"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

where did i say it was not anywhere else

so your cherry just popped

or a big whoosh

either way:S

You know how Bill and Quade need all that protection and defence.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Sleazy Congressman is an oxymoron.

I think you got that 100% wrong.

Oh shit . . . Are we allowed to agree?

I think he actually meant "Redundant."
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

sleazy? Not by CL standards, not remotely close.

Just a guy trying to have an affair. The only unforgivable act here was the stupidity of sending a clearly identifiable picture of himself trying. Not the kind of smarts we want making policy in DC.

(though if we gave an IQ test to the current Members, I bet there would be a good chunk lower than his)

Well, at least he was trying to meet a woman!:ph34r:

Amazon is going to be pissed that you stole her line:)

She does seem to have a hang up about politicians sex lives, doesn't she.

What do you think? Fantasy or Phobia?

Work with me here...I understand why you pointed this guy out...but how can you tell which ones AREN'T sleazy?

I just assume they are guilty until proven innocent. How many have been proven innocent?

But let's be honest - even the Founding Fathers were described as a collection of the well Read, well Bred and well Wed.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I can't figure out why he resigned? Isn't the standard in DC that whatever someone does in their personal life their own business and that everyone has affairs and it's OK to lie to cover them up? Heck, this guy didn't even get laid and he goes and resigns.

You didn't read the small print that says "only valid for Democrats".
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Sleazy Congressman is an oxymoron.

I think you got that 100% wrong.

Oh shit . . . Are we allowed to agree?

I think he actually meant "Redundant."

Or if you'd like an even more sophisticated term: Pleonasm

(At least "Pleonasmus" is used in German more often than "Redundanz" by sophisticated speakers. Not that I consider myself a sophisticated person :))
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I can't figure out why he resigned? Isn't the standard in DC that whatever someone does in their personal life their own business and that everyone has affairs and it's OK to lie to cover them up? Heck, this guy didn't even get laid and he goes and resigns.

I guess holding a leadership position in the party that loudly trumpets "FAMILY VALUES" at every opportunity does create a hypocrisy problem for philanderers.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I can't figure out why he resigned?

He resigned basically 1 hour after the picture went public. Sounds like it was his decision.

I got that. Still doesn't explain why he resigned. He obviously was pursuing this female but never got laid. I don't see the problem unless he's been a strong advocate of family values. All I can figure out is that his wife made him. If that's true then perhaps she should run for his seat.

I guess holding a leadership position in the party that loudly trumpets "FAMILY VALUES" at every opportunity does create a hypocrisy problem for philanderers.

Cite that the Republican Party trumpets Family Values at EVERY OPPORTUNITY, please.

I can't figure out why he resigned?

He resigned basically 1 hour after the picture went public. Sounds like it was his decision.

well at least he had the balls to realize he was done and turn in his notice immediately rather than do public apologies, drag everyone through the media circus (family included) and wait for the next big story to move him out of the spotlight.
--
Rob

>Cite that the Republican Party trumpets Family Values at EVERY OPPORTUNITY,
>please.

From the "family values" wiki:

==========================
Conservative definitions

Since 1980, the Republican Party has used the issue of family values to attract socially conservative voters. While family values remains a rather vague concept, social conservatives usually understand the term to include some combination of the following principles (also referenced in the 2004 Republican Party platform):

* Promotion of "traditional marriage" and opposition to sex outside of conventional marriage, including pre-marital sex, adultery, polygamy, bestiality, and incest
* Support for a roll back of aspects of feminism and support for a traditional role for women in the family.
* Opposition to same-sex marriage
* Support for traditional education and parental involvement in that education, including such things as vouchers for private, non-secular education.
* Opposition to legalization of abortion and support for policies that instead encourage abstinence and adoption
* Support for abstinence education exclusively regarding risks associated with early sexual activity such as teen pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases while not teaching such topics of sex education as human sexual behavior, safe sex and birth control
* Support for policies that are said to protect children from obscenity and exploitation
==========================