mutumbo

Paramedic shot, society is going to hell.

After reading the story it reminds me of the list of reasons I have left EMS. I miss the job on occassion but don't miss BS calls and dealing with humanity at 3am.
I was just abou to buy myself a bullet proff vest before I left as my service would have never purcahsed one for us. At that time I set back and said if I need a vest for my protection I don't need this job!
Best of luck to you guys still out there taking the 911 calls.
www.greenboxphotography.com

when i was a cop i had a very similar story. i was sent to a grocery store after hours for a woman who had been stabbed. claimed some guy ran up behind her out of nowhere and stabbed her with a steak knife. i sat with her at the hospital and listened to her story. news reports saying how residents didnt feel safe now. turned out this woman stabbed herself for attention and it wasnt the first time.

post title is still pretty accurate- society is f@%$ed up
dont let life pass you by

Can't say that if the OP had been accurate it would have been shocking to those living in South Africa, fairly often here, the paramedics will be robbed while attending to an accident. Typically those involved in the accident are prone to being robbed too, if you flip your car in the wrong area, you can expect your phone and wallet to be stolen off your injured body.

yeah, thought id posted that here as well, sorry. i cant begin to tell you how livid i was when i found out about that bullshit.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.