Craterpond

Muslim Busted Playing Beaner

48 posts and counting. Excellent trolling.

So, two personal attacks in the last 3 post, yet not a single word about the "crime" reported in the OP, Very Telling....

Maybe you should offer your thoughts.

And yours are?

I'm pretty sure my outrageous title gave mine...what is yours? (about the OP, not me)

Oh, I had no idea what "beaner" even meant - you learn something new all the time I guess

Let me suggest that anybody in this thread who didn't know what the term "beaner" meant, really has given up their authority in talking about hispanic illegal immigrants in the US.

Seriously. While the term is bigoted, it's also extremely common and is used both in and out of the hispanic community. Lack of that knowledge is a clear demonstration of a person's unfamiliarity and exposure to that community whether positive or negative.

Crap. Over here, it's unknown. I had to check out in the internet.

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

>Guess I dont know that feeling as I remember exactly why I posted what I did

Ah. So you admit to initially claiming that rhetoric cannot possibly cause someone to shoot someone else. Which makes your flip-flop to the "incivility can cause some one to get shot because of their rhetoric" thing pretty funny.

Am I?

Hell man you must know better than I what I mean or say as much as you lay claim to it

Flip flop?

Ok

If you say so
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Oh, I had no idea what "beaner" even meant - you learn something new all the time I guess

Let me suggest that anybody in this thread who didn't know what the term "beaner" meant, really has given up their authority in talking about hispanic illegal immigrants in the US.

Seriously. While the term is bigoted, it's also extremely common and is used both in and out of the hispanic community. Lack of that knowledge is a clear demonstration of a person's unfamiliarity and exposure to that community whether positive or negative.

:|

I think it's funny when people are offended by the term 'beaner'...or 'towelhead'. I'm guessing you're the same folks who think it'll all be OK if we just make nice and quit making the world mad at us.:D:D:D
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Thank you for confirming my thesis. Because you have not lived in an area where the term is in common usage, you do not know the term.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Thank you for confirming my thesis. Because you have not lived in an area where the term is in common usage, you do not know the term.

Your thesis was that if you're not familiar with the term you have no authority in discussing hispanic illegal immigration. Or, in other words, if you're not close to the problem, you don't have anything to offer on the matter. It's a pretty silly argument. ...that's what people are getting on you about if it wasn't clear.

Your thesis was that if you're not familiar with the term you have no authority in discussing hispanic illegal immigration. Or, in other words, if you're not close to the problem, you don't have anything to offer on the matter. It's a pretty silly argument. ...that's what people are getting on you about if it wasn't clear.

But they don't.

When somebody has proven they literally do NOT know what is being talked about when certain terms are being used, how can they possibly have any credibility in talking about the subject?

It's like attempting to talk about the feeling of skydiving to somebody that has never actually jumped. Without that same experience between the two people and a common understanding of the terminology used, communication about the subject is only theoretical at best.

When christelsabine says she didn't know what the term "beaner" meant and had to look it up, it pretty much proves she's never lived in SoCal or experienced east LA as well as other vast areas of the US where the term has been and is common. Hell, it pretty much means she's never listened to the comedy of George Lopez or any one of a number of other comics that use it either. It means, she (as well as a lot of other people) doesn't have first or even second hand knowledge of just the basic culture surrounding the issue.

If that's the case, then exactly how can she (or those other people) speak with any authority about the issue?

I'll tell you how, in only the most abstract and uninformed ways possible.
quade -

I thought it was a derivative of 'flicking the bean' and the guy was caught 'choking the chicken' contrary to sharia law. I was curious if that was actually against sharia law.

This story is mildly interesting. Why is this guy news? Why did he want back so badly? Where did he get the money? What was he up to?

And why is Beaner an insult to Mexicans? In this context, it seems to be an insult only directed to illegal border crossers. Do we have to be polite to the ones that are entering the country illegally? Are we afraid to hurt the feelings of criminals? Surely we should go down to the jail and pay our respects to the rapists and murderers there?

In the grand scheme of things the terminology isn't really that big of a deal... and chances are the OP is not a truly bigoted racist... but why pass up the chance to call him/her one. :S
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

When christelsabine says she didn't know what the term "beaner" meant and had to look it up, it pretty much proves she's never lived in SoCal or experienced east LA as well as other vast areas of the US where the term has been and is common. Hell, it pretty much means she's never listened to the comedy of George Lopez or any one of a number of other comics that use it either. It means, she (as well as a lot of other people) doesn't have first or even second hand knowledge of just the basic culture surrounding the issue.

If that's the case, then exactly how can she (or those other people) speak with any authority about the issue?

Does this stance of yours apply if the person has constructive ideas for integration of illegals or only if they say something you think is wrong?

To be completely honest, I think your last post paints you in a very negative light.

When somebody has proven they literally do NOT know what is being talked about when certain terms are being used, how can they possibly have any credibility in talking about the subject?

Kindly recall this the next time there's a gun thread.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Does this stance of yours apply if the person has constructive ideas for integration of illegals or only if they say something you think is wrong?

Without speaking in absolutes and leaving open a non-zero chance they may, in fact, come up with something exceptional, I'd generally say they don't have enough information to make even a positive contribution because they simply don't have the ability to see the issue as it actually is but rather only as they think it is from a completely outside perspective.

To be completely honest, I think your last post paints you in a very negative light.

Well, I can live with that. I've been misinterpreted by a lot of people. Some choose not to even attempt to understand and I'm giving you props for at least doing that.
quade -

Sure. The next time you catch me misusing a term, go ahead and call me on it. Just be ready for me to do the same to you.
quade -

Sure. The next time you catch me misusing a term, go ahead and call me on it. Just be ready for me to do the same to you.

Nice dodge. I refer you back to your 'literally do not know what is being talked about' phrase.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Nice dodge. I refer you back to your 'literally do not know what is being talked about' phrase.

Again, fine. Exactly as I have done in this thread, if you catch me saying in a gun thread that I don't know what a term means, feel free.
quade -

Again, fine. Exactly as I have done in this thread, if you catch me saying in a gun thread that I don't know what a term means, feel free.

"Lack of that knowledge is a clear demonstration of a person's unfamiliarity and exposure to that community whether positive or negative. "

Your quote, I believe.

Keep squirming.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'd generally say they don't have enough information to make even a positive contribution because they simply don't have the ability to see the issue as it actually is but rather only as they think it is from a completely outside perspective.

Well, it seems apparent that you think this is predominetly about bigotry and feel that familiarity with biggoted buzz words are necessary for a legitimate conversation on the issue, which is absolutely ridiculous.

This is not about bigotry or what you precieve to be racism. How you view the issue will be different from the prespective of someone from Texas or Arizona. Sometimes a fresh prespective from an "outsider" is exactly what is needed.

As an editor I can spend 12-18 hours st8 looking at the same damn 15 minute edit/composition, and it helps to get an outside prespective to make sure you're not straying from reality or your target audience...

I've been misinterpreted by a lot of people. Some choose not to even attempt to understand and I'm giving you props for at least doing that.

I've been trying to understand, which is why I deleted my earlier response; and though you have given some positve insight into your mind, I still think this is nothing more than a creative back pedal.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Well, it seems apparent that you think this is predominetly about bigotry and feel that familiarity with biggoted buzz words are necessary for a legitimate conversation on the issue, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Is it?

Is it ridiculous to expect people to know "the n-word" when talking about racial issues in the US? If a person had never heard of "the n-word" and didn't know it was a racial slur yet was also self referentially used in the black community, how attuned into to the issues would you really think they are?

Would either blacks or whites take any politician seriously about racial issues in the US if he said that he had never heard of "the n-word" and didn't know what it meant?
quade -

Easy. You don't need to know a derogatory slang term to have an informed opinion. That term is not central to the post- nor to the larger issues of border security, terrorism, and illegal immigration.

Nor is it necessary to have an intimate knowledge of Mexican culture to have an informed opinion on these issues. We have all had different experiences- but these issues effect us all.

Without speaking in absolutes and leaving open a non-zero chance they may, in fact, come up with something exceptional, I'd generally say they don't have enough information to make even a positive contribution because they simply don't have the ability to see the issue as it actually is but rather only as they think it is from a completely outside perspective.

Perspective is an amazing thing. Its hard to tell who's outside and who's inside :P
Again and Again....face to face with the sky - RMR

Is it?

Is it ridiculous to expect people to know "the n-word" when talking about racial issues in the US? If a person had never heard of "the n-word" and didn't know it was a racial slur yet was also self referentially used in the black community, how attuned into to the issues would you really think they are?

Would either blacks or whites take any politician seriously about racial issues in the US if he said that he had never heard of "the n-word" and didn't know what it meant?

First...the word "nigger" has a much more notorious history/popularity than the word "beaner." Also, your reluctancy to say "nigger" shows that you may perhaps be out of touch with the real world when it comes to issues of racism. Perhaps a little too PC for your own good.

But I'll humor you...maybe it isn't absolutely ridiculous, but it certainly doesn't negate your athourity to speak on the issue.

...btw, illegal immigration isn't about racism or bigotry...It's about illegal immigration.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Keep squirming.

Keep selectively quoting.

Given your confusion over the use of "your boy", maybe you should just stop posting now.

After all, "lack of that knowledge is a clear demonstration of a person's unfamiliarity and exposure to that community whether positive or negative. "
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Guess I dont know that feeling as I remember exactly why I posted what I did

Ah. So you admit to initially claiming that rhetoric cannot possibly cause someone to shoot someone else. Which makes your flip-flop to the "incivility can cause some one to get shot because of their rhetoric" thing pretty funny.

I have to say I have enjoyed your reaction and post to words and tactics similarly used by you and others on the left when said words and tactics are tossed back in your face:D

They look kind of stupid don’t they

Ah the joy of demonstrating absurdity :D
Abraham Lincoln

But they don't.

It's like attempting to talk about the feeling of skydiving to somebody that has never actually jumped. Without that same experience between the two people and a common understanding of the terminology used, communication about the subject is only theoretical at best.

The thread was redirected to the term vs what the post was really about

You and others do that for reasons only you must understand

Typical
Abraham Lincoln

Yep. Compare that to a radical Christian cleric who wanted the government to support Christian religious doctrine, who called for Christian indoctrination of children in schools and who publicly called for the annihilation of gays. Oh, and who said the US "probably deserved" 9/11, and who was charged with fraud and deceit by the SEC

Yep, those evil christians are illegally crossing our border and stealing our jobs - the liberals better stop em' before things get outta control!

Mexico has a very strong Catholic presence 89% of the population according to Wikipedia. So I don't know if your post was backing up Billvon's statement or an attempt to be sarcastic[:/]
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.