mutumbo

Paramedic shot, society is going to hell.

Some of the EMS guys here in Los Angeles where stab vests, and yeah, some down in the hood wear bullet proof vests too. It blows chunks as we show up to help and this crap happens. I had a female 5150 sucker punch me right in the jaw once and she broke out one of my teeth. I finally got my service to stop making us wear badges so meth heads and gangbangers wouldn't so easily mistake us for cops in dark alleys . . .

NickD :)

This will be moved to the SC in no time.

It is also a prime example of why carrying guns is a fucking stupid idea, and the more people that do it, the more liklihood that this type of thing will happen.

Unfortuantely for America, 'pandoras box' has already been opened long ago, so it is hard to reverse the situation. It makes sense to be able to protect ones self in the situation america is in. This is the basis of the argument of JR and his other gun tot'n mates, If only they could experience life without the paranoia that everybody is going to shoot them. we have guns here, rifles, you wll get laughed at if you have a handgun.

Real men have hunting rifles and use them for hunting.

But we don't have the same extent of gun crime that is prevailent in america.

Unfortunately the situaton in the USA is not going to get any better soon.

Forunately New Zeland, England and other countires that I have been to have much stricter rules on guns and carrying them.
We can still get guns, go hunting and go to the range and practice but you simply do no seee the same extend of violent gun crime as you do in America.

Because people do not carry and run the risk of 'going off the rails' momentarily and doing something stupid as the persont he article at the start of this thread has done.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Frankly im confused by whole argumet. Ceiminals dot obey the laws. If you honestly think that outlawing guns now will have ANY effect on the ALREADY illegal weapons trade and number of criminals that have access to guns youre sadly mistaken man. It MIGHT make a small dent in the issue but other than that youd just be taking the guns away from the people that choose to obey the law not the ones that are already breaking it.

Im curious to see how things will change because of this shit. Weve had ALOT of issues lately with the sheriffs dept, not that they could have dot anything to prevent this exact incident from happening but maybe this will be the catalyst that finally gets shit moving. His brother was an on duty sheriffs officer who was among the hundreds that responded when that call went out.

edited for grammar.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I finally got my service to stop making us wear badges so meth heads and gangbangers wouldn't so easily mistake us for cops in dark alleys . . .

Back before I went to college, I was talking to my state police department about a job as a radio operator.
One thing that put me off was that the new commander of the state PD had just decided that radio operators would start wearing the same uniform as the cops, and adhere to the exact same dress code.

Oh, yeah, I really want to go out in public dressed exactly like a cop, but unarmed.:S
The existing radio operators were very unhappy about it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Frankly im confused by whole argumet. Ceiminals dot obey the laws. If you honestly think that outlawing guns now will have ANY effect on the illegal weapons trade and number of criminals that have access to guns youre sadly mistaken man. I MIGHT make a small dent in the issue but other than that youd just be taking the guns away from the people that choose to obey the law not the ones that are already breaking it.

I'm with you. Armed society is a polite society.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Unfortuantely for America, 'pandoras box' has already been opened long ago

And there is nothing we can do about that now.

Real men have hunting rifles and use them for hunting.

I disagree.

But we don't have the same extent of gun crime that is prevailent in america.

I would love to visit NZ! It's always been on my list of places to visit.

That's screwed up. Same thing happened during the inner city riots in the 60's, firemen being sniped at when responding to fires.:S[:/]

It sounds like an isolated incident and that the paramedic will make a full recovery. Do you think someone was after drugs, or just a grudge against society?

Because people do not carry and run the risk of 'going off the rails' momentarily and doing something stupid as the persont he article at the start of this thread has done.

The per capita crime rate among people licensed to carry concealed firearms in this country is minuscule compared to the general population. They are some of the most law abiding people you'll find. You seem to have that nanny-state notion that a gun in hand will eventually turn a normal person into a psychopath. Sorry, but I've seen too much evidence to the contrary. Please don't compare me to criminals.

And the hardened criminal and sociopaths committing crimes like shooting a paramedic? I guarantee they have no permit, and I'm willing to bet a prior record.

South of our border, where guns are highly controlled, the crime and murder rate is out of control. Obviously gun control is not working, but the common people go defenseless.

Frankly im confused by whole argumet. Ceiminals dot obey the laws. If you honestly think that outlawing guns now will have ANY effect on the ALREADY illegal weapons trade and number of criminals that have access to guns youre sadly mistaken man.

re-read where I talked about pandoras box already being opened in the united states.

That has not happened here so we have less gun crime. It still exists, it does and will always to some extent. But the magnatude of people (percentage wise)in the USA running around with guns, statistically will result in more gun crimes and shootings.

Pretty fucking simple really, just common sense.

It is too late for america to be without the guns you have because they are there, they are hoarded and they are in abundance.

I'm simply glad things are not like that here where I live...

Just sayn.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

That sucks. I disagree that this is SC material the point of the thread is that a shitty thing happened to someone in your profession or a colleague of yours.

Don't know what the hell is going on, it is the same here in the UK with emergency service personal being attacked etc. It must be some new "cool" thing for stupid people to do :(
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

The per capita crime rate among people licensed to carry concealed firearms in this country is minuscule compared to the general population. They are some of the most law abiding people you'll find. You seem to have that nanny-state notion that a gun in hand will eventually turn a normal person into a psychopath. Sorry, but I've seen too much evidence to the contrary. Please don't compare me to criminals.

Nah, not comparing you or anyone to anybody. I appologise if you read it that way.

Any human being whether it is you me the crackhead drug dealing pimp dude or little johhny down the road;

We all have the ability to be affected by our emotions, think irrationaly, act abnormaly or simply make mistakes.

The more people that have a gun at the ready at any one point in time n(leagal or not), will only result in more gun incidents or accidents. There is no denying that.

Just some places guns are more necessary or purposeful (as a form of self defense) than others. Here they are not necessary.

They are nice for some fresh organic meat though!

I think the Detroit EMT's have been wearing bullet proof vests for 20 years now already.

When I was there in college and looking for work, I was a registered EMT. However, EMTs in the Detroit area were making only minimum wage, and were subject to malpractice claims. I ended up waiting tables instead.:S
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I think the Detroit EMT's have been wearing bullet proof vests for 20 years now already.

When I was there in college and looking for work, I was a registered EMT. However, EMTs in the Detroit area were making only minimum wage, and were subject to malpractice claims. I ended up waiting tables instead.:S

There's a fly in my soup. Now you're gonna get it.

That's screwed up. Same thing happened during the inner city riots in the 60's, firemen being sniped at when responding to fires.:S[:/]

It sounds like an isolated incident and that the paramedic will make a full recovery. Do you think someone was after drugs, or just a grudge against society?

I wish i could say this was an isolated incident, its not.

about 3 months ago we had a deputy shot during a hostage situation, when he made entry with a few others into the house. LOONG story, for another day.

about 4 days ago I was involved in a bad situation with a crowd of people, and one SERIOUSLY pissed off parent, that i couldnt fix his kid this second (kid had a seizure, was postictal, there wasnt much we can do on scene, he needs a doctor and lab tests) well dad is SCREAMING at me and my emt about how he will kill us and everyone involved if we dont do something immediately. bla bla bla. . . .anyway sheriffs dept MAJORLY dropped the ball, leaving us trapped in our truck with them surrounding it. long story short they finally got on scene after taking abot 10 mins and their goddamn sweet time ( yes i DO know for a FACT they did not run lights and sirens to our distress call), and finally bailed us out.

but either way, thats another issue in itself, all together. but the crime here in pensacola IS sadly and very rapidly rising, things need to change soon. and i hope they will.

Places like detroit and Miami have been wearing bullet/stab resistant vests for a while now, and its looking like that is the way pensacola is heading. not sure. well see. problem is here, as everywhere, is budget, we already make SIGNIFICANTLY less than we should, hell i make $14 an hour, thats it, low compared to alot of other plaes(which are still under paid if you ask me). theres just no money to go around, so they say, which i take with a grain of salt, idk, its not my job to deal with the budget and that bullshit, thats the admin and supervisors jobs, lol.

as far as the drug seeking thing goes, well the 2 guys made no attempt to rob the shot medic nor the ambulance, but they were wearing NASCAR jackets, which in this area are known symbols of gang affiliation/ colors. so it may have been a gang related thing, were all still waiting to figure it all out and see what details emerge, but ill let yall know as soon as i can.

Trigirl, fuck i dont blame you, i honestly wouldnt do this job if i wasnt good at it(kinda like a natural talent, if you will), haha, but the pre hospital medical field i have a knack for, so its pretty much where i am. theres so much BS involved that some days it almost isnt worth it. but it is what it is, thats the medical field for ya.

and yeah personally i dont think this should be in SC. its not a gun debate, nor political, nor am i on my soap box ranting. its a statement of FACTS and an incident, that needed to be brought to more public eyes.
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

since when did nascar jackets become gang affiliated clothing? There's actually a gang of 30 year old balding white dudes? Wow. What is this world coming to?

around here they are, wierd i know. and the guy that shot him was not a balding white guy in his 30's LOL. try opposite of that. :D

[one SERIOUSLY pissed off parent, that i couldnt fix his kid this second (kid had a seizure, was postictal, there wasnt much we can do on scene, he needs a doctor and lab tests) well dad is SCREAMING at me and my emt about how he will kill us and everyone involved if we dont do something immediately. bla bla bla. . . .

I want to say that it sounds like our immediate-gratification/total-sense-of-entitlement society is reaching new lows. It was ridiculous for that man to expect you to perform a miraculous cure right there on the gurney. In fact, he was the problem that was keeping his son from receiving the care he needed. I've face life and death medical situations. That guy was an ass. Sorry you have to deal with idiots like that. [:/]

thanks, and youre 100% right, if he hadnt been an ass we could have left, instead of being stuck in the back of our truck for 15 mins. but whatever. thats the way society is today i guess [:/]