turtlespeed

Beheader allowed to be his own defense

One has to wonder how his efforts to change the impression of Radical Muslims is going....:D:D:D

The Irony wasn't lost on me either -

LOL

I wonder if this incident will undermine his efforts.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

DiPirro said the couple had "physical confrontations off and on" for their entire eight-year marriage that had escalated to death threats. The grounds for divorce were "cruel and inhuman treatment," DiPirro said, referring to multiple prior incidents of abuse.
"We were worried about the situation becoming volatile," DiPirro said.

*sighs, shakes head*

Not worried enough, apparently.[:/]

What kind of defense is he planning, that was so different than the one his attorney had in mind? :S
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

DiPirro said the couple had "physical confrontations off and on" for their entire eight-year marriage that had escalated to death threats. The grounds for divorce were "cruel and inhuman treatment," DiPirro said, referring to multiple prior incidents of abuse.
"We were worried about the situation becoming volatile," DiPirro said.

*sighs, shakes head*

Not worried enough, apparently.[:/]

What kind of defense is he planning, that was so different than the one his attorney had in mind? :S

Sharia Law maybe?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

right....

i remember reading about this when it happened. I think the guy is waaay out there,, in left field...:S[:/]
how does the saying Go??
"the man who represents himself has a fool for an attorney":|

disclaimer... though i have lots of friends there, :)

buffalo is NOT rochester.....:ph34r:;)

and in all fairness to the locals, there.. THIS guy must be a transplant...:|
jt

One has to wonder how his efforts to change the impression of Radical Muslims is going....:D:D:D

In the UK one is innocent until proven guilty, is it the opposite way around in the US? Secondly if he did do this what has him being a murderer got to do with him being a Muslim? Did he murder her because of some religious reason? Is he using Islamic teaching as some sort of defence? If not his being a Muslim has nothing to do with being a murderer. As you are well aware Christians, Jews, Hindus, Atheists and Agnostics and every other religion on earth contain people who are domestic abusers. To link him being a self proclaimed muslim with being a domestic abusive murderer is simply intellectual laziness.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

In the UK one is innocent until proven guilty, is it the opposite way around in the US?

Wasn't aware SC was a court. Nice attempt to stifle the discussion, though.

Secondly if he did do this what has him being a murderer got to do with him being a Muslim? Did he murder her because of some religious reason? Is he using Islamic teaching as some sort of defence? If not his being a Muslim has nothing to do with being a murderer. As you are well aware Christians, Jews, Hindus, Atheists and Agnostics and every other religion on earth contain people who are domestic abusers. To link him being a self proclaimed muslim with being a domestic abusive murderer is simply intellectual laziness.

If you're trying to counter Western stereotypes of Muslims, beheading your estranged wife isn't exactly going to help change the outlook.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

In the UK one is innocent until proven guilty, is it the opposite way around in the US? Secondly if he did do this what has him being a murderer got to do with him being a Muslim? Did he murder her because of some religious reason? Is he using Islamic teaching as some sort of defence? If not his being a Muslim has nothing to do with being a murderer. As you are well aware Christians, Jews, Hindus, Atheists and Agnostics and every other religion on earth contain people who are domestic abusers. To link him being a self proclaimed muslim with being a domestic abusive murderer is simply intellectual laziness.

History is against them, and rightfully so, abusing women is a Muslim thing...

No, it's not. It's an ASSHOLE thing that can't be laid at the feet of any particular religion or race.

It is an ASSHOLE thng, yes. It is also a stereotype that the middle east and prodominantly muslim countries have earned.

and -

In the UK one is innocent until proven guilty,

That depends on how the media wants to spin it.
In theory, yes, it is supposed to be that way.

Thats the most retarded thing I've read here in a long time, well done.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

No, it's not. It's an ASSHOLE thing that can't be laid at the feet of any particular religion or race.

Exactly
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Thats the most retarded thing I've read here in a long time, well done.

+1

and another +1 for your other post. :|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

follow-Up...

in our local newspaper this morning...
"Buffalo Area TV Executive convicted of beheading wife."

*** The founder of a Muslim-oriented New York television station was convicted Monday of beheading his wife in 2009 in the studio the couple had opened to counter negative stereotypes of Muslims after the Sept. 11 terror attacks.
Muzzammil " Mo' Hassan never denied that he killed Aasiya Hassan inside the suburban Buffalo station the couple established to promote cultural understanding. A jury deliberated for one hour before rejecting his claim that the killing was justified because he was long abused by and afraid of his wife.
Hassan who is stocky and more than 6 feet tall, acted as his own lawyer druing the trial. He said nothing when the verdict was read. His reaction was blocked from view by a line of sheriffs deputies and court officers standing behind him at the defense table.
The Pakistan-born Hassan, 46, had been served with divorce papers a week before his wifes body was found at the offices of Bridges TV in Orchard Park, where the couple also lived. Hassan was arrested after walking into the Orchard Park police station Feb 12, 2009, and calmly telling officers his wife, who was slender and several inches shorter than him, was dead.
Prosecutor Colleen Curtin Gable said Hassan bought two hunting knives less than an hour before the attack, parked his luxury vehicle out of view at the station and then hid in wait, inside. During a 37 second frenzy that began when Hassan's wife walked through the door, he stabbed her more than 40 times in the face back and chest and decapitated her..."..***
Rochester NY Democrat & Chronicle Paper 2 - 8 -2011....

so much for dispelling "negative stereotypes" :S[:/]>:(
I would say.... this guy has ISSUES!!!!!:o

"Buffalo Area TV Executive convicted of beheading wife."

Sounds like the right headline. Sounds like a nutcase, and I don't believe that any religion has a monopoly on those.

Also sounds like he had the ideal defense counsel :o

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

:D:D:D:SB|

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."