Amazon

Are we getting our moneys worth???

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/10/27/how-much-does-killing-a-taliban-cost/

(Oct. 27) -- The Pentagon has disputed a press report that it's now costing U.S. taxpayers an average of at least $50 million for every single Taliban soldier killed in the ongoing war in Afghanistan.

The report, originally posted on the Afghan news website KabulPress.org, arrived at the $50 million figure by dividing the amount of money now being spent yearly on the war in Afghanistan -- about $100 billion -- by the number of enemy now being killed annually, estimated at 2,000

Wouldn't it be more cost-effective to pay a mercenary, say $1mil, to go over there and collect ears or scalps?

WANTED!
Scalp collectors. High pay, set your own hours!
Call 1-800-USG-MENT
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Wouldn't it be more cost-effective to pay a mercenary, say $1mil, to go over there and collect ears or scalps?

WANTED!
Scalp collectors. High pay, set your own hours!
Call 1-800-USG-MENT

There would be a lot of people walking around Afghanistan without ears.:D:D. They probably wouldn't be walking but driving around in Mercedes.:D:D

I know a guy named Tony who would do it for $2000 and make it look like an accident. ;)

PM Tony's number to me, would ya? ;)
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I care more about our people than theirs. I care more about our people than dollars. We're losing both I think we should concentrate our money and our people on our back yard. But I'm a simple person...lol
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

it's now costing U.S. taxpayers an average of at least $50 million for every single Taliban soldier killed in the ongoing war in Afghanistan.

Success in Afghanistan is not judged by the number of taliban killed.

But its good to have goals John

Kill them all and let GOD sort them out.

it's now costing U.S. taxpayers an average of at least $50 million for every single Taliban soldier killed in the ongoing war in Afghanistan.

Success in Afghanistan is not judged by the number of taliban killed.

Success in Afghanistan is impossible. It is one impossibly long pipe dream to even think that the U.S. can civilize a country that revoked civility centuries ago. Hell, just look at the total mess that Iraq is. The U.S. turned that country into a terrorist training center! Can't have a "war on terror" without terrorist. Iraq was far better off with Saddam than it is with the current crop of money grabbing crooks in charge. Karzai is just more of the same. He'll line his pockets with every dime he can get. He is in bed with Iran and the U.S. seems to be just fine with that. Afghanistan is successfully wasting money that would be better spent in the U.S.
Fuck Afghanistan and all the rest of those money grabbing dirt bag countries. I much prefer success in our own country and let those stuck in the stone-age to continue beheading each other.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Re : success in our OWN Country...

I have often thought that we would be much Better Off if Our Dept of Defense did Just That!!
Played Defense...
instead of playing Offense by running all over the world, inserting OUR policies onto countries that neither Understand democracy, nor Want it..:|

Pull back, our troops and $$$
Use the National Guard for National issues and disaster response. Use the armed forces for Border patrol and to station them at all ports of entry to this country, Seaports and Airports...
Really scrutinize ANyone who wants entry into the USA, for whatever reason. I think the days of open immigration are in the past....IF we must have troops overseas, why not place them in airports and coastal areas where people are trying to emmigrate TO this country...and LIMIT MUCH of that sort of travel...ANY business related activity CAN now be accomplished via video conferencing, High speed document processing and Instantaneous internet communication...
I am sorry for any loss of Tourism $$$. but the well being and security of the country should come first...
Our days of imposing our will all over the planet are over...
Just like in the game of Risk.... it's far better to play defense, ( the dice are in your favor then, ) than it is to go around attacking ANYone...
Fix things AT Home.... before worrying about spending tax dollars, which we DO not HAVE , to 'fix' things abroad..
imo
jmy

Re : success in our OWN Country...

I have often thought that we would be much Better Off if Our Dept of Defense did Just That!!
Played Defense...
instead of playing Offense by running all over the world, inserting OUR policies onto countries that neither Understand democracy, nor Want it..:|

Pull back, our troops and $$$
Use the National Guard for National issues and disaster response. Use the armed forces for Border patrol and to station them at all ports of entry to this country, Seaports and Airports...
Really scrutinize ANyone who wants entry into the USA, for whatever reason. I think the days of open immigration are in the past....IF we must have troops overseas, why not place them in airports and coastal areas where people are trying to emmigrate TO this country...and LIMIT MUCH of that sort of travel...ANY business related activity CAN now be accomplished via video conferencing, High speed document processing and Instantaneous internet communication...
I am sorry for any loss of Tourism $$$. but the well being and security of the country should come first...
Our days of imposing our will all over the planet are over...
Just like in the game of Risk.... it's far better to play defense, ( the dice are in your favor then, ) than it is to go around attacking ANYone...
Fix things AT Home.... before worrying about spending tax dollars, which we DO not HAVE , to 'fix' things abroad..
imo
jmy

Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy

These people have been designated as THE ENEMY.... We must use all of our resources to KILL THE ENEMY

This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while.
-- George W Bush

>it's now costing U.S. taxpayers an average of at least $50 million for every
>single Taliban soldier killed in the ongoing war in Afghanistan.

No, it's not a 'good deal.' Nor would it be a good deal to kill one Taliban soldier for $1. A much better deal is to not kill people in other countries and let them kill themselves (or not, if they prefer.)

they're NOT MY Enemies...
I don't even KNOW them... i'm sad for their poor and pitiable Lives and the continuation of centuries of poverty, BAd leadership and subsistance living......
but i sure don't hate them, nor call them foe.
My enemy is ignorance at Home to the REAL issues which OUR leaders should have been addressing.... since the time of LBJ, Richard Nixon, and all the rest that have followed...
My irritant, my roadblock, and my nemesis, has been the wild and extravagant spending, abitrary Policies, programs, warmongering and mandates, which have come to cripple us, socially, morally and for Certain now,, financially...
Lots of blame to go around.. but our foreign policy of "creating and being a part of " a Global Economy, has let us down. We've outsourced sooo much of our manufacturing, so many jobs, so much productivity and so much our our collective Pride!!! that we've become indebted beyond belief. We've lost respect and our former decent ranking within the world community.. and since that historic moment during the year 2001... have been shown to be vulnerable beyond what even WE previously imagined...
If another declares US to be an enemy, then we must be on alert, and be defensive as needed....
If a Hornet's Nest establishes itself and grows to a threatening level... Isn't it better to monitor it and get ready to SNUFF it out, all in one fell swoop... than it is to go over and poke at it with a stick...???? If we do the latter, then
It should be No surprise when a swarm of hornets flies out and stings some people... Part of the problem with vermin is that it sometimes can reproduce itself faster than you can exterminate it...
The Availability of weapons coupled with hatred born of ignorance coupled with global technology and instantaneous communication, coupled with "sleeping on the job" by agencies charged with recognizing such threats.... has resulted in The growth of violent extremism...not it's reduction.
We have been spending billions and billions in Money and thousands and thousands in Lives..... to find ourselves in a position which is not any better than when this whole mess started....[:/] the war on terror has been a Major distraction from other More important missions here at home...
Crusade??? a crusade is a Holy war.. not an unjust war, or an unneeded war or an unDeclared war... made to seem more acceptable by some sort of semantic nomenclature......
GWB must feel that we are as Gullible as HE is/ was ... well i don't buy it...

To think most of this we have Charlie Wilson and Congress at the time to thank for.

It's too bad such vast natural resources were just discovered there.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.