Kennedy

Two Ways to Approach Firearms

Interesting Outdoors Column

So firearms and archery are being used to teach youth discipline, control, and respect. And then we have NY legislators and the governor doing their best to show disrespect to their constituents.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I've never understood why some people insist it is alright to ban 'assault weapons' or some derivative thereof. Those are exactly the sort of weapons the second amendment was written for.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

We already know there's no logic or reason to their obsession with guns, but what really worries me is that know they're leaving the banned guns list up to a non elected bureaucrat running the state police. Considering how they already require registration, it won't be long until we see another confiscation of formerly legal firearms. Private property? Second amendment? Significant government interest justifying the restriction? Ha! Not in this life, not in that state.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Quote:
"A Strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks".

- Thomas Jefferson, Encyclopedia of Thomas Jefferson, 318, Foley Ed. reissued 1967

We already know there's no logic or reason to their obsession with guns, but what really worries me is that know they're leaving the banned guns list up to a non elected bureaucrat running the state police. Considering how they already require registration, it won't be long until we see another confiscation of formerly legal firearms. Private property? Second amendment? Significant government interest justifying the restriction? Ha! Not in this life, not in that state.

It's coming. Logic and reason is no hurdle for them.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Interesting Outdoors Column

So firearms and archery are being used to teach youth discipline, control, and respect. And then we have NY legislators and the governor doing their best to show disrespect to their constituents.

Education is most always better than legislation.

Which is why it is important that EVERY one of us gun owners do our part to educate (both ourselves and others!). Personally, I make it my goal to take at least a few people who have never handled a firearm to the range every year, preferably women. Even if they never shoot again, the next time an anti-gun law or candidate shows up on the ballot, they're going to remember the time they went shooting and had fun, and that guns aren't these big, scary, mysterious, threatening things that just randomly kill people.

The new definition would classify firearms commonly used for hunting -- such as semi-automatic shotguns that have a thumbhole stock or a pistol grip -- as assault weapons, according to the U.S. Sportsman's Alliance.

Morons....

1. Trying to ban a device for the actions of a person.
2. Trying to ban a device based on what it looks like.

Wanna really reduce gun crime? Work on reducing criminals.