JohnRich

Trade gun for sex toys?

Great idea for publicity, probably not so much for "getting guns off the streets."

The vast majority of people who own firearms are males. The vast majority of people who buy intimate products are females.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Something to think about: don't we really want the kind of person who would trade a gun for a sex toy to be a little more mature???

Maybe this is a good way to detect the difference.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Something to think about: don't we really want the kind of person who would trade a gun for a sex toy to be a little more mature???

Maybe this is a good way to detect the difference.

Wendy P.

Personally, I'd rather my 13 y/o son have a gun (or 3...two rifles and a shotgun) than a sex toy. I might hafta shoot someone who tried to lead him astray.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I'm in Alabama. I actually hear a piece on the radio about this today. I thought it was funny.

Let's work this through...I want to get guns 'off the streets'. I offer the criminal with an illegal weapon an opportunity to walk into my establishment while brandishing a firearm. I'm expecting it, so he figures I will not be alarmed. The armed criminal who I have invited in is now free to steal what he wants....? What was I thinking?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Makes sense to me ... trade an expensive gun for a bit of plastic and batteries ... :) ... Are you in line already John?

Actually, I was having a little fun mimicking this thread:
"trade canopy for gun?" http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4016831;#4016636

I can't think of any sex toy I want more than even the worst of my guns. I've always been able to get along just fine with the natural endowments that I was born with.

Funny idea, nice to hit the headlines... It's more or less "Make love, not war" ;)

As money was mentioned: Some sex toys are really expensive, at least depending on what you consider "sex toys". It's not only S/M stuff but also very-close-to-real-life dolls (with steel skeleton, lots of silicone etc) which are sold for several thousands each. Not that I have one, but I saw a report on TV recently.

As for young people and sex toys:
Some weeks ago I didn't have a biro handy and asked one of my students if I could have hers for writing a short note. "Sure" - I wrote and noticed it was really nice to write with, "has a perfect fit" I said. (Not 100%, since we spoke German and I said "Liegt wirklich gut in der Hand"). Giggeling, giggeling, all of them... Wozzup? "Have a closer look, please" (deadpan). Wow... it read "DildoFee" (dildo fairy) Huhuhuhu... They then told me that most of them took part in a DildoFairy party some days before. Just like a TupperWare party :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: They all have friends but it seems, they enjoy an extra ride now and then as well. B| OK, they're 19,20,21, but anyway, I think it's OK and shows they see sex as a normal part of their lives. B|

@Lindsey: How to put it politely... You son being almost 14 means he most certainly has discovered sexuality already and... well, he might not have sex toys, but do you want to ... you know, his hands :P The "hands on the duvet" thingy does NOT work.
Apart from that: No one can lead him astray when it comes to sexuality. "Unpure" thoughts cannot be implemented into his mind by other persons. It's called puberty.
I instead would have been scared to death if my son or daughter had had guns.
We always trusted our children. We talked about sexuality when it was time (in fact, our estimation was a little too conservative and thus we didn't have to explain much...) and told them to protect themselves and that they could ask whenever they needed to and never ever searched their rooms. Worked. No unwanted pregnancy, no STDs. Daughter was in Oz for a year when she was 18 and didn't come back knocked up or anything else. Both have been in relationships for years. OK, it's about time for grandchildren, but times have changed. But now we leave the topic way too far...

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Let's work this through...I want to get guns 'off the streets'. I offer the criminal with an illegal weapon an opportunity to walk into my establishment while brandishing a firearm. I'm expecting it, so he figures I will not be alarmed. The armed criminal who I have invited in is now free to steal what he wants....? What was I thinking?

How many vibrators does this guy want to steal? And then what does he do - open an Ebay store?

And think of the embarrassment if you're caught for armed robbery of a [women's] sex shop.

How many vibrators does this guy want to steal? And then what does he do - open an Ebay store?

And think of the embarrassment if you're caught for armed robbery of a [women's] sex shop.

Fair enough. How about - he knocks over the convenience store next door with his gun and uses the cash to buy his skank a dildo? Now, he has his gat, scat and something for the cat.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I can just imagine the conversation in the shower now:
'Armed robbery huh? what did you steal'
'Oh, some dildos and lacy underwear'
'REALLY ..... whoops you dropped your soap!'