Victory for Western Values, and the Limits of Tolerance

This is only proper. A muslim female employee of the city of Frankfurt (who works in a position in which she must interact with the public) was wearing a chador (headscarf). No problem.

Comes back from maternity leave (great, more muslims in Germany) and demands to wear a burkha (this is the "human badminton birdie" look) in the same job, or be put on paid leave indefinitely.

Nope. Story

There must be limits, as in loudspeakers wailing at 4:30 AM is a fucking disturbance of the peace, not a religious "right". Go back to your third-world shithole if you want to do that.

A burkha ban took effect in Hesse on Wednesday. It's a start.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

This is only proper. A muslim female employee of the city of Frankfurt (who works in a position in which she must interact with the public) was wearing a chador (headscarf). No problem.

Comes back from maternity leave (great, more muslims in Germany) and demands to wear a burkha (this is the "human badminton birdie" look) in the same job, or be put on paid leave indefinitely.

Nope. Story

There must be limits, as in loudspeakers wailing at 4:30 AM is a fucking disturbance of the peace, not a religious "right". Go back to your third-world shithole if you want to do that.

mh

+1 - practice your religious beliefs inside your own home, or place of worship, or wherever it does not infringe on others in any way.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Nope. Story

mh

+1 - practice your religious beliefs inside your own home, or place of worship, or wherever it does not infringe on others in any way.

Yeah its far more important to practice your religion at the voting booth

Nope. Story

mh

Well unless you can make the US a dictatorship, you are stuck that way.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Nope. Story

mh

BUt we know you and yours would be fine with a religious dictatorship... you almost got there in 2001... too bad...it did not work out for you...Pretty good it worked out for the country that it did not happen after all even if he was getting all his ques from GOD... or at least that is what he kept tellin us.

........Well unless you can make the US a dictatorship, you are stuck that way.

BUt we know you and yours would be fine with a religious dictatorship... you almost got there in 2001... too bad...it did not work out for you...Pretty good it worked out for the country that it did not happen after all even if he was getting all his ques from GOD... or at least that is what he kept tellin us.

Well, he did pick up his stuff and quietly head back to Texas when it was time for him to leave. And the new guy did end the wars, close down Gitmo, and put an end to that evil Patriot Act .....didn't he?

Nope. Story

mh

Why do you stick up for the muslims and slam the christians?

They're all fucked in the head. Most christians don't even realize that they worship the same god.

>+1 - practice your religious beliefs inside your own home, or place of
>worship, or wherever it does not infringe on others in any way.

Fair enough. I assume you will now oppose churchbells, nativity scenes and publicly displayed crosses, then?

It's been awhile since we had a thread that busted both the bigotry and irony meters at once!

Bravo!

I award all of you 50 lashes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDaMm1ydQDQ&playnext=1&list=PL6E6F520EF9B57D7EB|

Rake me over a line of coals, throw me into the sea
Barely able to thinkin’ of, when it’s over me

I see an army in the darkness

I can’t take more than fifty lashes
Could you please just open the door

When it’s too late to sell my gold, too late to be in control
Barely able to pull my torn blanket over me

Traded food for my destiny, then sold the food for my soul
Sign confession, then drink it down, prophecy fulfilled

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

........Well unless you can make the US a dictatorship, you are stuck that way.

Well, he did pick up his stuff and quietly head back to Texas when it was time for him to leave. And the new guy did end the wars, close down Gitmo, and put an end to that evil Patriot Act .....didn't he?

Not to mention those pesky tax cuts, and all that internet stuff.

Good thing we have him - because the old guy was so much different.

Fair enough. I assume you will now oppose churchbells, nativity scenes and publicly displayed crosses, then?

If they disturb me I will.

Growing up in a small 2.2 square mile city in the middle of Detroit,(Hamtramck) nobody seemed to have a problem with the islamic call to prayer in the 80's and 90's...It was just normal background noise, just like the church bells. (though I have to admit that churchbells seemed to be a little more pleasant... but hell, the call to prayer was actually entertaing/humorous to us.:D)

After college and being away for a about 7 years or so, I moved back to hamtramck post 9/11 and found my self in the mists of a weird dream...My Catholic Highschool was now an academy for muslim students. I walked down the street and noticed that many of the storefront signs were in arabic. I was practically sorrounded by a foreign people, many of which wrapped their heads in turbins and covered their faces with burkas as I walk to get a Rally burger to the screeching tune of the islamic call to prayer.

I was really shocked. It was so surreal...where the f**k am I? There was nothing in the immediate vicinity that would suggest I was in america...but this wasn't a dream...in a dream weird shit just seems normal, ya know? This wasn't normal.

But ya know, it may have been weird, but it really didn't disturb me...I ate my Rally burger as usual, stopped at the old corner bar and had a few beers with some old friends, went shopping for groceries and stopped in at the neighborhood coffee shop.

As I drank my Dirty Chai reading some Japanese Calligraphy shit, I realized how lucky I was to me in the mists of such cultural diversity. There were hippies to the right of me, preps to the left, arabic muslims in the corner, european muslims in the other corner, a gay black man sitting by himself building a website, some old ass wise man walking about with long silver hair, a buhdist, and a loud mouth atheist - and we all got along and struck up some very interesting conversation.

I fell in love with that city all over again...it was there for my polish family when they immigrated, then it was there for the albanians, then the yougoslavians and now it was there for the arabs.

What an amazing city!:)
I miss it.

About 7 years ago the city filed a petition to ban the call to prayer, but even though the catholic church bells weren't as annoying, most of us knew it would be hypocritical to ban the islamic call to prayer...so we didn't...and seriously, it's not that bad...:S

The only reason this became an issue was because of the rise in arabic population and the fear/hatred created by 9/11.

The people are cool man...we all get along quite well.

My most memorable experience was just a few years ago after my conversion when I helped an old dying arabic man(probably muslim) get to the hospital. He was in pretty bad shape, he was obviously in pain and had what appeared to be a football protruding out of his side...He said, "I need you help, please, I need you help" I couldn't resist...He was so thankful for the provision that he started to kiss and hug me, almost worshipping me. I felt uncomfortable with such treatment so told him "Listen, It's only because of Jesus that I'm even doing any of this." He raised his hands in the sky and just said thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus...

I never saw the guy again...not even sure if he made it. All I know was that the last thing I saw him doing was worshiping our God. There was no fear or pain...just overwhelming joy and thankfulness.:)

Most christians don't even realize that they worship the same god.

perhaps you should do a little research before you spout out something like that.

perhaps you should do the same.

Thanks for proving my point though.

What?

That doesn't even make sense.

:D

(great, more muslims in Germany)

Just couldn't resist a bigoted remark before even making your point, could you?
You have no shame.

I think doughboy's takes the cake though:

They're all fucked in the head.

The interesting thing however, is that I'm just not sure if you agree with him or not?[:/]

Oh, ok. So it's only religions that you don't like that should confine themselves to their own homes or places of worship.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>If they disturb me I will.

Also fair enough. Of course, guns disturb a LOT of people, so you'll have to be tolerant if they are removed to avoid infringing on their rights.

Nope.

My most memorable experience was just a few years ago after my conversion when I helped an old dying arabic man(probably muslim) get to the hospital. He was in pretty bad shape, he was obviously in pain and had what appeared to be a football protruding out of his side...He said, "I need you help, please, I need you help" I couldn't resist...He was so thankful for the provision that he started to kiss and hug me, almost worshipping me. I felt uncomfortable with such treatment so told him "Listen, It's only because of Jesus that I'm even doing any of this." He raised his hands in the sky and just said thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus...

You need Jesus to show some humanity (or is it already your job to do this)?

That's messed up. Firing offense, too.

You need Jesus to show some humanity (or is it already your job to do this)?

That's messed up. Firing offense, too.

And what's even more fucked up is that once he gets to the hospital, fuck him, if he doesn't have insurance. LOL

Jesus says you need to help him get there, but fuck him if he can't pay for it.