dmcoco84

DEFINED: Small and Limited Government

It will be easy then, for you to accept that what you wrote is very, VERY... incorrect.

In your view, anyone who does not accept your god is wrong. That alone demonstrates your ability to close your mind to new ideas.

Which is clearly something you have not done... not insulting you, just stating the facts.

You really should steer clear of christian websites that rewrite history in order to push the christian agenda of lopping off the heads of all you do not share their point of view.

I read the first paragraph on your posted website... I stopped after that.

Again, you demonstrate that your mind is shuttered.

Do you know where the Declaration of Independence came from? That alone destroys that argument...

I am well aware of where and how the DOI came about. I had a 4.0 GPA in American History 101. There was much discussion on whether the FF where Christians or not. The proof of their disdain for Christianity is in the personal papers of many of the FF (some of the die hard christian types dropped the class as they refused to see the truth and insisted that America is a Christian based nation.) You should either take a class or just read the papers online (hint: an opened is required in order to absorb new ideas.)
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Why do you have a hard time understanding that English rights can be taken away... because those rights come from men/government.

God given rights can't be taken away, they are inalienable... however, they CAN be violated.

And violated means... taken away.

It doesn't matter a damn whether your piece of paper says your rights came from God, they are exactly as vulnerable either away.

(Hell, since the quoted statement in your OP states that all men are equal and all men are endowed with inalienable rights, then your position must be that English rights are just as inalienable as American rights, or French rights, or Chinese rights, or North Korean rights. Go tell a North Korean that his rights haven't been taken away, they've only been violated. I'm sure he'll appreciate the distinction.)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You are ridiculous dude...

So you have used the symbol in various places for over 6 years, along with picking the symbol because you thought it was cool for a character name for a game... while at the same time, you clearly have no clue about our founding principles.

And then, of all things, you criticize the Tea Party and say you are disgusted by their use of the Gadsden flag because, "he had nothing to do with their cause."

That is downright idiotic!

As I have said before, I am not a Tea Party member, but I do know their principles.

The first of four... Small and Limited Government.

HOLY SHIT! RADICAL CRAZY MOFOS!

As I said before... if it weren't for Benjamin Franklin... there would be no Rattle Snake on the Gadsden Flag. You clearly didn't/don't know the symbol's history.

And Franklin... was for Small and Limited Government as well.

Also, shall I reference the numerous times I nicely voiced that you should take it down, "until you learned your history...?"

Now, I'm simply... Disgusted. No, you don't have to take it down. You just look ridiculous to those of us who, actually, know our history. ;)

Typical...

P.S.... "A people's" ??

It doesn't matter a damn whether your piece of paper says your rights came from God, they are exactly as vulnerable either away.

(Hell, since the quoted statement in your OP states that all men are equal and all men are endowed with inalienable rights, then your position must be that English rights are just as inalienable as American rights, or French rights, or Chinese rights, or North Korean rights. Go tell a North Korean that his rights haven't been taken away, they've only been violated. I'm sure he'll appreciate the distinction.)

:)
Yes and No... I've got a good example for ya, Freedom of Speech. USA VS. England.

But it will have to wait till i get up... bout to crash out.

In your view, anyone who does not accept your god is wrong. That alone demonstrates your ability to close your mind to new ideas.

My God?

I am simply stating the Founding Principles of our Nation which is structured through Natural Law and recognition of, "a Creator" .... Nowhere did I give any interpretation of God. (Religion)

Really? Like what ideas?

You really should steer clear of christian websites that rewrite history in order to push the christian agenda of lopping off the heads of all you do not share their point of view.

Actually... I practice Islam. WE cut off heads!

J/K... but I'm not a Christian either. The last time I was on a Christian website was months ago after a buddy told me his wife was a 7th Day Adventist... cause I wasn't sure what that was.

Nope... not trying to push any Christian agenda, that's for sure.

Again, you demonstrate that your mind is shuttered.

Actually I read over the rest of it after I posted... I take the same stance.

I am well aware of where and how the DOI came about. I had a 4.0 GPA in American History 101. There was much discussion on whether the FF where Christians or not. The proof of their disdain for Christianity is in the personal papers of many of the FF (some of the die hard christian types dropped the class as they refused to see the truth and insisted that America is a Christian based nation.) You should either take a class or just read the papers online (hint: an opened is required in order to absorb new ideas.)

I have an open... mind.

Awesome! You and I both got the same BS education in both HS and College. Cause the things I've learned over the last 4 years, reading many books... I didn't learn a damn bit of in any class I ever took.

Psst... I got A's in all my American History Classes too. But I prefer the Lincoln method... self study, with original sources. Wicked ADD too, so I retain more when I read anyway, vs. auditory (Lecture).

America is not a Christian Nation... I agree. I've said that many times before.

Though, can you tell me what the "Religion of America" is? I'll be posting about that soon too. Nope... its not Christianity. Its not Judaism, nor Islam.

Actually... going to the Central Public Library and reading public records from the floor of the house and senate is a better place to start.

I am well aware of where and how the DOI came about.

Clearly you're not... I'm looking for 4 words.

(Hint: It used to be studied in public school)

:)
Yes and No... I've got a good example for ya, Freedom of Speech. USA VS. England.

Example of what?

Not only is your whole line of argument here meaningless semantic bullshit, it's meaningless semantic bullshit that's nonsensical and wrong anyway.

No amount of argument or example can support the notions that 1) there is a difference between 'violated' and 'taken away' and 2) inviolable god given rights exist when there is a piece of paper saying they exist and don't when there isn't.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Sorry... Incorrect.

The same two documents that influenced the DOI... influenced the English Bill of Rights.

Are you claiming that the two drafts of the DoI were not the documents that influenced the final version? You are deluded.

Except, the English left out the important part... GOD. :P

No imaginary being had anything to do with it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm looking for 4 words.

The Committee of Five was formed to consider the Lee Resolution. Of the 13 colonies, 12 voted on it (New York did not vote). Afterward, Congress adopts the resolution and then reviews the DOI written by the Committee of Five. Two days later the final draft of the DOI came to be on July 4th, 1776.

Do I get a passing grade;)
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

My God?

I am simply stating the Founding Principles of our Nation which is structured through Natural Law and recognition of, "a Creator" .... Nowhere did I give any interpretation of God. (Religion)

This.

Except The Creator can also be called, and I believe that The Creator was referred to by the founding fathers as "The great Architect of the Universe".
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Are you claiming that the two drafts of the DoI were not the documents that influenced the final version? You are deluded.

If I were talking about the first and second drafts of the DOI... how would the DOI influence the English Bill of Rights?

EBR - 1689...
DOI - 1776...

?

If I were talking about the first and second drafts of the DOI... how would the DOI influence the English Bill of Rights?

EBR - 1689...
DOI - 1776...

?

I just answered your question. Sorry you don't like the correct answer.

Do I get a passing grade

Yes... if the question had been, what is The Committee of Five.

I'm speaking of something different.

Oh, so it was one of those "Can you guess what I'm thinking" questions. You should have said so up front.

My God?

This.

Except The Creator can also be called, and I believe that The Creator was referred to by the founding fathers as "The great Architect of the Universe".

That is taken directly from Masonic ritual.

EBR - 1689...
DOI - 1776...

?

Sorry professor... but you're wrong.

I'd give ya more hints... but it would give it away.

Its so simple too... and right now, its only $13.41 on amazon! 16% off!

:P

EBR - 1689...
DOI - 1776...

?

Sorry professor... but you're wrong.

I'd give ya more hints... but it would give it away.

Its so simple too... and right now, its only $13.41 on amazon! 16% off!

:P

You have made it very clear that you are playing a very silly game of "Can you guess what I'm thinking".

If you really want to live in a nation where government is extremely small and limited, feel free to move to Somalia.

If you have the desire to live under a government that is as limited as what you ask for, and analyze how the Somali government operates, the logical place for you to be is there.

You don't like all of the intrusive government here is the USA. Feel free to vote with you feet and leave, if it is that offensive to you.

By the way, the ancient superstations you espouse are not universally beloved by all. You and folks like Ron use them to try to attain a level of superiority over others that is extremely offensive. Being “Christian” does not, in any way, make you better than those that don’t believe.

If Jesus walked the earth today, he would be scorned by you people who pretend to believe. You would not be able to see him for what he is. You would be blinded by your perverted beliefs. His taking up the cause for the poor, the sick, and the elderly would be laughed at. That kind of real caring for others is totally against the version of selfish, self centered, “Christianity” that is practiced today.

If you really want to live in a nation where government is extremely small and limited, feel free to move to Somalia.

If you have the desire to live under a government that is as limited as what you ask for, and analyze how the Somali government operates, the logical place for you to be is there.

You don't like all of the intrusive government here is the USA. Feel free to vote with you feet and leave, if it is that offensive to you.

Seriously....... Seriously?

That is dumber than Quade's rattlesnake usage...

Why would I need to move anywhere if the federal government operated under the confines of the Constitution: involving itself only with its 16 enumerated powers?

So... are you in favor of the patriot act? Cause... its unconstitutional.

I doubt my privacy would be more secure in Somalia. ;)

By the way, the ancient superstations you espouse are not universally beloved by all. You and folks like Ron use them to try to attain a level of superiority over others that is extremely offensive. Being “Christian” does not, in any way, make you better than those that don’t believe.

I do think... possibly... I have said before: I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN! Oh yeah, I said it in this very thread.

Amazing how people can't separate, God and religion.

spelling

You have made it very clear that you are playing a very silly game of "Can you guess what I'm thinking".

Sigh.

Oooookay... I'll give you another hint.

It was written by one of our Founding Fathers... in 1689.

Hey, guess which book I'm thinking about.

Hint - it's printed on paper and written in English.

A better question... Are you going to be able to acknowledge and accept, you were wrong?

I'll work on posting it tonight. Its gonna be long...

Defined: The Pursuit of Happiness.

Or... can you tell me the second definition of the word, happiness?

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on... No.

Defined: The Pursuit of Happiness.

Or... can you tell me the second definition of the word, happiness?

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on... No.

Depends on which dictionary a person is using.

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on his dictionary being different than yours.

Rather than continuing to play guessing games with people, try this; if you have something to say, SAY IT.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver