dreamdancer

Ayn Rand Railed Against Government Benefits, But Grabbed Social Security and Medicare When She Needed Them

she was a moocher and a hypocrite - and a crap science fiction writer.

Wow, I'm not even so extreme as you to claim that taking any benefit from the government is "mooching". But if that's what you think, it's not very consistent with all your other posts.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

True that. It's why the SS trust fund has no money in it. SS taxes go straight to the feds, who pay it back with interest. We've got another five years or so where SS income exceeds outlays. Once that happens, then the feds need to increase taxes or borrow more.

Kallend is also correct in that the government doesn't have to pay you anything in SS. And eventually it will happen when the Ponzi scheme that Kallend brags about with the 7-1 return collapses. Like any bubble, those who get in early and check out early get the most from it - all taken from the later saps...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

So she did that thing that some Conservatives do, in which they don't believe in science when it tells them something they don't want to hear.

I've noticed this to be a pretty common behavior for people in general, regardless of political affiliation.

Kallend is also correct

Yes, I am.

And eventually it will happen when the Ponzi scheme that Kallend brags about with the 7-1 return collapses. .

Please post a link to this alleged bragging.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

BTW, are you collecting on these? And how long have you been in the country, paying into them? Talk about potential mooching.

No, I am not. I have paid in the maximum in each of the past 32 years and expect to continue to do so for at least 5 more. My wife paid in all her adult life and died before collecting a penny.

Your offensiveness is noted.

I think she has some very valid points. But we live in a situation that is not optimal, and those of us who work for a living pay WAAAAY too much for those who don't. If that weren't the case, then there'd be no reason for her to tap into the SS system. But as it is, she's prob'ly paid 1/3 of her earnings to who knows whom. Heck yeah, she should get what's hers! She'd be crazy not to. If she HADN'T paid so many of her dollars in, then it'd be a different story.

I'll collect every penny back that I can get too! If the dimwit down the street who thinks she shouldn't have to work because she's a single mom...why should she get MY money when I work TOO many hours and am also a single mom. When I'm able to collect it back, there's no disgrace in taking it. It's MY money in the coffers. It's hers too. Good for her for snagging back every penny she can.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

But as it is, she's prob'ly paid 1/3 of her earnings to who knows whom. Heck yeah, she should get what's hers! She'd be crazy not to.

As the SCOTUS has previously ruled, it ISN'T hers at all.

But as it is, she's prob'ly paid 1/3 of her earnings to who knows whom. Heck yeah, she should get what's hers! She'd be crazy not to.

As the SCOTUS has previously ruled, it ISN'T hers at all.

okay...then some of what she "paid in." What was taken from her wasn't hers, but what she can recoup IS. Take it, Chick!
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

i suppose if you have house insurance and never make a claim you're going to want all your money back.

I guess you are also a hypocrite if you pay insurance all your life and when your house burns down expect to get paid?

Your arguments can be boiled down to you not having a leg to stand on other than yelling louder and louder.

Don't want Social Security? Save up your money and pay cash for retirement.

Paying into Social Security is not an option. If you are employed, you are forced by the government to buy that insurance. If you've been forced to contribute to a retirement fund by the government, it's more than reasonable to claim your benefits when you are eligible.

If the government forced you to buy fire insurance for your house from a specific company, you are not a hypocrite for asking for your benefits if your house burns down, even if you would rather have bought the insurance elsewhere.
Owned by Remi #?

Don't want Social Security? Save up your money and pay cash for retirement.

I guess I didn't understand your post. It sounded an awful lot like you were saying that if you don't want SS, go invest elsewhere.

Not an option here. That was my point.
Owned by Remi #?