Skyrad

Biblical End times

Are we living in them? With all the unrest in the middle east and now this... Christianity and Islam are eschatological religions, so is it time?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20110202/toddly-ufo-spotted-hanging-over-jerusalem-cc3a409.html
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Are we living in them?

I wasn't walking the earth yet during WWII, but something tells me the world was in a much bigger mess from 1939 to 1945 and "Biblical of End Times" did not happen then. The only difference is now we are bombarded with the media's "Be afraid, be very afraid" agenda 24/7.

Check it out, yesterday the CBC was calling the snow storm that is hitting parts of North America as "Snowpocalypse - a possible life ending storm of storms" yesterday.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/02/01/us-winter-storm.html

just a little media sensationalism wouldn't you say?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Are we living in them? With all the unrest in the middle east and now this... Christianity and Islam are eschatological religions, so is it time?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20110202/toddly-ufo-spotted-hanging-over-jerusalem-cc3a409.html

Eschatology focuses on wars in the mid-east and specifically states the one man will negotiate peace and it will last 42 months.

IMO, we have some time to go. The situation hasn't reached the zenith of turmoil yet. However, it sure looks like we are getting closer.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

At 0:18-

"We seen em' in miss'ippi like this, they're never like that...never like this."

:D
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

There is one thing that all predictions of the end of the world have in common. So far, every single one of them has been dead wrong.(and there have been a buttload of 'em.)

http://tacomaatheists.com/eotw
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

There is one thing that all predictions of the end of the world have in common. So far, every single one of them has been dead wrong.

That's a pretty convenient statement considering the world hasn't ended yet.:D

Most predictions say that the world will end by fire. Your beloved scientists agree that it is pretty much inevitable.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I wasn't walking the earth yet during WWII, but something tells me the world was in a much bigger mess from 1939 to 1945 and "Biblical of End Times" did not happen then. The only difference is now we are bombarded with the media's "Be afraid, be very afraid" agenda 24/7.

And that hasn't even made any difference.

There was no shortage of people spouting end times shite in 1941. Or 1841. Or 1741. Or 1641. Or even 141. Ain't nothin' changing.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

IMO, we have some time to go. The situation hasn't reached the zenith of turmoil yet. However, it sure looks like we are getting closer.

Why?

There has literally never been a better time and place to be alive in terms of longevity, prosperity, health and quality of life than in the western world right now and you think we must be marching towards armageddon?

Everything's amazing and nobody's happy;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Perhaps due to the fact that the earth is running out of sustainable resources to
>provide for the overpopulation that we are currently in? I'm just referring to ONE
>resource right now.

>water

There are a great many solutions to that. Some are difficult; some are easy. For some we don't have to do a single thing; just continue as we've been doing. We will like some solutions and not others. Not really an end of the world issue tho.

I neglected to read the last line of your post and I was talking about the wrong resource. LOL

Water will be a problem in some parts of the world (it could suck to be in the southwest of the USA in the future). But there is a lot of water still up here in the frozen tundra called Canuckistan. Global Warming (if it ever does happen) will be good for Canada. Lot's of resources, lot's of open space. Of course the resources and open space will be gobbled up if the world decided to relocate here.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

There are some really great minds coming up with solutions for the shortage of water...and yes our canadian friends have plenty of ice to thaw out in their pot bellied stoves....but what I am referring to is in 30-50 years when the overpopulation is so exponential that there will not be enough resources to provide food and water for all those people worldwide. It WILL be a problem in the near future. I just hope those brainiacs figure out a solution before then.

The earth doesn't really care if we run out of water and die, just as it didn't care about 1/3 the population of Europe dying in the plague epidemic, or about 50 million people dying in the 1918 influenza epidemic, or about the millions who starved in Africa in the 1980's.

Personally, I think if there is such a thing as end times, we won't recognize them as such; they'll be just more of the same by then.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>..but what I am referring to is in 30-50 years when the overpopulation is so
>exponential that there will not be enough resources to provide food and water for all
>those people worldwide.

Well, either there will be (i.e. solving the problem via technology) or their won't be (in which case nature will solve the problem for us.)

Personally, I think if there is such a thing as end times, we won't recognize them as such; they'll be just more of the same by then.

Wendy P.

Interesting point. From what I understand of the "End Times" described in the Bible, most of the people living at that time think the opposite is true.

Wendy P.

Interesting point. From what I understand of the "End Times" described in the Bible, most of the people living at that time think the opposite is true.

So what?
They also thought the Earth was flat and that witches floated.

There is one thing that all predictions of the end of the world have in common. So far, every single one of them has been dead wrong.

That's a pretty convenient statement considering the world hasn't ended yet.:D

Most predictions say that the world will end by fire. Your beloved scientists agree that it is pretty much inevitable.

They also agree that it will occur billions of years from now as a result of the Sun evolving, in normal fashion, into a red giant.

Oops, I used the "e" word. My bad.

So what?

So, most of this End Times speculation is just fantasy. For Christians, the Bible says that no one knows the date it will occur. As far as the rest of the people living on the earth, it will be the last thing they suspect until it consumes them.

So what?

So, most of this End Times speculation is just fantasy. For Christians, the Bible says that no one knows the date it will occur. As far as the rest of the people living on the earth, it will be the last thing they suspect until it consumes them.

So who do I see to get in on the pool?
I hope to get the Dec 21, 2112 square.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

At 0:18-

"We seen em' in miss'ippi like this, they're never like that...never like this."

:D

+1 :D:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

So what?

Flunked 8th grade science class, did you?

This didn't really happen, either.

Why does it have to be "End of Days?"

The Incas and the Mayans said Dec 21, 2012 wasn't the end of the world, rather the beginning of a new era. I tend to agree.

With technology and communications shrinking the world, forcing new beliefs and old to come together and face each other, ya, we got conflict, but things will come to a head and work its self out.

-In the series "Jericho", the nuclear bombs don't wipe out everything.
-Nostradamus predicted a 1,000 years of peace after everything came to a head.

Are we at a critical point in our history? I think so. Is it the end of the world? Probably not.

Put yer tin foil hats and bubble wrap suits away for now, Haley's Comet didn't stop to pick us up this time.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything