rushmc

Another Court Rules Obama Care Unconstitutional

>I do not want activists on either side
>You do.

Sorry, I copied the post I made from one of your old posts, just changed "left" to "right." You'll have to take that issue up with yourself. Let us know who wins.

I know what you did
You think yourself to be much more sly than you realy are:)As far as who wins? I am for the US and the US Constitution
I dont think you can say the same
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Blithering ignorance IS a curable condidition.

But the person has to want to be cured.;)

Hope springs eternal huh
Abraham Lincoln

This is kinda cool

What do you think?
From the link

“I note that in 2008, then-Senator Obama supported a health care reform proposal that did not include an individual mandate because he was at that time strongly opposed to the idea, stating that ‘if a mandate was the solution, we can try that to solve homelessness by mandating everybody to buy a house,’” Judge Vinson wrote in a footnote toward the end of the 78-page ruling Monday.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jan/31/judge-uses-obamas-words-against-him/
Abraham Lincoln

>The FL judge has ruled on the 26 state lawsuit
>Dont know yet if just parts or all of it

A close look at this whole issue is about one thing. Judges! Judges are legislating from the bench.

My point is the right does not want judges that apply and interpret law! The right wants activists because they can not get the laws they want because they are in the minority!!! In the cases where judges make law they should be held up to scrutiny and made accountable for their actions.

Bill
would you give me the most egregous example of what you would consider a right wing slanted ruling from a judge you consider legislating from the bench?

That has went through the process and is still law today?
Abraham Lincoln

What do you think?

I think The Washington Times is a propaganda tool, subsidized by the Moonies and politically aligned with the Republicans.

I do not consider it a credible source of news, let alone insightful commentary.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

What do you think?

I think The Washington Times is a propaganda tool, subsidized by the Moonies and politically aligned with the Republicans.

I do not consider it a credible source of news, let alone insightful commentary.

:D

Fucking brilliant:D:D

Now
Ignore the source and make comment on the content please.

It is after all a direct quote now isnt it:)
Abraham Lincoln

It is after all a direct quote now isnt it:)

Is it?

:D:D

sucks to be you today I guess:D
Abraham Lincoln

Rush, do you know the difference between a direct quote and a quote out of context?

WTF dude
You asking me after what billvon and kallend do to me here??
that is funny shit

You gonna comment on the context or you gonna keep you tail tucked and run?
Abraham Lincoln

Rush, do you know the difference between a direct quote and a quote out of context?

how exactly was it out of context?

It's pretty easy to verify - the judge supposedly wrote it in the decision. And if you want to argue context, it would be with the judge, not the Moonies.

>As far as who wins? I am for the US and the US Constitution

Which Rush is for the US constitution? The one for activist judges legislating from the bench, or the one against it?

I am against activists judges
Got an example of a right wing activist judgw where once ruled it stood?
Abraham Lincoln

It's a quote out of context. He wasn't speaking of the current healthcare bill. To suggest he was is dishonest.

Ok
I am open to that
Show me
Abraham Lincoln

how exactly was it out of context?

The quote comes from a CNN interview with candidate Obama February 5, 2008 speaking about candidate Clinton's previous interview about healthcare for children vs parents and how it might be mandated for children but not required for parents. He was discussing various scenarios of what may or may not be included in various proposals, but not talking specifically about the current legislation.

Now, do you want to go into the history of WHO put in the requirements for mandated healthcare into the current bill?

Really?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

"Here's the concern. If you haven't made it affordable, how are you going to enforce a mandate. I mean, if a mandate was the solution, we can try that to solve homelessness by mandating everybody to buy a house. The reason they don't buy a house is they don't have the money"

I don't see how the changes to the current legislation change this argument that he clearly did make. His bill does mandate it. And has done very little for cost, aside from the rather small number of people who are screwed by preexisting conditions pricing.

Again - the Washington Times didn't do anything here. This is the judge in the decision. The WT merely pointed it out.

"Here's the concern. If you haven't made it affordable, how are you going to enforce a mandate. I mean, if a mandate was the solution, we can try that to solve homelessness by mandating everybody to buy a house. The reason they don't buy a house is they don't have the money"

I don't see how the changes to the current legislation change this argument that he clearly did make. His bill does mandate it. And has done very little for cost, aside from the rather small number of people who are screwed by preexisting conditions pricing.

Again - the Washington Times didn't do anything here. This is the judge in the decision. The WT merely pointed it out.

Ya
And I have been searching since he made the post
Not one site I have found says the quote is out of context
I will admit I dont (most likely) visit the sites that help him form his positons
Abraham Lincoln

This is a case of "be careful what you wish for."

Emergency rooms will not turn away people that can't pay for healthcare.

Now, instead of forcing people to buy "some" healthcare, they won't buy any yet will still get it in emergency rooms.

Guess who actually pays for that?

Happy now?

Honestly, we should work on eliminating EMTALA. I don't think that is likely to happen but it is a horrible law.

My jaw just dropped. Seriously.

Groovy. Now that we've determined that we can't force people to buy insurance, we'll just provide it to them for free.
Happy now?

Please continue so I may better understand your point

This is a case of "be careful what you wish for."

Emergency rooms will not turn away people that can't pay for healthcare.

Now, instead of forcing people to buy "some" healthcare, they won't buy any yet will still get it in emergency rooms.

Guess who actually pays for that?

Happy now?

That's not really true. If someone comes into the ER with a non-emergent complaint (i.e. using the ER as a clinic), we can and DO triage them out. We don't treat them in the ER and have them follow up with another physician.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

the judges should judge according to the constitution not make laws based on their interpretation.

Flunking Civics 101 means that you, too, can post REALLY stupid statements regarding how you think the US Judicial system should work.

Blithering ignorance IS a curable condidition.

So, when is your appointment with the doc?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Honestly, we should work on eliminating EMTALA.

OK. Scenario -

10 year old girl comes in; she's been hit by a car. She will die without treatment. Hospital staff knows the family and knows they won't pay.

Should they let her die?

No
And they will not let her die
Abraham Lincoln