Nicea to recognize the concept of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit...

Wrong.

Sh'ma Yis'ra'eil Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad.

This concept of the trinity is indeed hard to grasp using flawed human logic. The best analogy I have is the three primary colors of light.

It really doesn't take a genius to see that there are clearly three different aspects of God working in scripture.

Wrong.

Sh'ma Yis'ra'eil Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad.

This concept of the trinity is indeed hard to grasp using flawed human logic. The best analogy I have is the three primary colors of light.

It really doesn't take a genius to see that there are clearly three different aspects of God working in scripture.

The concept of trinity is entirely Pagan, and was adopted for purely political reasons.

"Hard to grasp" is another way of saying "unadulterated bullshit."

"It doesn't take a genius" is another way of saying "if you buy this, you sure as hell don't qualify for Mensa."

The concept of trinity is entirely Pagan, and was adopted for purely political reasons.

Ya, well the whole concept of Christianity is Pagan in your view.

If I remember corectly, you don't believe God either way so your preference is of little import.

mh

Well, according to scripture, Jesus zapped a fig tree that wasn't doing what he wanted (this prophet business can be pretty stressful, apparently). Constantine adopted Christianity because it was politically expedient. Blaming Christ for Constantine is like blaming mohammed for...oh, never mind.

mh

edit to add some wiseguy remarks, and restore a missing period

edit for grammar

PS - jesus isn't real.

"Reason" was capitalized for personal emphasis.

"West" is properly capitalized, as cardinal compass points are proper nouns.

Commas typically precede the word "and".

Besides, I was point out spelling here, not grammar, though I see nothing wrong with it.

You have addressed me both as "idiot", and "chief". I'm not particularly offended by either, but piss-poor spelling really burns my ass.

mh

edited just because I wanted to.

sound familiar? i.e. you will burn in hell if you reject christ.

Pretty much every religious system from way back then (of which I am familiar) has some kind of punishment in the hereafter as a method of controlling through fear.

As far as I know, islam is the only one that promises punishment in THIS life for refusal to follow the orders of the guys with towels (okay, turbans) on their heads, beards on their faces, and blood on their hands (or guns in them).

mh

edit to add caveat and remove redundant phrasing

Using the following comment as an wxample,

To say that Christianity was not spread by the sword is ignorant...

:D:D:D
You guys sure have a penchant for throwing around the "ignorant" word considering you have no clue as to what anyone actually knows. Makes you feel superior, does it?

Yeah, yeah, your typical response, "What he posted indicates ignorance" doesn't fly...are you sure he's just not pulling your leg or playing Devil's Advocate?
No.:S
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Using the following comment as an wxample,

To say that Christianity was not spread by the sword is ignorant...

You guys sure have a penchant for throwing around the "ignorant" word considering you have no clue as to what anyone actually knows. Makes you feel superior, does it?

Not at all my friend...I don't post here to feel superior, and that wasn't my intention.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Commas typically precede the word "and".

Here, I'll fix it for you.

Commas typically precede the word "and."

As you see the period is enclosed in the quotation marks chief. By the way, to say they are commonly used in that way is 100% incorrect.

Besides, I was point out spelling here, not grammar, though I see nothing wrong with it.

Read your post again, you said my spelling and grammar were piss poor. Which by the way, your above statement should read "Besides, I was pointing out spelling..." but nice try idiot.

You have addressed me both as "idiot", and "chief". I'm not particularly offended by either, but piss-poor spelling really burns my ass.

Again, commas and periods go inside quotation marks.

WOW, I feel so empowered now that I pointed out your horrible grammar.

EDITED FOR: Oh wait, I don't have to edit my posts like an idiot.

BTW it's NOT typical to place a comma before an and.

It often denotes that the 1st phrase has ended and the 2nd tacked on as an after thought. Typically, you would rewrite the sentence, but who cares:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome