turtlespeed

Ran across this oil news . . .

It really needs to be brought up again, I think.

Are we just saving this for a rainy day or do we just like giving money away . . . perhaps we (Our Government) really just doesn't like saving money.

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate—

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Gosh, 3.65 billion barrels of oil. That would last us about 6 months. Source: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2174rank.html

We need to cut demand.

I believe you missed the other numbers there.

Nope - you are right - the numbers there are as you say - I thought there were also the total national petroleum amounts.

I am on a different computer right now, and I can't find the report I was looking at earlier.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>It might cost $200/barrel to get it outta the ground.

Yep. And there might come a day when that's a pretty good deal. (Of course on that day we'll likely need it more for pharmaceuticals, plastics and industrial feedstocks, rather than something to burn in the jetski.)

Already stopped skydiving, and I drive a hybrid.

Your turn.

I home-spin all my clothing and have turned my home into a shelter for orphaned lepers.
Or is that lemurs? I forget. Anyhow, they're orphans.

I use Nutria fat as a fuel source instead of heating oil. I walk everywhere now. My dog powers a small tesla generator that I convert into power for my house.

Your turn.

I'm making plans to kill myself as soon as I finish arrangements for my enviro-friendly burial.

that'll make the militant earthers very happy - everyone apparently should try it once, I'm told

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm making plans to kill myself as soon as I finish arrangements for my enviro-friendly burial.

ROTFLMAO.....+10 that is the best fucking answer Ihave ever read to people that quit doing "x" for the enviroment.

LOL - no shit just KILL yourself to help the rest of us out......

Made my fucking day ;)
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

BTW, I didn't quit skydiving for the environment, I just wasn't digging that much anymore. I immediately started working on my pilot's license, so my net fuel use stayed about the same. I drive a hybrid because of a long ass commute. The fact that it uses less gas is better for the environment, but it's also better for my wallet.

The people who say that if you don't live like a 14th century serf you can't care about the environment are making the logical error of the false dichotomy. You can live a modern US lifestyle and still take steps to reduce your demand. I said we need to reduce demand, not eliminate demand.

The burial comment was pretty funny.

- Dan G

Environazi! Unless he lives naked without using heat or light he must be a hypocrite.

Actually the policy is because some of the heavy gear's warranties are based upon engine hours, nothing to do with conservation or the environment. We're too busy protecting the ducks for that shit.

>Actually the policy is because some of the heavy gear's warranties are
>based upon engine hours, nothing to do with conservation or the environment.

Econonazi! Unless he never spends any money and lives in poverty he's a hypocrite. It can really only be one or the other.

>Actually the policy is because some of the heavy gear's warranties are
>based upon engine hours, nothing to do with conservation or the environment.

Econonazi! Unless he never spends any money and lives in poverty he's a hypocrite. It can really only be one or the other.

Now you sound just like Dreamdancer