Abedy

Circumcision declared "An act of violence"

Just because this is SC:

Isn't this thread really, at it's core, a concealed/open carry issue?

It's time to spend some months in the States to pick up more cultural background. Had to look this one up.

Huhuhuh... only an open carry issue at home or wherever you find some privacy to do it... B|

BTW: At Nude Weddings, Everyone can see the Best Man! (Tagline, grabbed from a FIDOnet echomail several years ago. B| ) Ummh, should also apply to "everyone can find out who's circumcised" but that's not half as witty. :P
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

it's there to protect your gland

Protect it from what?

to protect it from rubbing against your boxers or jeans if you like going commando..

why, for fucks sake, do you have eyelids?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I tried to emphasis that it seems that most circumcisions around the world are mainly done for hygienic reasons.

care to list those hygenic reasons?

Protect it from what?

to protect it from rubbing against your boxers or jeans if you like going commando..

even though i am on your side that is a bit of a loose argument, i doubt whichever animal(it might have been us i dont know) evolved to have a foreskin first was wearing to many armani boxers.

the procedure is just completely unnecessary and americas opinion on it is just wierd although im yet to encounter a woman who cares either way so i think that whole 'women prefer it thing' is a myth anyway

AFAIK circumcision is practised very often for hygienic reasons or to prevent complications such as [ur "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phimosis"l]phimosis[/url] (ouch!) And, at least regarding to Muslims, it's not necessarily religiously required. There's no reference to it in the Quran , it's "only" a sunna.
Most Jews - so I suspect - do it mainly for hygienic reasons. (Most Jews in Germany aren't that much religious, often called "3-day Jews" since they go to their synagogue only for the three highest holidays) and I suspect it isn't much different in the States... ;)

as i said, showers help with hygiene.. and those "complications" that you speak off are very rare. there's simply NO need for it!

and for all i know, it's with most muslims and jews, even if they're only "3-day"-jews as you call them..

Sorry for quoting in full, but it's necessary.
Under formal aspects, you are right. I tried to emphasis that it seems that most circumcisions around the world are mainly done for hygienic reasons. There may also be aspects of religion and/or tradition, though.

If you refer to D/A/CH you're absolutely right since most circumcision there are performed on boys with Muslim belief.
When it comes to Germany, there a many liberal Jews and the "3-Tage-Juden" (Michel Friedman referred to himself with this word, and so did Hendryk M. Broder regarding his father) and I think most of them don't have their sons circumcised for religious reasons in the first place. That's wild guessing, I know... ;)

alright, that religious/traditional thing i really have a problem with. not too long ago everyone got their "mandeln" removed, just because. they're actually a good indicator if you're suffering cancer, if for nothing at all.. my doctors also wanted to remove them, and my mom opposed that. same with my foreskin..

just because everyone's been doing something for no other reason than "uh, you know, uh, we've like, uh, have always been doing it!", sorry, that's nonsense..

and i've linked enough articles to prove that there is NO MEDICAL REASON to it, as long as it doesnt create problems!

now to take it a little more personal, my foreskin isnt showing as one inch of skin over my errected, or even un-errected penis. if not so, maybe i would consider it too.. and be one of that fraction of guys WANTING it to get done.. but exposing your child (SOMEONE EVER THINKS OF THE CHILDREEEEN!?!?!?) to an operation and the risks involved, for NO-FUCKING-GOOD-REASON, is a fucking moron in my eyes..

you simply dont do an operation that is not necessary, be it for "traditional", "religious" or other (mostly stupid, IMHO) reasons.. and before anyone asks, i prefer about a billion times some a-cup toddlers before i'd move on to silicon-babes.. :S
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I tried to emphasis that it seems that most circumcisions around the world are mainly done for hygienic reasons.

Protect it from what?

even though i am on your side that is a bit of a loose argument, i doubt whichever animal(it might have been us i dont know) evolved to have a foreskin first was wearing to many armani boxers.

the procedure is just completely unnecessary and americas opinion on it is just wierd although im yet to encounter a woman who cares either way so i think that whole 'women prefer it thing' is a myth anyway

but you do agree that your gland is rather sensitive, right!? i can pinch needles in most parts of your body if i wont do it too hard, right? let's try only TOUCHING dickhead with a needle, or a thorn..

BTW, DONT INCLUDE evolution in SC, you'll get the bible-thumpers all in a rage over that! :P

:D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Protect it from what?

but you do agree that your gland is rather sensitive, right!? i can pinch needles in most parts of your body if i wont do it too hard, right? let's try only TOUCHING dickhead with a needle, or a thorn..

BTW, DONT INCLUDE evolution in SC, you'll get the bible-thumpers all in a rage over that! :P

:D:D:D

Depends on which gland you poke . . .

Now, if you tried puttting a needle in my Glans . . . I might be a little upset!:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ye i agree in theory because for some reason i seem to have less sensitivity then my friends, they would never consider a pa piercing like i am and i was the only one who thought the swab in the sti clinic didn't hurt so maybe im just a freak of nature but it can be ye and i wouldn't be letting thorns near it voluntarily thats fo sho

Protect it from what?

Dear, as soon as they (palpebras) are hanging over my eyes, fully covering it - they'll be cut off :ph34r:, I mean improved. B|. No prisoners! Off with them ..... :)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

P.S.: Yes, I am circumcised. So I do not know whether it's true I lost 60% or so of my penile functionality etc. I haven't missed anything yet and think my pecker works fine for both :)

How could you possibly know what you may be missing?

I can read about prepucephimosis and paraphimosis. I miss them like I miss a stomach pump...

I expect you miss tonsillitis, appendicitis and testicular cancer like a stomach pump too, but you didn't have your tonsils and appendix out and your balls cut off at birth. Each of them is far more prevalent than phimosis.

Despite your being a lawyer, that has to be one of the sillier arguments you've ever made and you weren't even paid to make it.

Kinda weird that when you ask "How could you possibly know what you may be missing?" and I give an answer, you find it silly. Sure, it's not the answer you were looking for, but it IS an answer and not an answer that is false.

It's just one thing...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

P.S.: Yes, I am circumcised. So I do not know whether it's true I lost 60% or so of my penile functionality etc. I haven't missed anything yet and think my pecker works fine for both :)

How could you possibly know what you may be missing?

I can read about prepucephimosis and paraphimosis. I miss them like I miss a stomach pump...

I expect you miss tonsillitis, appendicitis and testicular cancer like a stomach pump too, but you didn't have your tonsils and appendix out and your balls cut off at birth. Each of them is far more prevalent than phimosis.

Despite your being a lawyer, that has to be one of the sillier arguments you've ever made and you weren't even paid to make it.

Kinda weird that when you ask "How could you possibly know what you may be missing?" and I give an answer, you find it silly. Sure, it's not the answer you were looking for, but it IS an answer and not an answer that is false.

It's just one thing...

Those who were disfigured circumcised at birth cannot possibly know whether or not they have 60% of the proper sensitivity, regardless of what they read.

Have you made an appointment to be castrated yet? You wouldn't want to get cancer there, after all.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

How does one objectively measure sensitivity? Interesting thought. Circumcize an adult and he'll report less sensitivity. Reconstruct a foreskin and he'll report decreased sensitivity.

I know that neither I nor anybody else will change your mind. There are some different opinions.

And for a dick like me, circumcision is a more important subject than for the non-dicks out there. Lawyers wear neckties to hold down the foreskin. I'll admit - circumcision is convenient when getting ready for work.

How does one objectively measure sensitivity? Interesting thought. Circumcize an adult and he'll report less sensitivity. Reconstruct a foreskin and he'll report decreased sensitivity.

I know that neither I nor anybody else will change your mind. There are some different opinions.

And for a dick like me, circumcision is a more important subject than for the non-dicks out there. Lawyers wear neckties to hold down the foreskin. I'll admit - circumcision is convenient when getting ready for work.

Maybe they count the number of pleasure-inducing nerve endings that are lost.

Or maybe they estimate it. Then, of course, they fail to account for neuroligical development from infancy through adulthood (which is rather significant, hence kids have a FAR better improvement from neurologic insult than do adults facing the same injury).

As I wrote, I think the best comparison would be to compare:
(1) Uncircumcised;
(2) Circumcised as infant;
(3) Circumcised as adult;
(4) Infant circumcision restored as adult

Or maybe they estimate it. Then, of course, they fail to account for neuroligical development from infancy through adulthood (which is rather significant, hence kids have a FAR better improvement from neurologic insult than do adults facing the same injury).

(1) Uncircumcised;

Best of luck with (4).

Wow.
I've found a good reason to go out and maim and kill.
"I was circumcised as a baby and it traumatized me!"

Is this one of those, "My dick is bigger than your dick." threads?

I'm circumcised and I'll thank all of you to keep your hands of my dick...well, most of you anyway.

Lotta bandwidth wasted on such a silly topic.

Lawrocket....Loved the necktie joke.
:D:D:D:D

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

(1) Uncircumcised;

You don't lose nerves to the head of the penis in a circumcision.... I think the *estimated* decreased sensitivity is because the glans isn't protected by a foreskin anymore.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

(1) Uncircumcised;

You don't lose nerves to the head of the penis in a circumcision.... I think the *estimated* decreased sensitivity is because the glans isn't protected by a foreskin anymore.

All the PLEASURABLE nerves are in the head?