tkhayes

more guns less crime

You really need to understand the details of a sneak theft when the paperwork didn't show it.

And you need to understand that 140k dollars was missing from the accounts and they didn't even notice it. That tells me that if they didn't notice it, that they could spend that money on HC if they choose.

If I'm not mistaken, SDC doesn't technically have employees for that matter. As a 1099 contractor, I've never been offered benefits nor have I questioned how a business owner decides to spend THEIR money.

Ask the office help if they are 1099. Laurie, Deb, etc.... And ask if they have HC provided by SDC.

2 employees could get HC for less than 140K.

http://www.whtc.com/news/articles/2011/jan/24/detroit-police-station-shooting/

One case where more guns did nothing to lessen the crime from happening.

What???????
:S

Besides that fact the "lessen the crime from happening" makes no grammatical sense.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

?? You had just argued yesterday that this new offer of mental health care would save money, versus the costs of the shootings it would surely (whatever) prevent. Are you abandoning this stance already?

Who said I was abandoning the stance? Providing mental health care for thousands of dollars is cheaper than the tragedy of a multiple shooting which costs 10's of millions of dollars......ounce of prevention - pound of cure - maybe you've never heard of that - but I doubt it.

Many of these kids who shoot up schools are later found to be drugged up on all sorts of prescribed anti-depressants.

What's to say that mental health institutions are going to stop violent crimes? What if you spend tens of thousands of dollars on mental health rehab for one offender and he then goes out and kills again anyway, you still have to pay for the imprisonment, lawsuits, ect, plus you wasted the money on mental health services.

And even if more guns do not lessen crime, that doesn't mean we should eliminate American's rights to bear arms.

Hell we have over 200,000,000 guns in America. I'll bet you're in the camp that says it's physically impossible to get rid of 12,000,000 illegal immigrants. :D